pianoknight

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Phillies: Current set.

phillies.jpg

BUT I would say this is my 2nd favorite look of the phillies

1991+Score+%252394+Kruk.jpg

Maybe its cause my earliest memories of the phillies in the early 90s was that, but I kinda like it more than the powder blue.

Flyers:

Late 90s set was perfection.

Flyers21.png

Eagles:

Midnight green uniforms...but without the dropshadow

2001_01_01_DONOVAN_MCNABB_LARGE.JPG

Sixers:

Fleer-1993-94-1-1024x723.jpg

ok just kidding, I would say these

p879398dt.jpg

ok before i go....a shot of their best warmups lol

shawn_bradley_nick_van_exel.jpg

TomReid-2.jpg

278060_display_image.jpg?1299614437

Mo.jpg

t_33894.jpg

also, i'm far from a big basketball fan, but if i had to pick a team, it would be my hometown mavericks... and this is by far my favorite mavs look of all time.

jamal_mashburn_jason_kidd_jim_jackson.jpg

the blue jersey was meh. but the white one was so clean and classic.

Robin%20Roberts.jpg

If the stars were blue like the current set this would be 100% perfect. The font is better and the cap logo is better than the current set. Not that the current set isn't beautiful in it's own right, it's a great modern take on it, but I always thought this was the superior version.

21dh5qp.png

One of the good things about that Phillies set is that it uses a red script with a white outline. The current red script on the giant white patch just looks cheap and is one of the only problems I have with their uniforms.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Tulane Green Wave football:

104015515_display_image.jpg?1309096748

384653_256033027780959_118859528164977_808253_1762434341_n.jpg

New Orleans Saints:

gold_black_3.jpg

Sucks that they only wore it once :(

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

One of the good things about that Phillies set is that it uses a red script with a white outline. The current red script on the giant white patch just looks cheap and is one of the only problems I have with their uniforms.

That's one of my biggest peeves too. It baffles me that they go to the trouble to use chain stitching, but just put it on a large patch. Also, the current script is just too manufactured - the letters would never actually be drawn that way if by hand (rounded bottoms, perfect proportions, the wonky P, etc.). The old script had an organic quality to it that the current one just can't touch.

Also I disagree about the blue stars. They could own red and white, or at least red and white w/ pinstripes. The current set also uses those weak printed on pinstripes on the set-in sleeve template, which looks incredibly cheap to me. Go with thicker zig zag stripes, w/ less white space in between, and on a raglan template. 100x improvement.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

The striping is vastly superior. It invokes imagery of the forest covered mountains rising above the ocean. The 'V' adds a unique flavour to the jersey that looks fantastic. The pants striping is different and the white bordered by green looks better. The colours pop more. The logo actually uses the colours found on the jersey, and looks like it belongs there. The striping manages to be creative while not being overcomplicated, unlike the current jerseys which are as generic as possible.

That's just the uniform though. I don't even want to argue about the logo.

I like it just because it's old? No, I like it because it's the best identity they've had. If being old makes it good then I guess that this is a fantastic uniform.

Good points. I will add in that it includes much more green than their current set and the collar is vastly superior to what they wear now. I am not big on the stick in rink logo (it's better than the orca, but too generic to be a primary). Other than that, this set is great and adding a green outline on the numbers would make it close to perfect.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

The striping is vastly superior. It invokes imagery of the forest covered mountains rising above the ocean. The 'V' adds a unique flavour to the jersey that looks fantastic. The pants striping is different and the white bordered by green looks better. The colours pop more. The logo actually uses the colours found on the jersey, and looks like it belongs there. The striping manages to be creative while not being overcomplicated, unlike the current jerseys which are as generic as possible.

That's just the uniform though. I don't even want to argue about the logo.

The striping may work on the white version of the set but on the matching blue version, it looks positively awful. The green should never touch the blue as there is not enough contrast between the shades. The collar looks goofy in the Edge format (though not a fault of the original design) and the pant stripes look like they were taped on.

The current set's striping on the other hand, may be simple but it works well for both jerseys. A broad green stripe seperated by thin white accents to make it pop. The modern stick and rink on the pants is a stroke of genius. It's also not the first jersey to have colours on its logo not found in the striping. Coyotes, Blackhawks, Blue Jackets, Senators, Jets, etc..

georgebrett.jpg

George Brett in the 1980's (was there anyone better) ROYALS AWAY...

funny thing is it look like Woody Harrelson to me. But he never played for the Royals

danny-manning-001289451.jpg

Love the yellow Stripes. The Jayhawk has yellow in it.. Why not in the Jersey.

p-496484-steve-deberg-autographed-hand-signed-football-card-kansas-city-chiefs-1991-upper-deck-aw-39283.jpg

CLASSIC. Just look at Deberg. CLASSIC. Todays player would be on the IR and not even attempt to play.

SIRolandoBlackman.jpg

Two tone WILDCATS unis. Beat the gray ones that they wear today.

1130464_display_image.jpg

R E G G I E !!! With the KINGS

Archived