Jaguar Logo

DawgPacPBH

I know this might not make sense, but I think you need less spots, or maybe make them a tone or push them back a little bit. I think they are a little TOO apparent and distract from some really nice details you have included. I would also look at the symmetry of the area right below the ear...

"Classic" does not mean it gets a free pass for being bad design.

6624288275_95c33d4680_z.jpg

I know this might not make sense, but I think you need less spots, or maybe make them a tone or push them back a little bit. I think they are a little TOO apparent and distract from some really nice details you have included. I would also look at the symmetry of the area right below the ear...

Good call, I was wondering what made it look off. I'm still trying to decide how the black looks compared to this tone, thoughts?

jag2.png

Twitter: @peteeee

E-Mail: peteschwadel@gmail.com

Dribbble!

I love this. The nose and mouth area looks really good. I prefer the top left version, the detail on the eyes looks better, plus the darker color fits more. Great fix on the ears as well.

I'd suggest making the spots still black, but with less of them (more space in between the spots). The spots are the only weak part of the logo, IMO.

Completely agree about the spots. Takes away from the logo way too much, looks like someone just took a black Sharpie and drew all over the jaguar's face.

Otherwise, I love this. The nose and mouth area looks really good. I prefer the top left version, the color makes the ears look realistic, plus the detail on the eyes is better.

Yeah, I was thinking the top left too, but the first version had the other eyes so I figured I'd let you guys pick it apart. Check the latest post for updated under ear/spots.

Dribbble!

I definitely like the darker/black spots a whole lot better. But overall this logo is very good.

Facebook: CustomSportsCovers Twitter: CSCovers

No because when the Irish came to Ireland and first came in contact with the leprechaun people, they didn't take their land away and force them to move west. Instead, the two groups learned to assimilate peacefully. However, certain tribes of the leprechaun refused to taint the pure blood and moved north into the forests of Ireland, only to be seen rarely, usually at the same time of a rainbows appearance and occasionally at the factories of Lucky Charms.

Looks very nice. I like it. The big eyes and ears make it look more like a jaguar cub than an adult, but a nice rendering.

I suggest getting rid of the gray on the chin. That is the only spot on the entire logo with gray and it just adds another unecissary color. Make it the same light tan as the face or ears.

The two versions on the left are best IMO, probably because the black lines under the eyes make it a little less friendly-looking.

Do you plan to make a wordmark or not?

Your "cuter" logo is really great. I agree with ColeJ but don't think the youth of the cat is a bad thing. Your fiercer update is a downgrade in my opinion. The cat still looks young, just now like a jerk. Like it would be a bully in a Disney movie about a middle school of jungle cats. Maybe the first attempt should be embraced as an elementary school logo, there is nothing wrong with that. It's a really great logo.

If you don't like the youthfulness of your first logo, I'd just make small changes. To me the things that make a face young are oversized and soft features. It doesn't have to snarl. Just make the edges harder, eyes a bit smaller and narrower. Ears and nose could be smaller too. Maybe change the fur too. The raggedness makes the cat look like a rascally pre-teen. To keep with my human analogy, maybe make the chin fur like a long goatee and have the rest of the fur well kempt so the look is like that of a smooth villain.

For all logos, I prefer the black spots to the lighter ones.

Your "cuter" logo is really great. I agree with ColeJ but don't think the youth of the cat is a bad thing. Your fiercer update is a downgrade in my opinion. The cat still looks young, just now like a jerk. Like it would be a bully in a Disney movie about a middle school of jungle cats. Maybe the first attempt should be embraced as an elementary school logo, there is nothing wrong with that. It's a really great logo.

If you don't like the youthfulness of your first logo, I'd just make small changes. To me the things that make a face young are oversized and soft features. It doesn't have to snarl. Just make the edges harder, eyes a bit smaller and narrower. Ears and nose could be smaller too. Maybe change the fur too. The raggedness makes the cat look like a rascally pre-teen. To keep with my human analogy, maybe make the chin fur like a long goatee and have the rest of the fur well kempt so the look is like that of a smooth villain.

the 1st one has a great look to it. dont throw it away. add something fierce to it.

In the last game against Detroit, the time from ten minutes left to one minute left was probably the longest nine minutes of my life. But from one to zero was probably the greatest time I've ever had. I didn't want the clock to run out. It was such a great feeling: people crying in the stands, people jumping up and down, people cheering. Guys couldn't even sit up on the bench. It was probably the best minute of my life.

Ah, the "I'm kidding" - the universal internet excuse for saying something that others perceived as dumb.

the 1st one has a great look to it. dont throw it away. add something fierce to it.

New update. Tried to make it more fierce, and take out some of the features making it look younger.

newjag.png

Dribbble!

I agree with this completely.

New update. Tried to make it more fierce, and take out some of the features making it look younger.

newjag.png

The top half looks good, the bottom half looks off. The shape in general is off, and it looks a little weird to me without it showing the top teeth. It looks a bit too human. Like some Jaguar-man yelling. lol.

Archived