Sign in to follow this  
DawgPacPBH

Jaguar Logo

Looking any better?

jagupdate.png

I think so. Although definitely keep the "cub" one, if you didn't alter it too much already. I think the reason why people like it so much is that all though unintentional, it is unique and could be used for youth sports, as others suggested.

As far as the latest version, my thoughts...

1. Perhaps incorporate a couple of "anger" lines in the brow and muzzle?

2. Make the nose more narrow, but widen/ modify the lines outside the nose to accentuate the muzzle.

3. Taper off the jaw and chin more?

4. Move the teeth a little closer together. I think the smaller teeth could be one solid part with ridges.

It's looking good, keep it up!

This is really coming together! I like the latest update

Really great progress here. I like the version before this one more. There's still a lot of black space outside the mouth though. I think if you narrowed those black strokes just a bit, implemented some lines around the muzzle to give it a more cat-like snarl, and made the nose less broad it'd give it a better overall look.

Really great progress here. I like the version before this one more. There's still a lot of black space outside the mouth though. I think if you narrowed those black strokes just a bit, implemented some lines around the muzzle to give it a more cat-like snarl, and made the nose less broad it'd give it a better overall look.

Thanks, bit by bit it's coming together. Are these the changes you'd pictured?

whitejag2.png

Big improvement! I like the one on the right better. Could you show more top teeth and kind of peel back the upper lip a bit so there is more of a snarl?

I still think this would be better with a closed mouth as you had when you started. Would you be able to merge the upper half of your most recent version with the lower half of your original attempt? Your first logo had a great look that is rare in logos. Content, confident but a sense that it could get angry if provoked. Logos are often too angry in sports. I really liked the more stable countenance of your closed mouth cat.

Also, I liked the goatee like tufts of hair on the chin of your original. Do you think that could be incorporated into your most recent version? And I'm not sure, but the original shape of the ears, and maybe even the eyes,(although both were too big) look more realistic to me as well (or at least aesthetically better).

Thanks, bit by bit it's coming together. Are these the changes you'd pictured?

whitejag2.png

Hey, those were the same suggestions I made! :P

It's really taking shape. The one on the right looks better, IMO. If you can achieve a similar look with less colors, then go for it.

A bit nitpicky here, but it looks like there is a bit of a bleed on the top left ear, right where it meets the top of the head.

Starting to look pretty great! A few minor suggestions:

- I feel like the K9 teeth are going outward a bit too much. I'd try rotating them inwards slightly(coutnerclockwise on the left, clockwise on the right, if that makes sense).

- Right now the pink tongue really stand out. I think you either need a darker shade of it, or you might even be able to get away with a gray tongue.

- Try tapering the whiskers so that they come to a point at the end instead of being rounded

GREAT WORK! I love seeing threads like this where a logo evolves from good to amazing.

- I feel like the K9 teeth are going outward a bit too much. I'd try rotating them inwards slightly(coutnerclockwise on the left, clockwise on the right, if that makes sense).

- Right now the pink tongue really stand out. I think you either need a darker shade of it, or you might even be able to get away with a gray tongue.

- Try tapering the whiskers so that they come to a point at the end instead of being rounded

GREAT WORK! I love seeing threads like this where a logo evolves from good to amazing.

Took your comments into account, and did a little work on the teeth as suggested earlier!

jagteeth.png

Took your comments into account, and did a little work on the teeth as suggested earlier!

jagteeth.png

NICE!!!

this current one looks great for a goalie mask design.

if you turn it side ways, it'd be great for football

What I love about your design is how simple and versatile it is. When it's growling, it looks fit for an NFL Squad, but when it has that cute smile, it would be perfect for a Pee-wee League.

I have loved seeing this thing evolve. I currently have no complaints!

Maybe try putting in a tad bit more color, like in the eyes?

This has come a long way from the original, even though the original was pretty good. The latest update looks really great. Only thing I would look at is some of the really small strokes around the eye area, they probably wouldn't even be noticeable at a smaller size. Really nice progression and work here.

Thanks for all the positive comments guys! It's been fun taking the criticism and putting into practice. Now I just have to form an identity around it!

dawgpac - you've got such a distinctive style...the updated "fierce" logos don't have the sense of uniqueness that the original did...try to work some of those angular lines from the original in