dsaline97's MLB Series

dsaline97

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lose the double-outline on the A on the red jersey and you've got a winner. Simple white A outlined in black will do. The jersey actually looked a lot better than I expected. Nice work and thanks for making all three of these examples.

594dd21ce423b_SmallHats.png.3601f33ba30ee66006c37617c7069ace.png

Los Angeles Dodgers

The Dodgers have a clean, classy look that is one of the best in the league. I still was able to make some changes.

-Put the primary on the sleeve as a roundel. It is an alt logo that they introduced that I wish they would have put it on the sleeves.

-Added a Dodger blue alt. They failed doing this in 1999, because it didn't match other jerseys. This one is clean but unique.

-Powder throwback. I loved their Brooklyn unis, and I wanted the Dodgers to pay tribute to their old home.

-NO MORE RED! Like the Yankees, the Dodgers don't need the amount of red they currently have. I made the primary all blue and the front numbers blue as well.

LAD.png

Oh, and if you didn't notice, I'm trying out a simpler presentation style.

C&C Appreciated!

spacer.png

Good job on the Dodgers. The alt they tried in '99 was horrendous; all they needed was something simple like this. It looks odd to see a Dodgers uni without red numbers, but I understand your reasoning for cutting the red. I would, however, at least make the baseball red. Sure, red's not on the uniforms, but the Blue Jays have red on their logo and not on their jerseys because baseballs (and maple leaves) are red in real life, so they should get a pass.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

The Braves set is now perfect, nice job on them.

It's very odd seeing the red numbers gone, but I understand the reason for it. The set really looks nice. My only gripe is that patch logo with the dodgers script would get repetitive on the home and home alternate. I think that the current LA logo on the sleeves works.

San Francisco Giants

Here's what I did:

-Made the home jersey white instead of cream. White makes the numbers and scripts pop better IMO.

-Used the 1990's scripts. The arched SAN FRANCISCO script doesn't look that good, and I wanted one that would match the GIANTS font.

-Used their recent alternate logo as a sleeve logo. I love roundels on patches (as you can probably tell), but I don't like when the contents extend past the outside of the circle. That's what the Giant's current primary does, and it bothers me. The "shadow" baseball looks more like a sad attempt at a gradient and looks very unprofessional.

-Took the new road alt and removed the gold shadow from it. Makes much more sense to me.

SF.png

C&C Appreciated!

spacer.png

Arizona Diamondbacks

Thanks for the C&C everyone.

For the Diamondbacks, the sets are about the same, except I took off the db snake from the sleeves. It doesn't look right to me.

The hats were a little tricky. I like the direction of the snake D logo. My biggest pet peeve is when a team incorporates the first letter of the nickname into one of their logos, like the Cincinnati Bengals. Recoloring the A looked bad no matter how I did it, so I just left the A as it was against a red hat. I know there isn't much contrast, but I figured I could ask you guys for your thoughts.

ARI.png

C&C Appreciated!

This very well could be my last concept for a week or so fyi.

spacer.png

I agree that the home alt would look great as cream. Also, what made the "db" logo look wrong on the sleeves - I actually really like it. The caps need contrast, so I would suggest having the "D" on the home caps (in Diamondbacks) and the "A" on a black hat on the road (as in Arizona) so it matches the script tradition in putting the city name on the road and the team name at home.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

I agree that the home alt would look great as cream. Also, what made the "db" logo look wrong on the sleeves - I actually really like it. The caps need contrast, so I would suggest having the "D" on the home caps (in Diamondbacks) and the "A" on a black hat on the road (as in Arizona) so it matches the script tradition in putting the city name on the road and the team name at home.

THIS.

2ns84yg.png

10n7yog.png

25krb0y.png

Dodgers: Great job on getting rid of that red front number. I never understood that and I probably never will.

Giants: You chose the best scripts they've ever used and executed it to near perfection. I'd rather see cream at home and neck piping like SFGiants58 said, but that road alternate is the best part of this concept. It's such a shame that we won't be seeing that jersey take the field this year rather than that garbage they picked out.

2ns84yg.png

10n7yog.png

25krb0y.png

THIS.

Thirded.

Going back to the other concepts, I like the Dodgers. While I don't mind them HAVING red, I hate how they use it with the front numbers. I also think you executed the blue jersey really well.

I like what you did with the Giants as well. I'm with SFGiants58 that you should give the road alt cap an orange bill. The road script looks better, but I would LOVE to see the script from the dugout jackets. Just personal preference though.

If anything, if you're going to have two caps- one with the city name and the other with the team name, they should be reversed. City name at home, team name on the road, so it does not get repetitive with the script. The best example of this was the days of the royal and yellow Mariners.

As for the concept, it looks fine. If you want to use the A logo on brick caps, try to recolor it to give it some contrast. Also, I'm really not a fan of having two alternate jerseys of the same color, so maybe try making the A jersey either cream, with pinstripes (homage to 2001), or both.

Archived