dsaline97's MLB Series

dsaline97

Here's the Dodgers and Giants updates:

LAD-update1.png

SF-update1.png

Colorado Rockies

The Rockies got a complete overhaul in this concept. The only thing that remains is purple and vests. Everything else, primary and all, are homemade. I am thinking about making green sleeves for the purple jerseys if there is any support for it.

COL.png

C&C Appreciated!

spacer.png

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love the Giants and Dodgers concepts. I think the Rockies concept is good, but I'm not liking the colors. They kind of remind me of this:

barney.jpg

Woah! You think I'm Cody? My name is Carl Scott Simone and we just happen to share a birthday. BIG DEAL.

For My D'backs, try a DB logo alternate hat using cream. this will look amazing with what you have going on.

In the last game against Detroit, the time from ten minutes left to one minute left was probably the longest nine minutes of my life. But from one to zero was probably the greatest time I've ever had. I didn't want the clock to run out. It was such a great feeling: people crying in the stands, people jumping up and down, people cheering. Guys couldn't even sit up on the bench. It was probably the best minute of my life.

Ah, the "I'm kidding" - the universal internet excuse for saying something that others perceived as dumb.

San Diego Padres

I made a classic spin on the current set with the favorite brown and yellow for the Padres. While the script inconsistency is pretty noticeable with the home and road, it was reasonable enough that I could deal with it (part of it is my lack of ability to create logos). The home alt is pretty wild, but I think it works with a color scheme like this one.

SD.png

C&C Appreciated!

spacer.png

Nice job! I really like this set; my only suggestion would be to make the "SD" on the gold alt brown with a white outline as opposed to vice versa.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

Time for more updated concepts. For now, I have the Diamondbacks and Rockies.

For the D-Backs, I switched the colors on the hat logo. I also put pinstripes on the home alt in honor of the 2001 World Series championship team.

ARI-update1.png

The Rockies got another overhaul.

The logos and such created by me weren't very good at all. So, I went back to the drawing board and went with the Rox current logos. The sharp green is also gone. I felt it didn't really do any good for the concept. The mountain primary shape remains on the sleeves. Based on what I came up with, my goal was to make the Rockies a purple first team, as evidenced here.

COL-update1.png

spacer.png

Rockies: I'm not sure there's anything I really like about this set. The 'Mountain-circle' logo looks pretty horrible with all the empty space, and there might even be too much purple. I'm just not feeling it; the set with the green was much better.

D-Backs: Pretty good set. I know what you're going for with the pinstripes, but it really doesn't match the rest. The other three jerseys are a really strong, cohesive set. I recommend sticking with them and ditching the pinstripes.

Padres: Really like the home, road and second alt. The primary concerns I have with the set with the main alt... the 'interlocking SD' occurs 3 times on that uniform. I have two suggestions:

1) Put 'Padres' on this jersey, and the 'interlocking SD' on the road alt.

2) Put a 'P' styled like the one in 'Padres' on the hat corresponding to whichever jersey gets the 'interlocking SD' logo.

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

I just finished updating the Padres. I put the old swinging friar on the alt jerseys. I know its not the current one, but it looks much better imo. I also inverted the SD on the home alt jersey.

SD-update1.png

C&C Appreciated!

spacer.png

I updated the Rockies again.

-No more vests. They don't seem very professional to fit in the league.

-Altered primary. I added laces and enlarged the wordmark to remove some of the excess negative space.

-No front number. There isn't a number font that can match the Rox's unique scripts, not even block.

-Switched the black and purple on the hats. My friend has an exact that I used for the home jersey in my last update, and it doesn't look nearly as good as I thought it would.

COL-update2.png

C&C Appreciated!

spacer.png

Nice work. My only suggestions would be to:

• Make the belts black
  • Put a purple button on the purple-brimmed cap
  • Make "COLORADO" on the primary white as opposed to black

New York Yankees

My goals for the Yanks:

-use one NY and emphasize it

-make the logo their primary colors

NYY.png

Boston Red Sox

I changed navy to dark green, not only for the Irish population, but also for the Green Monster. I also wanted to make them even more of a red team. Their blue cap seems weird to me, and translating that to a green one wouldn't look right. Other than that, not many changes.

BOS.png

C&C Appreciated!

spacer.png

That Red Sox looks really good. I like the whole green idea because it really suits Boston. As for the yankees, I love the new logo you have because I like the way you kept it original while giving it some more navy. The unis are excellent. The yankees are perfect.

As with most red-green BoSox concepts, you should really darken the green to avoid it looking "Christmas-y" (think forest green).

For the Yankees, the cap logo is too skinny to work on a jersey; I'd stick to the fat one for the jerseys. I'd add sleeve piping to the alt because as of now, it looks too much like a BP uni (a problem the BoSox have now). And it appears that on the home, some pinstriped went missing around the middle. And good call on minimizing the red and replacing the royal for their actual shade of blue, though I suggest making the ball red.

BigBubba took what I was going to say except one thing: The hanging socks cap in green please! it would go perfect with the set.

In the last game against Detroit, the time from ten minutes left to one minute left was probably the longest nine minutes of my life. But from one to zero was probably the greatest time I've ever had. I didn't want the clock to run out. It was such a great feeling: people crying in the stands, people jumping up and down, people cheering. Guys couldn't even sit up on the bench. It was probably the best minute of my life.

Ah, the "I'm kidding" - the universal internet excuse for saying something that others perceived as dumb.

Archived