dsaline97's MLB Series

dsaline97

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have the Houston Astros, and 2 updates.

Black and gold seem like good Texas-y colors to me. Fox made a concept with these colors and I loved it. The scripts are their older ones, and I feel they are much better than the ones they have now.

HOU.png

For the Mariners' 1st update, I added a teal-brimmed hat and changed the alt pipings to silver to match the scripts.

SEA-update1.png

All I changed for the Rangers was inverted scripts. It does look a lot better.

TEX-update1.png

C&C Appreciated!Thanks for the comments on this series so far.

spacer.png

Seattle and Texas were updated well. I'm a big fan of the Astros set, bot something about the home and road scripts looks...off. Maybe it's just me/the fact that they've been scaled down to be pretty small, though (For example, the outline on the star in "Astros" is much thicker than the one in "Houston". It's probably just the result of scaling it down, though).

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

The Astros set is awesome! I really like that colour scheme. Mariners and Rangers look good too, but I don't think both Texas teams need to use gold.

Any suggestions for a different color scheme? If so, I'm all for it.

colorschemes-final-1.png

spacer.png

The Astros set is awesome! I really like that colour scheme. Mariners and Rangers look good too, but I don't think both Texas teams need to use gold.

Any suggestions for a different color scheme? If so, I'm all for it.

<insert image here>

Have you considered brown and white? A really simple two-colour scheme could work for the Rangers. If not that, maybe try switching the Astros' gold to a copper colour instead. The Rangers don't look bad how you have them, but blue and gold looks very Royals (even if your Royals don't use the gold), and gold for the Astros doesn't help, either.

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

Have you considered brown and white? A really simple two-colour scheme could work for the Rangers. If not that, maybe try switching the Astros' gold to a copper colour instead. The Rangers don't look bad how you have them, but blue and gold looks very Royals (even if your Royals don't use the gold), and gold for the Astros doesn't help, either.

I'll try it later. For now, here's an Angels update.

ANA-update1.png

spacer.png

Black and gold seem like good Texas-y colors to me. Fox made a concept with these colors and I loved it. The scripts are their older ones, and I feel they are much better than the ones they have now.

HOU.png

You may be intrigued by this Astros hat that I found on Hatclub. It's the same as yours except it doesn't have a gold brim.

http://www.hatclub.com/fitteds/5950-Astros-90-Black-Black-Metallic-Gold-13629

I'm just going to leave the Rangers the way they are. I might go back and change them after the series if I'm not feelin' it.

Since there is only one more division left, I should say what I want to do with this thread.

1. BP jerseys

2. 4th of July/Memorial Day jerseys (Canada Day for the Blue Jays)

More ideas are appreciated!

spacer.png

The only other colour schemes I can think of for the Rangers are red and blue (like they currently use) or dark and light brown (if you wanted something different)... anyways, your Angels concept is really unique! It's hard to make purple work as a primary colour, but it looks great.

You could do defunct/relocated teams or try to combine them with the team they became (I remember SFGiants48 did an Expos-inspired Nats set, for example) much like rosstylor24 did an NHL series that involved mixing the identities of old and new teams.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

Archived