I present to you the tackiest baseball stadium

BadSeed84

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

800px-Marlins_2008_001.jpg

Compared to this piece of crap, Marlins Ballpark is already a classic stadium.

And all jokes aside, that's a very big crowd for them. They should have used tarp in the upper decks like Oakland. Aw well, not an issue now.

I'm kind of going to miss it...how it was so cavernous, nobody showed up, and an abundance of teal around the field.

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

The Marlinnns new stadium! (not my page), also I know theres prob some 200 page marlins thread somewhere, but cmon the stadium is basically done!

http://www.stadiumpage.com/construction/MarlinsPark_201200302.html

Gotta love how they have a sign that says BULLPEN with a down arrow, guess miami fans aren't too bright in their eyes lmao. (editL its its just for fanfest, than I guess its not too bad)

And this is tacky how? The architecture is very typical of South Florida. So by "tacky" I assume you mean it's not something you'd expect to find in your own backyard.

P.S. Thats a pretty nice view of downtown.

What I like best about this stadium is the big windows. Imagine being at a game during bad weather, and being able to look past the outfield to see a lightning storm in the city.

You would close the windows then! (They're attractable windows right? Just like in Arizona? If they're not, that would defeat the point of having a dome)

What I like best about this stadium is the big windows. Imagine being at a game during bad weather, and being able to look past the outfield to see a lightning storm in the city.

You would close the windows then! (They're attractable windows right? Just like in Arizona? If they're not, that would defeat the point of having a dome)

I think you mean "retractable". Well, if it's bad weather, then the roof will be used. You can't move the windows.

Go A's!

Brewers have that at Miller Park. Definitely a fun experience during storms.

What I like best about this stadium is the big windows. Imagine being at a game during bad weather, and being able to look past the outfield to see a lightning storm in

the city.

I think you mean "retractable". Well, if it's bad weather, then the roof will be used. You can't move the windows.

The windows can slide open even if the roof is closed.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Well, yeah, that's what I mean. It'll be really cool to look out the windows into the city during some nasty weather.

tacobell.jpg

Yes, I root for teams all over the place. And I apparently favor birds.

800px-Marlins_2008_001.jpg

Compared to this piece of crap, Marlins Ballpark is already a classic stadium.

And all jokes aside, that's a very big crowd for them. They should have used tarp in the upper decks like Oakland. Aw well, not an issue now.

I'm kind of going to miss it...how it was so cavernous, nobody showed up, and an abundance of teal around the field.

Still good it's gone. One last NFL/MLB venue left (and the last of the old 60's concrete donuts) in Oakland. I'll miss that park too for many of the same reasons. But it also have to go asap. It's a disgrace of a park that unlike Sun Life is in far worse shape and is tacky too with that newer CF monstrosity that makes the Marlins new HR display look classy.

Looks like the home run monstrosity won't be long for this world, or at least long in its current location. Left handed hitters on the Marlins are already complaining about it. And if the home team is complaining you can bet away teams will as well. I'd be surprised if it is still in its present location by opening day. Question is, can they move it anywhere else in the park or will they just have to dismantle it?

http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/03/05/2675578/sculpture-at-marlins-park-might.html

Looks like the home run monstrosity won't be long for this world, or at least long in its current location. Left handed hitters on the Marlins are already complaining about it. And if the home team is complaining you can bet away teams will as well. I'd be surprised if it is still in its present location by opening day. Question is, can they move it anywhere else in the park or will they just have to dismantle it?

http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/03/05/2675578/sculpture-at-marlins-park-might.html

No, not possible. Its in a big concrete container. Its either in that exact spot, or its gone. I'm 99% sure it will survive. They wouldn't have spent a ton of money on that thing without being sure it would be ok.

Funny. I didn't see a quote from a left handed hitter complaining about it.

No, not possible. Its in a big concrete container. Its either in that exact spot, or its gone. I'm 99% sure it will survive. They wouldn't have spent a ton of money on that thing without being sure it would be ok.

Apparently they didn't. Just like they didn't think the neon backing would be a problem as a batters eye. If it's in the way MLB will force them to either cover it or remove it. It'll all come down to how it performs this week. If the Yankees complain, it'll be gone.

See you need to read the article to know what's in it.

“I won’t be the only left-handed hitter saying something. If other teams have a problem with it, they’re definitely going to voice their concern to the league.” - Greg Dobbs

And they talked to several others who weren't quoted.

See you need to read the article first to see the complaints.

?I won?t be the only left-handed hitter saying something. If other teams have a problem with it, they?re definitely going to voice their concern to the league.? - Greg Dobbs

Apparently you didn't read the first part of the quote: "If it is an issue, it can no longer be there.?

We get it bosrs. You don't like it. Don't take quotes out of context though.

And they talked to several others who weren't quoted.

Did they? Were you there taping the interviews? If it's a huge problem, they would have had a whole bunch of quotes from other players. That's how journalism works.

Archived