I present to you the tackiest baseball stadium

BadSeed84

Their uniforms are still infinitely more tacky than their Stadium. That being said, the Stadium isn't that bad.

That's pretty much how I look at it to.

The only thing I really don't like is that awful thing they have out in left-center. The other thing I'm not a fan of is the all blue seats. The rest of the stadium has alot of color to it and I think they missed out by just making the seats all blue. I see that with alot of teams though. I don't want to see colors for the sake of colors (ala Riverfront/Veterans Stadium) but I think you can do it in a very tasteful way (Fenway Park comes to mind) and I don't think many teams have taken advantage of it.

Otherwise I think its a very nice stadium. Its not the best looking park in baseball, but it is distinctly Miami.

Marlins could have done blue, green and yellow seats (maybe pink?), but it might have looked like a ripoff of the Dodgers.

Maybe it would have but then again maybe it wouldn't. You don't have to make every deck a different color.

You can still have the majority of the seats be blue. Maybe make the outfield seats the ligher blue they have on the second row of the home run feature. Even just doing that I think would have been better then what they have now.

I wouldn't want to use too much yellow (if at all) because I think it would clash too much with the green. You might be able to do something with pink somwhere. But then again who knows. I would have looked into as many different color combinations as I could have come up with however simple or complex they may be but clearly they didn't do that. They just went with blue and left it at that.

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Don't worry, the blue collar uniforms of Cleveland got old quick to me too.

Don't you do it. Don't you do it!

I wonder how salmon/orange/yellow/green/blue/silver shotgun seating would've looked. Horrible, you might say, but remember that the purpose of shotgun seating is to trick the eye into not noticing empty seats, which the Marlins will have in spades.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Horrible, you might say, but remember that the purpose of shotgun seating is to trick the eye into not noticing empty seats, which the Marlins will have in spades.

:rolleyes: We get it. Marlins games at Joe Robbie had low attendance. But honestly, a Yankees game would have low attendance at that stadium in mid July. Not to mention 80% of MLB might average 80% attendance (if that). There are a lot of unused seats at a lot of ballparks, not just Florida.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

You try to make 15,000 people in a 75,000 seat football stadium look like you have a great crowd.

At Sunlife, 15k seats was 1/6 capacity. In Cleveland, Camden, Citi and Yankee I believe 15k would be closer to 1/2 capacity.

If all those orange seats were blue at Sunliufe, no one would have noticed.

5cd0422806939bbe71c4668bc7e4fd92.gif

You try to make 15,000 people in a 75,000 seat football stadium look like you have a great crowd.

At Sunlife, 15k seats was 1/6 capacity. In Cleveland, Camden, Citi and Yankee I believe 15k would be closer to 1/2 capacity.

If all those orange seats were blue at Sunliufe, no one would have noticed.

That's absurd. Of course the orange made it worse, but anyone could notice 60k empty seats regardless of color.

Also, 15k would be closer to 1/3 than 1/2 in many parks. I think that only Pittsburgh built a new park with so few seats (Boston of course is also small, but for different reasons.)

I'm pulling for the Marlins to do well at the gate, because baseball as a whole is better when teams are succeeding and I want to enjoy watching Phillies games on TV when they're down there instead of feeling like I'm watching practice or something.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Yankee Stadium seats over 50,000. 15,000 is so not half-full (or half-empty, if you're a pessimist), tubby34.

I understand dialing down capacity, because it improves the intimacy of the buildings, mostly dispenses with the worst sightlines, and most importantly recalibrates the supply/demand curves so that the teams will make more money. That being said, some of these new parks are taking it too far. 37,000 is an awfully low number to cap your sellouts at for the next fifty years. If all the Marlins partisans are telling me that there's this huuuuuge baseball fanbase in Miami just waiting to come out to the games, and it's only going to get bigger as the metro grows and The All-New Miami Marlins establish themselves...then where exactly are you going to put them? The A's are only going to have about 32,000 at whichever version of Cisco Field they think they're building this year. I think the Rays' proposed park was only going to seat 31,000 or something really low. We don't need 53,000-seat concrete donuts ever again, but let's try to aim sorta high here.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

37,000 seems like a nice number for those teams to start at. It's better to have fewer seats to increase demand and make the park look more alive for most games than adding in more seats which will sit empty except for the handful of sellouts each year. Establish a winning tradition, fill the park on a regular basis and then a few years down the road they can find a way to add in more seats. Just look at Fenway park - they have crammed an extra 5,000 seats or so in there in the past decade, even with the supposed threat of "the structure was built on swampland and adding more seats will cause it to sink into the ground.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

I'd like to think that brand new parks are designed with some kind of expansion in mind. While it may not be seamless with the design, I can't believe that the conversation wasn't had where the team told the architects to design it in a way so that another balcony could be added on or more rows could be added to a few sections of the grandstands or make a place where some kind of "add-on" gimmicky thing could be constructed that could add some seating.

I'm fairly certain that when asked about adding more seating to Citizens Bank Park due to the multi-year sellout streak, the president stated that it could be expanded, but that they think they're at the "sweet spot" now and are choosing to just do more SRO as opposed to an expansion, which would mess up the whole supply / demand thing for when they're eventually not riding the high part of the wave. I'd suspect that other parks are also built with this in mind.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I agree, looks pretty great.

Call me crazy, but that looks like a really nice ballpark. The outfield walls look kind of odd being all green; maybe when they put ads up it'll look more normal.

On a side note, does anyone know if they have the banners/pennants up? I know an image was posted with "1997/2003 World Series Champs" underneath the new logo, but are they gonna use that in the real stadium, or was that image just to show the franchise won those 2 titles (i.e. it was just for marketing - you wouldn't use the old logo for that)?

Did you expect the developers to not have it in the game?

In fairness to sportstar, it was jut finished what, a few weeks ago? The game just came out about a week ago.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

Archived