Your teams worst all- time look?

UnclearInitial

That Kitchener Rangers logo does not make a good crest at all, yeesh. Yet I appreciate the spirit of it, and not just looking the same as the New York Rangers. That Memorial Cup logo they came up with, the one with the helmeted soldier, would be a good full-time primary. We should be beyond major-junior teams ganking NHL teams wholesale.

Maybe I'm just used to it, but I don't mind the New York Rangers look-alike uniforms. They have a reason for looking like that, it's not like they copied the Rangers' look for the hell of it. It's just sort of an "it is what it is" type of thing.

That being said I wouldn't mind it at all if they adopted the soldier logo full time.

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

d19d71b94225df9adf1da71974ed7944bae04f12.jpg

The weird oval-numbers are the first sports uniform design element I can remember actively disliking... and that was even before I had knew what the Vince Lombardi-era uniforms looked like. Pretty much every change from those to this was a downgrade (I didn't mind the sleeve-G's back then, but they would look terrible on a modern template), and I don't even like the fact that the striped collar is STILL around.

Not to mention the teams that wore this stripey mess... probably the absolute worst of the Packers' dark ages.

d19d71b94225df9adf1da71974ed7944bae04f12.jpg

The weird oval-numbers are the first sports uniform design element I can remember actively disliking...

For some reason I always like the oval-numbers on the pants. Even on the Cowboys and Syracuse. /unpopularopinion

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

For the Flyers, I'd say that their black Edge sweaters were their worst look ever, but the consensus would probably say this:

Peter_Forsberg.jpg

The jersey itself isn't that bad, it was a nice modern interpretation of the classic orange jerseys. It's a shame about the silver and the THREEE DEEE logo, otherwise I think this would have stuck around longer than it did.

----

Ask any Anaheim Ducks fan and they will likely tell you the Wild Wing is the absolute worst they've ever worn. I certainly agree, but the initial Edge version of their current uniform was also pretty bad. I didn't mind the wordmark before but its teeny tiny size here was an absolute piss take and is the perfect example of why this logo was a terrible idea, needless to say it killed it for me. Especially when you consider this much smaller version is STILL being used on replica and practise jerseys - and I believe authentics too - even though the team has already rectified this problem and made it bigger on the on-ice jerseys.

getzlaf.png

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

Twins:

Vikings:

I know this is unpopular, but I hate the white mask and the lack of yellow was boring

T-Wolves:

Wild:

The whole mess now...every time they've done anything, it's become the worst overall look.

Wisconsin Hoops:

lg_okey-1.jpg

Wisconsin hockey:

Yes, they wore this a few times.

Wisconsin football

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Louisville basketball: Hate, hate, hate the font on the uniform

a_gaines_i.jpg

Louisville Football: The yellow nearly ruins the look

2820843_display_image.jpg?1309726193

Tampa Bay (Devil) Rays: Green doesn't suit a team from Florida and a name like the (Devil) Rays.

ted_barrett_2007_06_17.jpg

Orlando%20Magic_zpsjn8kx3lf.png

I'm not a Celtics fan but I have to disagree with most of you. I may be alone but I think these were Boston's worst. It's a good idea but it didn't turn out well for me. The shades of green and gold just don't do it for me.

air-jordan-xi-11-ray-allen-player-exclusive-1.jpg

thundersignature.png

and

sport-scarf_bucs_zpsc424092b.png

I'm not a Celtics fan but I have to disagree with most of you. I may be alone but I think these were Boston's worst. It's a good idea but it didn't turn out well for me. The shades of green and gold just don't do it for me.

air-jordan-xi-11-ray-allen-player-exclusive-1.jpg

you're right, it is

Absolutely terrible.

nyY2JWE.jpg

OH, MY LORD!!! Whaaaaa?

When WAS this? And are those piggies trying to rig out that player's throat? It's like Arkansas took a look at those ridiculous Patriot and Cowboy jerseys from the 90's (the ones with the logos that could be seen from space) and said, hell, we can top that. (Or maybe, Yeehaw, we can top that.)

Can someone start a thread just to collect up all the Apex football designs from that era? Amazingly nasty stuff.

Archived