Your teams worst all- time look?

UnclearInitial

Tampa Bay (Devil) Rays: Green doesn't suit a team from Florida and a name like the (Devil) Rays.

And navy blue + columbia blue does?

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Tampa Bay (Devil) Rays: Green doesn't suit a team from Florida and a name like the (Devil) Rays.

And navy blue + columbia blue does?

Yes; The colors matches the name better than the old color scheme plus it doesn't look as ugly as the previous uniforms. I even take the gradient uniforms over those.

Orlando%20Magic_zpsjn8kx3lf.png

Absolutely terrible.

nyY2JWE.jpg

OH, MY LORD!!! Whaaaaa?

When WAS this? And are those piggies trying to rig out that player's throat? It's like Arkansas took a look at those ridiculous Patriot and Cowboy jerseys from the 90's (the ones with the logos that could be seen from space) and said, hell, we can top that. (Or maybe, Yeehaw, we can top that.)

Can someone start a thread just to collect up all the Apex football designs from that era? Amazingly nasty stuff.

Because it was from the same time period. 1992-95 was then Apex was really supplying teams. The Cowboys "Double Star" debuted in 1994 and remember that Jerry Jones is an Arkansas grad.

Worst AND most boring. Padres don't have the tradition to pull this off.

yawn_san_diegos_new_uniforms_as_snoozeworthy_as_last_effort_display_image.jpg?1320959556

While it may not be the same franchise, there has been a baseball team in San Diego named the Padres since 1936. In that regard, I think they do have the history and tradition to pull off a classic look.

niagaraq.png

Everytime I see these circa 1994-95 Iowa Hawkeye jerseys, it really brings tears to my eyes. And no not tears of joy!!

Tim-Dwight.jpg

202862.jpg

What was the University of Iowa thinking when they designed these uniforms back then? So happy they went back to the Pittsburgh Steeler like jerseys they have now.

Absolutely terrible.

nyY2JWE.jpg

OH, MY LORD!!! Whaaaaa?

When WAS this? And are those piggies trying to rig out that player's throat? It's like Arkansas took a look at those ridiculous Patriot and Cowboy jerseys from the 90's (the ones with the logos that could be seen from space) and said, hell, we can top that. (Or maybe, Yeehaw, we can top that.)

Can someone start a thread just to collect up all the Apex football designs from that era? Amazingly nasty stuff.

Because it was from the same time period. 1992-95 was then Apex was really supplying teams. The Cowboys "Double Star" debuted in 1994 and remember that Jerry Jones is an Arkansas grad.

Yep. Those jerseys were from the '94 season as well.

Apex did those jerseys for Arkansas, Minnesota and the Iowa ones posted right above.

Vikings:

I know this is unpopular, but I hate the white mask and the lack of yellow was boring

scott_studwell_1982_12_05.jpg

Both of those teams should have just handed Nike this picture and said "this is what we want our new uniforms to look like." I forgot just how much I liked that Vikings look. (Dolphins too.)

EDIT: How about those beautiful sleeves? By the look of the picture, it seems like they were still able to play NFL football despite having to wear those jerseys.

BB52Big.jpg

The present Jaguars uniform 2009-2012

The Teal is not the problem it's the way the lines stretch and overall jersey looks cheap.

Did you change your mind now?

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

p1_williams_cadillac.jpg

White on white with a pewter helmet. AWFUL

That........and the fact that it was Gruden's idea, and he forced us to look at it for the 1st 2 months of every season.....ugh.

tampa-bay-lightning-ciccarelli-lecavalier.jpg

I couldn't decide, so........both!

gal_uniforms_devilrays_2_display_image.jpg?1279072514

No words necessary.

usf-players_0.jpg

Any year that involved this helmet. The jerseys changed, but the puke-yellow/goldish helmets with black logo remained.

SigReflect.png

Vikings:

I know this is unpopular, but I hate the white mask and the lack of yellow was boring

scott_studwell_1982_12_05.jpg

Both of those teams should have just handed Nike this picture and said "this is what we want our new uniforms to look like." I forgot just how much I liked that Vikings look. (Dolphins too.)

EDIT: How about those beautiful sleeves? By the look of the picture, it seems like they were still able to play NFL football despite having to wear those jerseys.

Seriously... it's amazing that the players were able to run at all with all that heavy sleeve slowing them down. I also don't know how the announcers were able to call the game over the sound of all those loudly flapping sleeves. But worst of all, I assume the quarterback was never ever sacked because all the O linemen had to do was grab the sleeve of the rushing D line and they would be instantly stopped cold, unable to move. Luckily, today, we have the advanced technology that allows football players to wear skin-tight basketball jerseys, thereby insuring the game can be played the way it was meant.

(Odd isn't it, that in basketball, the players now wear shorts with giant flapping leg material? Wouldn't you think that super-extra ninja-tight material they make football jerseys out of would be an equal boon to basketball players, instead of those giant baggy elephant pants? Or could it be... just maybe... that super-tight, sleeveless football jerseys, like extra large basketball pants, are mostly about fashion? Naaahh, that's crazy!)

Kings:

7LV5AQg.png

zXEjDDO.png

Where do I even start with this mess of a uniform set?

Random piping that adds nothing but clutter to the uniform? Check.

Different hem stripes on the home and road sweaters? Check.

Ugly-ass pit stains on the home sweaters? Check.

Complete removal of purple - a color they should rightfully own in the NHL - from their regular set in a half-assed attempt to throw back to the Gretzky era? Check.

They won a Cup in these generic Edgeified clownsuits, so they aren't going away anytime soon, but that doesn't mean they look good. Personally, I wish the Kings would go back to purple and yellow. I'd even be willing to settle for the late-'90s/early-2000's look.

And yes, I know most Kings fans consider the Burger King sweaters to be the worst, but considering they were only thirds, were actually creative, and the crest wasn't as bad as it was made out to be, I don't think they're worse than the current uniforms.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

I dunno about the Kings current set. As far as that team is concerned the look has grown on me but more to the point where I'm feeling indifferent about their uniform. It could stand to use some more colour, but I don't think purple and gold is the way to go. Way way too garish. That and it'd be better for them to forge their own identity rather than pinching the Lakers colour scheme again - or the former LA Raiders, for that matter.

Having said that, Ducks VS Kings games, uniform wise, have to be the most uninteresting matchups in all the NHL. Black and white, with a bit of gold and a tiny bit of orange that's invisible from a distance on TV, versus black and white and a bit of silver that's sometimes there. The Ducks wearing their thirds sometimes helps, but the Kings really need more colour. I liked the whole Orange VS Purple thing Anaheim and LA had going on.

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

Since the Buffaslug, Seahawks, and Mariners have already been done we'll go with the Saskatechewan Roughriders.

There black alternate from 2002-06 and their 2010 100th anniversary red and black were awful I still have to go with the recent Reebok mess.

1297325109333_ORIGINAL.jpg?quality=80&size=650x

"Just when I thought you'd said the stupidest thing, you keep on talking" - Hank Hill

The problem with the Padres jerseys is that it's hard to see the blue neckline on the gray and white jerseys because the team wears shirts that clash with them. It's a shame that they wasted the grey road jersey they had in 2011.

Worst AND most boring. Padres don't have the tradition to pull this off.

yawn_san_diegos_new_uniforms_as_snoozeworthy_as_last_effort_display_image.jpg?1320959556

While it may not be the same franchise, there has been a baseball team in San Diego named the Padres since 1936. In that regard, I think they do have the history and tradition to pull off a classic look.

The difference is they've had countless uniforms of all different colors and styles over their history. No continuity. The Yankees, Red Sox, Tigers, Cardinals, etc. have had very similar uniforms for a majority of their storied histories. The Padres can't ever decide what their identity is and thus can't pull off a subdued historic look.

My beloved Oxford United has had some hideous looks. The 1993-94 away kit being a stellar example

19940205%20Luton%20Town%20v%20OUFC%20Jim%20Magilton300.jpg

But if using the roads is cheating, how about some bad home kits:

19871017%20OUFC%20v%20West%20Ham%20Tommy%20Caton300.jpg

1987-88. I hate the multiple yellows and especially the addition of white to the shirt. The fact this was the season they were relegated from the top flight doesn't help.

20100814%20oufc%20v%20bury%20jack%20midson%20340.jpg

2010-11, It's a nice kit, but Oxford United are supposed to have a primarily yellow shirt, and this is just too much blue.

Archived