Your teams worst all- time look?

UnclearInitial

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Those all-yellows are pretty bad, but worse than these? I dunno....

a-2003homejersey1.jpga-2003roadjersey2.jpg

I don't mind those. They manage to take the generic modern "side panels and weird pants stripes" aesthetic and do it without the inherent flaw of the pants and jersey panels never matching up.

All three of those are better than what ASU currently wears.

I would agree that the all yellow is better than what they're wearing (I actually kinda like it) but there's no way they are worse than what Lights Out posted. Good lord those numbers could be seen from space.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

Some people – and they're foolish, foolish people – will tell you that the tiger striped kit we wore in 1992-93 and the first half of the following season is not only the worst Hull City strip of all time, but one of the worst football kits ever to have disgraced a pitch.

pa53465.jpg

They are of course utterly wrong. In fact, it's become something of a cult favourite for us and I've proudly worn my own replica to many a match. You see, despite what you may have been told this wasn't our worst ever kit. That dubious honour goes to the one that replaced it.

Unusually, the tiger stripes were changed mid-season – after a dispute with the kit maker Matchwinner we did a deal with rival brand Peleda, and thus new shirts needed to be produced. The problem was that the new shirts had to be a close match to the existing designs as these had been registered with the League, but at the same time had to be different enough so that Matchwinner couldn't take legal action for infringement of their design.

Peleda's 'solution' was this awful dirty rust coloured, swirling leopard spot affair that not only managed to be completely un-tigeresque but also wasn't anywhere near a match to our traditional amber.

hullcityk.jpg

By the gods.

Just when we thought it couldn't get any worse, the version worn during the 1994-95 campaign managed to surpass its predecessor with the addition of a humongous patch over the original sponsors logo.

pa130981.jpg

Put simply, it was bloody horrid.

Not to toot my own horn, but I thought it turned out nicely in the concept I did a while back:

Padres_Alt2.png

Beautiful!

I dig it. I think the Padres belong in brown (sans the mustard yellow of 30 years ago).

"Of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." Dennis Miller

Archived