When will the Colorado Rockies honor the Denver Bears?

ldswoosh33

As much as I like throwbacks, #1 too many teams are doing them willy-nilly and not for special reasons. #2 Truthfully, I hate when a team turns back to a team that they had nothing to do with. You know, like all these NBA teams celebrating ABA teams. You will never see the Dodgers in an LA Angels or Hollywood Stars jersey to celebrate a league they weren't in and teams that had nothing to do with the Dodgers. If you're going to wear a throwback, it should be in your team's actual history. Hence why I hate the NHL's fake throwback jerseys in the Winter Classic.

navy and red, just what baseball needs more of . . .

It's not like the Rockies would wear it every day. A one-time throwback isn't going to hurt.

Add me to the pro-Bear throwback camp. I think it's a great looking uniform (I love the script and sleeve logo especially).

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

Yeah, I don't see any problem with a blue-and-red one-off.

Gorgeous sleeve patch, as well.

There was some talk about it, but IIRC they wanted to avoid a name that was already in use in the major leagues.

You mean like the Chiago Cubs?

I meant in top-level sports, as in that other Chicago team.

I do, because I'm sick of seeing that color combination in any capacity in baseball. It's bad enough that the Rockies already largely minimize purple in comparison to cliche black and silver on their regular uniforms.

However, I'd be willing to suspend my objection to navy/red temporarily under one condition - that the Rockies throw back to the Bears' infamous "strike-zone" uniforms.

23544_lg.jpeg

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

There was some talk about it, but IIRC they wanted to avoid a name that was already in use in the major leagues.

Oh that's team. That's make sense!!

Oh that's team. That's make sense!!

It would have better if the team had gone with the Denver Bears name. Colorado Rockies, then, could have been revived instead of going with the Avalanche. Remember the slogan, "Rocky Hockey"?

Here are a couple of examples of Major League Baseball and NFL teams having the same name:

San Francisco Giants(MLB) - New York Giants (NFL)

St. Louis Cardinals(MLB) - St. Louis Cardinals(NFL)[before the move to Phoenix]

And you've got the two "Jets" as well, but those names date back to a period before the modern concept of branding had been invented. None of those teams would have (or, in the case of the second "New York Giants," could have) adopted its name today.

The Carolina Panthers came after the Denver MLB expansion.

Three biggest disgraces in sports this year:

3. Braves collapse

2. Red Sox collapse

1. Most Canucks fans actions this post-season

And you've got the two "Jets" as well, but those names date back to a period before the modern concept of branding had been invented. None of those teams would have (or, in the case of the second "New York Giants," could have) adopted its name today.

The Carolina Panthers came after the Denver MLB expansion.

Yeah not sure what that means?

Romans 5:8

NikoLazar.com

Archived