It's Official, Cats name Staff

Brass

Yeah, it seems everywhere Iron Mike goes, he's "great friends" with or "a longtime admirer" of that team's star player or other members of the management team, however once he arrives it seems that everything disintegrates and he leaves on less than stellar terms. I think the only reason he went back to the Panthers is because of the Shakespearean irony that he's succeeding the man who got rid of him the first time around. That and he needed the job to feed his ego and lifestyle.

In the NHL, Cup rings speak volumes....and he got one with the friggin Rangers. That alone is a miracle of amazing proportions.

one cup with a loaded rangers team......he couldn't do it with a great flyers team.... the guy is an overrated, pompous, bridge-burning, egomaniac with a plopty hairdo.

WHY WON'T ANYONE HIRE TED NOLAN!!!

I'll give ya the last 4 of those. But, he also made the finals with the Hawks and the Flyers. The ability is there in my mind.

And, becasue in the comfortable little corporate inbred world of professional hockey, Ted Nolan has these crazy things called "ideas" that don't go over well.

I never thought he was a great coach with the Blues. I still don't think he's a great coach.

I never thought he was a great GM with the Blues. In fact, he traded away everyone it seemed...he sucked. Except, now I think he was a great GM for the Blues looking back, so he could probably be great as a stand alone GM.

Archived