My NBA Jersey Series

buckeye

Cleveland

Miami

I wanted my try at the Cavs' just for giggles, and I think it turned out pretty well. Any C&C is appreciated! I thank jaha32 for sending me the template from his great concept thread he has going!

ClevelandCavaliersBBALLConcept-RGB.jpg

ClevelandCavaliersALTERNATEBBALLConcept-RGB.jpg

I think this is a really nice punch up of what they wear now. Theirs are a shade on the boring side but simple and classy and a nice change of pace from the Lebron-eras (which I was never a big fan of). This, though, sticks with that classic look but adds a touch of flair without going overboard with it. I like keeping the blue. It's an unexpected color to throw in as a primary but it works surprisingly well, IMO. For a seldom used alternate anyways. And I especially love the black alt. I'm a fan of the wine/gold scheme but I also always loved the black/orange/blue. Even if it was very 90s I always felt it was an original combo.

Two notes. Using the same logo three times is kind of overkill and the two on the shorts look awkwardly laid on top of the stripes. I'd imagine they'd look cleaner if you ditched the shorts logos altogether, or maybe just put the flag alternate on the leg for all of them? Also, the font for the player name looks kind of blocky. It's not so bad with something like a short, 4-letter word but I'd imagine it would become problematic with longer names, especially with how far the stripes jut into the back.

Anyways, nice work overall. I like these.

I was trying to settle on the next team I wanted to try, and I for one think Miami's jerseys are a little dated and need some improving. I gave an attempt at it and I think these turned out pretty well too. The red alt. I think has a little firehouse or firetruck feel to it.

MiamiHeatBBALLConcept1.jpg

MiamiHeatBBALLConcept2ALTERNATE.jpg

Again, C&C appreciated!

I agree with Fox, I generally would prefer "Cleveland" on the roads and "Cavs/Cavaliers" on the homes.

I actually wish they'd do that across other sports, too, like College Football.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

I like that you are thinking outside the box and trying new things, but they seem a bit slap-dash and too finely detailed in some cases.

With that said, the renderings are very well made.

Could you elaborate a bit more and tell me maybe what you think I'm doing wrong or to much of?

I like that you are thinking outside the box and trying new things, but they seem a bit slap-dash and too finely detailed in some cases.

With that said, the renderings are very well made.

Could you elaborate a bit more and tell me maybe what you think I'm doing wrong or to much of?

I can't say you are doing anything "wrong" it's your work after all, and I'm just one guy with an opinion. But in particular, with the Heat set, on all of them, except the black sets, I feel like the collar/shoulder detailing is too fine, especially when viewing the set as a whole.

Similar with the Clippers set, around the collar and the armpits.

These kind of remind me of the first version of the new Wolves jerseys...

http://www.sportslogos.net/logo.php?id=yuug4fehqxo74fijfd7bnqne8

in that there are "floating" details, for lack of a better word. Like the collar "arrows" Most Wolves fans didn't care for it, or understand why it was done. The Wolves have since changed the collar to a more traditional, consistent look.

These kind of look like a combination of their current set and the previous ones with a bit of a twist. I don't dislike these but I'm not a massive fan either, tbh.

The biggest problem I have with them are the pinched in stripes on the jersey. They look strange on their own but especially so in combination with the straight straight line on the shorts. I suppose the obvious fix would just be running the jersey stripe up naturally along the side, though I get that you were trying to add in something different so that might be too boring. Also, while they weren't as noticeable on the Heat jerseys (which I loved, btw) the collection of mini-stripes here stick out more for some reason. I think it might be because on the Heat jerseys they give the appearance of flickers of flame, which fit with their brand. On LA's, though, it looks like it was done just for the sake of it. And, while I think it worked for a few teams in the 90s (Jazz, Suns), I've always really disliked how the Clippers slant the city/team name. Maybe it's just me but it looks weird for the Clips.

Cavs:

I don't think the navy works as well with the old wine and gold scheme. Outside of the logo there is no navy on the home/road jerseys, which (just liken the current sets they wear) really makes that third color seem out of place. So my biggest critiism would be the same that I have for the Cavs real set, that they haven't committed to dropping navy when they don't need it. I would love to see what you'd do with a yellow alternate instead. Also, I agree that 'Cleveland' should be on one of the jerseys too.

The late 90's style alt looks badass and I think the alternate logo on the shorts would work well with all the uniforms personally. Overall, great set that I'd call an upgrade over what they wear now.

Heat:

I think the little flames on the shorts are really cool but I'm not sold on the inconsistent side-paneling. For instance, the road black jersey could have yellow on the back just like the home white IMO. I'm also not a big fan of the all black jersey the Heat have, but it's good execution for the concept at hand.

Clippers:

Really like these, especially the fix on the Los Angeles script, which currently looks small and low.

Clippers look fantastic. I know that this is basically what their current set looks like, but I've always thought that they should wear blue on the road. I would try a blue jersey, either as the regular road or as an alternate. This is a series I will be following very closely.

594dd21ce423b_SmallHats.png.3601f33ba30ee66006c37617c7069ace.png

Archived