Arena Football 2012 Uniforms

Sodboy13

Well, this isn't a good start, aesthetically or otherwise.

Pittsburgh and Orlando played the AFL season opener last night, using two teams of hastily-assembled replacement players. This came about after the apparently-bipolar head of the players' union reportedly demanded a 362.5% raise in base pay for players, and offered a 2-1/2 hour negotiating window to owners to avoid a strike. Shockingly, the terms were not met.

Matching the terrible quality of play: the uniforms. For the first time in team history, the Predators decided to don an all-silver alternate uniform. Not gray, not graphite, not anthracite, but shiny, "dirty-white" silver jerseys and pants. Pittsburgh wore their standard road whites. The result:

TaurianSeasonOpener.jpg

Positive: Slash-through numbers are back! Negatives: Everything else.

Put two teams against each other dressed like that, with rosters assembled literally hours before gametime, and yeah, it's not going to go well. By the way, a couple of hours after the game, the union head declared the strike over.

Feel free to document any and all uniforms of the Arena Football League's 25th - and likely final - season here.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, this isn't a good start, aesthetically or otherwise.

Pittsburgh and Orlando played the AFL season opener last night, using two teams of hastily-assembled replacement players. This came about after the apparently-bipolar head of the players' union reportedly demanded a 362.5% raise in base pay for players, and offered a 2-1/2 hour negotiating window to owners to avoid a strike. Shockingly, the terms were not met.

In what universe does he think the league has that kind of money?

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Feel free to document any and all uniforms of the Arena Football League's 25th - and likely final - season here.

What makes this season likely the final? The strike lasted all of one game, this game will just be a little foot note in league history and nothing more. The league will be fine.

niagaraq.png

I do appreciate that less and less teams are using that digital clock number font.

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

Utah switched their numbers to silver/grey on the road jerseys.. To match the new lighter matte helmet, I guess

I saw that game between Orlando and Pitt last night and wanted to vomit. Is that even one of Orlando's colors?

Sure I read every team is getting a silver jersey this year. To co inside with he 25 year celebration.. But not sure tbh

This is from a preseason scrimmage between San Antonio and San Jose. Are the sunrise stripes making a comeback for the Sabercats?

628x471.jpg

Here's a look at the Talons' full uniform in action:

628x471.jpg

And Utah with the new silver numbers and matte gray helmets and orange side panels and black shoulder stripes and holy geez tone it down kids.

628x471.jpg

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Utah switched their numbers to silver/grey on the road jerseys.. To match the new lighter matte helmet, I guess

I saw that game between Orlando and Pitt last night and wanted to vomit. Is that even one of Orlando's colors?o

Sure I read every team is getting a silver jersey this year. To co inside with he 25 year celebration.. But not sure tbh

That may be, but teams should have took the time to coordinate that with the visitors.

Weirdly, one of those Sabercats jerseys has a Wilson sponsor tag on them, and they haven't been involved in Arena league since the early 2000s. Maybe they just applied numbers to a bunch of old jerseys?

Correct, in scrimmages teams just use old kit.. Predswere using pants from 08 etc in their scrimmage v Tampa last week..

You're right; that is weird. I could understand keeping around some old jerseys for preseason scrimmages, but the Sabercats haven't worn the sunrise stripes since 2004; the switch to Nike in '05 brought in the current "SJ" monochromes. Strange that they would keep jerseys from that long ago around, when they should have six seasons' worth of the current design.

628x471.jpg

Those Utah helmets are a thing of beauty!

Unfortunately, Thats the only thing those uniforms have going for them. The striping patterns seem kind of random and silver numbers on a white jersey are never a good idea.

Also, why are is the number font on the Talons jersey so big?

2043050vl19qK6.gif

Storm and Rush in new unis. Looks like the Rush have new unis too.

640_storm_wasil_20120312.jpg

Those Rush uniforms aren't new. They wore black as a third last year. I personally prefer the black over their blue, but I don't like the black jersey on black pants.

Silver helmets as well?

Archived