Racing Stripes on MLB Jerseys

rmackman

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Queens Baseball Convention which will include a discussion on the Mets' greatest uniforms will be held on January 18. Panelists will include Paul Lukas and Todd Radom among others. The Mets' 1983-1990 uniforms, which had racing stripes were just outstanding.

Why are you bringing back dead threads

Chillax, it hasn't even been a month yet.

Racing stripes, if done well could work well for a few teams. Something like what was used for the Dodgers would look great, though not for the Dodgers themselves.

It's only been dead for a month because of his post, and this isnt the first time he's done this, he's done it a lot.

The Queens Baseball Convention which will include a discussion on the Mets' greatest uniforms will be held on January 18. Panelists will include Paul Lukas and Todd Radom among others. The Mets' 1983-1990 uniforms, which had racing stripes were just outstanding.

Why are you bringing back dead threads

Chillax, it hasn't even been a month yet.

Racing stripes, if done well could work well for a few teams. Something like what was used for the Dodgers would look great, though not for the Dodgers themselves.

It's only been dead for a month because of his post, and this isnt the first time he's done this, he's done it a lot.

You're not the board police. You've been here barely a year.

If it's not even a thread that you've posted in, or even care about, there's no need to stalk the poster in every one of these "bumped" threads. If I think it's too old, I'll just send it to the graveyard.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

I don't see the problem in discussing racing stripes. Gotta love fake mods.

Anyway, I really do think that racing stripes could work and look good on several teams. I'm not sure why people automatically jump to conclusions and think that racing stripes would lead to the return of pullovers and are therefore inherently bad.

Collar trim was essentially dead once pullovers went away, but it's come back with several teams. Racing stripes aren't tacky or gaudy at all when done right. They don't even have to go down the side of the jersey, just the sleeves - though the sides could work too for a couple of teams.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I kinda thought they were going to make a come back after this

DO_7.12.jpg

but that was just a one time blip as a tribute to the Astros' racing stripes of the late 80's and early 90's. But it does show that racing stripes can work on a modern jersey (although this was ten years ago).

PvO6ZWJ.png

I would agree with that. The 80s Phillies was better because it was only a single-color racing stripe that matched the pinstripes, but as a rule it should be one or the other.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

• 2 weeks later...

Racing stripes on baseball jerseys is a great and timeless look as evidenced by this Puerto Rican All Star team in 1995. Roberto Alomar, Carmelo Martinez, Edgar Martinez, Rey Sanchez, Ruben Sierra, Carlos Baerga, Bernie Williams, Juan Gonzalez and Carlos Delgado. Great lineup with a great look.

BYaqJE6CEAAY0LV.jpg

that was almost 20 years ago, they aren't coming back

Maybe, maybe not. They should though. If Adidas can resurrect old Astros and White Sox looks, then racing stripes can and should make a comeback. Tom Seaver never wore a better Mets uniform. Classic.

BZEVoEhIUAAHeFY.jpg

I know I'm in the minority, but I still think that this is the Mets best look. Bring it back as a button front and own the racing stripes look.

espnNY_g_knight_d1_576.jpg

Pullover jerseys are better. The Mets wore button-front jerseys with racing stripes in 1991 and 1992 and they paled in comparison to the previous years versions.

I know I'm in the minority, but I still think that this is the Mets best look. Bring it back as a button front and own the racing stripes look.

espnNY_g_knight_d1_576.jpg

Pullover jerseys are better. The Mets wore button-front jerseys with racing stripes in 1991 and 1992 and they paled in comparison to the previous years versions.

I wouldn't say they're that bad:

Gibson%2BPaul%2B(3).jpgjeff-torborg.jpg91_DCone_01.jpgjk-nym.jpgmets.jpg

I still think this would be a great look to bring back, would be unique too.

Anubis.png

Archived