New NFL hats (Forty Seven/New Era)

Proc

They can't be made in the same factories - New Era caps have far more quality control issues that any other.

You know what I mean. The fabrics all come from a couple different mills, and they're sewn together at some of the same factories. Not all at the same one, obviously, but it's not like Nike has this factory and Reebok uses this factory while '47 manufactures at this one. Brings new meaning to the phrase 'you're just paying for a logo.' Contract work is contract work, and nobody really has extensive exclusivity when it comes to those things, unless we're talking about a patented technology.

I know what you mean, but given New Era's ongoing quality control issues (which span both US- and China-made caps), it's clear that these companies' jobs aren't all sourced to the same site.

I've never had any QC issues with 47. They outsource to a better factory.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They can't be made in the same factories - New Era caps have far more quality control issues that any other.

You know what I mean. The fabrics all come from a couple different mills, and they're sewn together at some of the same factories. Not all at the same one, obviously, but it's not like Nike has this factory and Reebok uses this factory while '47 manufactures at this one. Brings new meaning to the phrase 'you're just paying for a logo.' Contract work is contract work, and nobody really has extensive exclusivity when it comes to those things, unless we're talking about a patented technology.

I know what you mean, but given New Era's ongoing quality control issues (which span both US- and China-made caps), it's clear that these companies' jobs aren't all sourced to the same site.

I've never had any QC issues with 47. They outsource to a better factory.

I've run into some sizing issues with the 47's (sometimes they run too big, sometimes too small), but nothing near as bad as the New Era hats.

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

The biggest quality issue I've seen with the '47 Franchise is firmness of the bill, you can pickup one and it's firm enough that the curve stays while others have a flimsy bill whose curve never stays or becomes lopsided.

The biggest quality issue I've seen with the '47 Franchise is firmness of the bill, you can pickup one and it's firm enough that the curve stays while others have a flimsy bill whose curve never stays or becomes lopsided.

I have had that problem with one of my '47 hats. My Twins bill does not seem to be as firm as my Wild, Marlins or 2 Sioux hats. I want to say my Twins hat is older than the others, but I can't be certain.

The funny thing with the Twins hat is that it has that problem with the bill, and it seems to be a little deeper (taller? not sure how to explain..) than the other '47 hats I mentioned. It's not by much, but it has never seemed to fit like the others. That is the only quality issue I've ever had with '47, and it just seems like I picked the wrong hat the day I bought it :P

I'm just excited I'll finally be able to pick up a Vikings hat I know I'll actually be comfortable wearing (and not have a Reebok billboard on the side).

qvAvG.jpg

I used to love the '47/Twins Enterprises hats, but ever since I lost my first one (which was like perfectly matched to my head), I haven't been able to find one that fits my head quite right. It's not so much the sizing, as it is the "hat/bill interface." I can't really explain it, but the way the bills in my subsequent '47 (and the ones I've tried on) are attached, they look sorta mismatched with the size of the "body" of the cap.

As a result, I prefer low crown 5950s because I feel the constituent parts are more evenly matched to each other.

I went to the New Era Cap flagship store here in Toronto and they're having an event midnight on April 1st to unveil their NFL Line of hats.

I plan on being there, cause I'm a nerd like that.

ccslcbanner_zps5eda8538.jpg

I went to the New Era Cap flagship store here in Toronto and they're having an event midnight on April 1st to unveil their NFL Line of hats.

I wonder if other New Era stores will be doing that.

#DTWD #GoJaguars

You'll take pics and post them here, yes?

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

It's New Era. Template was used for the Pro Bowl. A big picture of it with the "NE" flag on the side is in the "Draft Hat" thread.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

It's New Era. Template was used for the Pro Bowl. A big picture of it with the "NE" flag on the side is in the "Draft Hat" thread.

Thanks, I didn't see that. I was kind of thinking that though. I would love to see/buy a Niners version.

>>>>

I looked around online, but I haven't found this new 2012 Bills hat by new era for sale anywhere.

Since Nike doesn't get the jersey deal until 1-April I'm assuming the same goes with new era with the hats?

mario_williams_newera_hat.jpg

>>>>

I looked around online, but I haven't found this new 2012 Bills hat by new era for sale anywhere.

Since Nike doesn't get the jersey deal until 1-April I'm assuming the same goes with new era with the hats?

mario_williams_newera_hat.jpg

I'm pretty sure they have a Sunday or Monday launch to go along with the other Nike stuff.

#DTWD #GoJaguars

New Era's deal, along with 47 Brand, Nike and all the others, starts April 1.

Until then, Reebok technically holds the license.

Yes but Nike doesn't unveil there product until Tuesday the 3rd so i assume they are somewhere between that Sunday and that Tuesday.

#DTWD #GoJaguars

Archived