New NFL hats (Forty Seven/New Era)

Proc

So what is the issue with 47's navy, and why instead of fixing it are they leaning toward alt colors?

I always thought the faded/worn look was their thing as I own only a couple throwback Cubs caps from them, but seeing all the other bright colors besides navy here... what gives?

They usually offer the same hat in different team colors. I believe they're just showing us random hats they have for each team.

As for the navy- I'm not sure what's going on with their navy hats.

qvAvG.jpg

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's just their navy. The other colors are somewhat faded as well in person, it's just that the navy is most noticeable being more gray than blue.

Yeah, I guess I can tell on the larger images you posted on the previous page and even a little bit on the AFC North caps. I like the 47 caps, but I'm generally not a fan of the worn-out look.

That Browns hat does not look good...

How do they make that one better though? If it was orange, I think it would resemble a hunter's hat. Sadly, with a boring or non-logo, there isn't much any company can do to make it better. That city really needs to do something with a real logo while still keeping their traditional helmet blank.

How do they make that one better though? If it was orange, I think it would resemble a hunter's hat. Sadly, with a boring or non-logo, there isn't much any company can do to make it better. That city really needs to do something with a real logo while still keeping their traditional helmet blank.

I'm fine with the color, but the logo doesn't work.

I think block BROWNS would look good.

They need to come up with an official mark, and keep the helmets blank. I agree. I'm personally rooting for this to become their new primary logo:

2tgfj27mexxtg6gt2mhwax6wr.gif

That'd also look really, really good on that hat.

spacer.png

I'm fine with the color, but the logo doesn't work.

I think block BROWNS would look good.

They need to come up with an official mark, and keep the helmets blank. I agree. I'm personally rooting for this to become their new primary logo:

2tgfj27mexxtg6gt2mhwax6wr.gif

That'd also look really, really good on that hat.

Love that logo, so it'd work fine for me.

Clevelandcavaliersfirstlogo.gif Cleveland Cavaliers Curent Logo.png Cavs New Logo 2017-18.jpg

Even their royal is gorgeous. It's just the navy, for some inexplicable reason.

what a shame for the Rams cap. Horrible color and I've never liked that logo. I think the ram horn alone is much stronger.

They don't have such a logo in their package.

But not to worry - the Rams cap will also be available in blue. '49 tends to produce caps in primary and secondary colors, and we've seen their Bears caps in both blue and orange.

what a shame for the Rams cap. Horrible color and I've never liked that logo. I think the ram horn alone is much stronger.

But not to worry - the Rams cap will also be available in blue. '49 tends to produce caps in primary and secondary colors, and we've seen their Bears caps in both blue and orange.

I'd love to see a black 49ers hat made by them, but I doubt it will happen.

Still getting that red one those, it's awesome.

As for the Rams, it would look better if it was blue. The logo is fine though.

I'd love to see a black 49ers hat made by them, but I doubt it will happen.

Still getting that red one those, it's awesome.

As for the Rams, it would look better if it was blue. The logo is fine though.

I'm almost certain there will be a black 49ers cap. Pretty much every manufacturer has made one over the years. 47 brand makes a lot of different styles & colors. They use alt logos in some hat lines, have a line of grey hats, camo, white front panels, etc. They don't just make one basic style. All these other styles probably won't be available on launch but gradually introduced down the road.

Sorry, didn't mean that they had such a logo. But that they should, based on their iconic helmet horn graphic. To me it's the best helmet treatment in the NFL and the horn is recognizable as the Rams across the US. I'm in the "less is more" camp and thus think the horn alone would be brilliant and striking. Including the ram face, in the current style, is just too cartoony and not needed.

The horn wouldn't really work though, it can't go on the front of the hat in the same style as the face logo currently is because it wouldn't read at all, nor could you put it on the sides because caps don't tend to go past people's ears in the way they kinda have to to get the horn on there.

That and the fact that this range of hats is simply team color with the primary logo on the front, nothing flash, fancy or experimental about any of them (which, it has to be said, is kind of a good thing in the world of NFL hats).

1 hour ago, BringBackTheVet said:

sorry sweetie, but I don't suck minor-league d

CCSLC Post of the day September 3rd 2012

I'm a huge "less is more" guy, but I don't think the Rams' horn treatment works except in the context of the helmet.

And '47 Brand customarily makes their caps in both primary and secondary colors (I have Brewers caps in both blue and gold).

We know that theyre making Bears caps in both navy and orange, and I don't see any reason to believe that they won't make a black 49er cap.

Archived