Islanders Fisherman Logo

Mr. Krabs

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was one that liked it, like the other guys, it was horrible only because they had that monstrosity of a jersey with it. If they had a less flashy jersey, AND made it a third jersey at first, I think it would've been more liked.

I can picture the fans at MSG saying that.

WE WANT FISH-STICKS *clap clap clapclapclap* :P

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

just to clarify my thoughts on this logo a little more... just because it holds a special place in my heart does NOT mean that i like it better than the traditional isles logo. the isles logo is perfect as it is... but the fisherman uniforms/logo are cool on a whole different level. i love them the same way i love the preds mustard jerseys... sometimes, when something is so unique and out-there, it deserves a little credit.

I love the logo, but the jerseys themselves are just barely tolerable.

He is one pissed-off fisherman, and is ready to unleash his anger on a hapless piece of frozen rubber.

I prefer it to the current one. At least make this logo the alternate, instead of that gawd-awful orange one.

Super Wario Comix!

Iron Crossover IX Contender (Tied for 6th)

Iron Crossover Halloween Contender (Tied for Bronze)

vanhalengo.png

The current Islanders logo is just soooooo bad... even throwing the tradition aspect in there, how could anyone want to keep that poorly executed and unreadible peice of crap around? :cursing:

For the love of god, they should redesign the lighthouse logo a little bit and go with that.

The current Islanders logo is just soooooo bad... even throwing the tradition aspect in there, how could anyone want to keep that poorly executed and unreadible peice of crap around? :cursing:

For the love of god, they should redesign the lighthouse logo a little bit and go with that.

have to disagree. The Islanders logo is one of the best ones in all of sports. The colors are solid, and the design is sound. The jersey completes the look. It truly is one of my favorite logos and uniforms in sports.

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

I hate their current look...think it's the blandest thing in all of pro sports. Love the Fisherman though, and don't kill me for this, but I'm quite fond of the jerseys it was attached to. It gave the Isles some sort of identity that I don't think that team really has right now. Their logo is a picture of Long Island...big whoop. I love Long Island and all (I live here), but damn...the logo is just boring. The Fisherman was badass. A picture of a fish shaped island with a geometric hockey stick attached to it is not.

sticksstones4.png

The world's foremost practitioners of professional tag-team wrestling.

So why doesn't somebody post a photo or link to this logo so the rest of us who aren't obsessed with hockey can get a better idea!

utah_jazz_signature_s.jpgdenver_nuggets.gif

Utah Jazz Retired Number's

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

Here Here, Shmee!

Admittedly, most of these "heritage" logos and shtick are not winning over new fans.

I remember seeing a poll released in the newspaper a while ago, asking kids to name their favourite team logos.

If my memory serves me right...

*gets shot by IronChefShark*

ow.

As I was saying, the Sharks were first. Then the Lightning. Then the Flames. Flyers were 10th or so. Habs were 16th. Leafs were 20th. And picking up the rear in 33rd was the Nordiques.

Proof that a few teams could use a freshening of their images.

Namely, the stodgy Original Six teams.

"We can't change Montreal's uniform to make it appeal to people! SACRE BLEU! That would disrespect the previous century of Canadiens hockey, and we can't do that!"

I say, "At least make a 3rd jersey! Something that could possibly be a new identity, perhaps?"

That's what the 3rd jerseys are SUPPOSED to be! Test-running a possible new identity for teams. Like Columbus, or Anaheim! Well-executed third jerseys that make the franchise look somewhat respectable, yet still very cool. I am willing to bet Canadian Tire money that Columbus will adopt their current third jersey and a white version as their home & road sets in the next 5 years.

Back on topic.

Rope Detroit in with Montreal, too.

Toronto at least changes their shoulder logos! Heck, Montreal and Detroit don't even HAVE shoulder logos!

New York has their third jersey, as does Boston. Both semi-popular, and I love both of them.

Chicago is also mired in history, but you'd think they would be quick to try and forget their mostly blecchy history. (sorry, but I can't find any other word to describe the Hawks)

And now I've pissed off the better part of the hockeyista, I'll be quiet, and contemplate how to prove my point.

Super Wario Comix!

Iron Crossover IX Contender (Tied for 6th)

Iron Crossover Halloween Contender (Tied for Bronze)

vanhalengo.png

Fear not, Suigi...if any of these angry hockey traditionalists comes after your soul, I'll be right there with you...cowering in terror as they rip your body to shreds. :cry:

Anyway, I have to agree with you. There are so many team from around the sports world that cling to lame logos/jerseys simply because they have history. I say embrace history all you want, but eventually these things become dated and look out of place when compared to more modern, exciting logos and uniform kits.

sticksstones4.png

have to disagree. The Islanders logo is one of the best ones in all of sports. The colors are solid, and the design is sound. The jersey completes the look. It truly is one of my favorite logos and uniforms in sports.

I agree 100% about the colors and jersey designs. They are nice as hell.

The logo, however, should be a case study of how not to design a logo. It's busy, hard to read at any small size, and disporportionate. The warped text is stupid, the "I" intersecting Long Island is dumb, the "Y"/hockey stick thing is not at all clever. It lacks creativity, it lacks character, it communicates nothing except that they play hockey. If you're not extremely familiar with geography (most people aren't), the ketchup stain in the background means nothing to you and the orange and white puck looks stupid (like a red, white, and blue basketball)...

I could literally write a 5 page dissertation (10 pages with diagrams) on why the Islanders logo is the worst in the big 4 NA pro sports leagues.

They're alright, Puckguy, but I'm not sold on adding silver to the scheme. Nor was I with the teal when they introced it.

I think they could come up with a really nice logo sticking with just blue, orange, and white.

Nice job puckcool22, the only thing is it looks like the fisherman has a really bad sunburn. But I really like the grey jacket for some reason, much better than the teal.

[Rant ON]

That's it Suigi! Let's change the Habs logo! OR, make a third jersey! Then, let's give everybody Thunderstix! BRING BACK THE T-SHIRT GUYS! Paint ads on the nets! Lets eliminate all class from the orginization! Screw Lafleur, Richard, Beliveau, and Morenz! Thier uniforms aren't good enough for us! We need new "brand identities!" We have to make sure we're not "uncool" to 10 year olds living in the US! Put a big ol' Mountie on it! OR, maybe a beaver with a hockey stick? I mean, it's not like it's a cultural identity, or that we fill the building nearly every game. Then, let's change the Blackhawks logo! Even though it's the symbol of a WWI brigade, and the image isn't harmful at all, we've got to be TOTALLY PC! Screw the Mikita era! Make a cooool looking Stealth Bomber, so they'll wear it on Much Music! Then, make the Red Wings have a giant, angry bird on their shoulder!

[Rant OFF]

Just kiddin' with ya man....but it's pretty much how I feel. I love sarcasm. :D

The Islanders logo is bland, unreadable, and stupid. BUT, they won 4 cups under it. I think that's decent compensation.

Woohoo! An argument! We'll call it a discussion instead and be civil about it.

Modernizing does not mean abandoning a team's cultural history and pride entirely. It just means taking the 1920's out of a league that is rapidly approaching the 2020's. I don't have a problem with most of the older looking jerseys in the NHL, my beloved Rangers included. However, I do think that in this day and age, where the helmets, the visors, the pads, gloves, sticks, boots, blades, the ice, and even the boards and camera angles have been modernized, maybe it wouldn't hurt so bad to give some teams a new look. Untouchable to you. The chalkboard for me. To each his own mi amigo, and my own is a little bit shinier than your own.

sticksstones4.png

I know what you guys mean, I mainly meant it in jest.

But, I mean.....seeing the Habs walk on the ice in the red......god, there's nothing like it I mean, it just exudes the dynasty and success of the years before. It represents so much. If there is any uniform in this corporate world that shouldn't be changed for "sales and coolness", it should be Montreal and the Yankees.

But, of course, to each his own. Just expect to have maybe the biggest backlash in professional sports history if they do.

Archived