MGD 64 Changes to Miller 64

rmackman

Here's the change, along with an article on it. Personally, I think they should have added 5 calories to call it Miller 69. People would buy it then :P :

MGD%2064.jpg

to

redirect_background.png

miller-64.jpg

MillerCoors is rebranding and relaunching its MGD 64 brand of ultra-light beer.

It has been dubbed Miller64, and that's not the only change. The marketers at MillerCoors have significantly changed the brand's visual look as well, including its logo and packaging.

The beer's formula will remain unaltered, so it will taste exactly the same.

MillerCoors spokesman Pete Marino said that consumers were already calling the beer Miller64 or 64, so it was a logical change to make, according to Rich Rovito at The Business Journal.

Right now, Miller64's big competitor is Anheuser-Busch's Bud Select 55, and the market segment is doing quite well. It's an important shift for Miller64. Until now, the two have been going at it with the same value proposition, with each claiming to be the lightest beer on the market.

Now, Miller64 wants to be seen as more of a lifestyle brand. "Miller64 is the perfect light-beer choice for today's consumers who are always on-the-go but strive to balance their responsibilities and social life," touted Miller64 marketing manager Rita Patel in a press release.

Both companies are also experimenting with new products in their race for the segment.

Anheuser-Busch has high hopes for Bud Light Platinum — a low calorie beer with more alcohol — which it launched with a big marketing campaign (which included Super Bowl spots). MillerCoors tried out MGD 64 Lemonade last year, but it failed within seven months.

Read more: http://articles.businessinsider.com/2012-03-13/strategy/31158497_1_millercoors-low-calorie-beer-marketing-manager#ixzz1p8uWPhUY

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

Love the branding, but the beer itself tastes like an NA brew.

That's pretty much what it is. At 3.6% (or something ridiculously low), it only good for the people who want to stay as sober as possible while still drinking something alcoholic. About the closest thing there is to grain-flavored water. All of this applies to Bud Select 55 as well; Miller64 just has a better-looking visual presentation now. Well done.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Love the branding, but the beer itself tastes like an NA brew.

That's pretty much what it is. At 3.6% (or something ridiculously low), it only good for the people who want to stay as sober as possible while still drinking something alcoholic. About the closest thing there is to grain-flavored water. All of this applies to Bud Select 55 as well; Miller64 just has a better-looking visual presentation now. Well done.

It's the official beer of mid-life crisis women and Aunts everywhere.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

The logo they are changing from is a bit different than the OP's.

gdl-1.jpg

This is the logo that has been used most recently, usually on a silver or gray background. Not that it makes much of a difference as the new logo is much cleaner and eye catching

rams3_zps8ezugnuj.jpg

I like the new logo, but I'm still not drinking it.

Now if only they could stop with those annoying commercials where they talk about how unmanly you are if your not drinking Miller Lite and how many awards they've won at the American Beer Festival. Just because you won an award at the American Beer Festival does not mean you have a good beer and I will cite the Gold Medal award winning Red Dog as proof of this.

There's your Miller Lite commercial.

Problem is that they (MillerCoors) will continue to have an issue with any beer using Miller in the name when ordering at a bar.

For those old enough, remember Miller Beer from 1995-1998?

I bought a few twelvers and thought it was pretty good...I always thought going to mgd in the 80's was a dumb move

Archived