MGD 64 Changes to Miller 64

rmackman

I remember when I was in high school, watching Letterman or Conan with my dad when Robin Williams would be on. He'd look over at me and say "this idiot running around the stage isn't the Robin Williams I remember. He used to be friggin' hilarious. You gotta see his standup."

The more I see of his standup, the more I think my dad was just looking back on Robin Williams thru rose-colored glasses.

People know and love MGD 64?

It has more to do with the a Miller name and brand familiarity. At the time Miller Red came out, Miller also brought out three other brands: Lite Ice (on the "Ice" beer craze which was started by Molson in North America), Icehouse, Southpaw Light (aka icehouse Lite) and Red Dog. Southpaw did better than Lite Ice more on the fact that a bartender knew instantly what the buyer wanted.

If you want a Miller High Life, you say "High Life". Miller Genuine Draft, you say "MGD or MGD Lite". Before my uncle passed, he owned a bar in outside of Newark and people wanted Miller (Red), bartenders did not ask specifically (or could hear them clearly) and got them a High Life or a MGD first even with the promotional ambush.

Looks great; I'm getting some vintage automobile/roadway signage vibes from this and I love it.

Same here. Great re-brand, but it's still Miller.

Same thoughts here.

(MLF) Chicago Cannons,  (IHA) Phoenix Firebirds - 2021 Xtreme Cup Champions

(WAFL) Phoenix Federals - WAFL World Bowl XII Champions (Defunct)

People know and love MGD 64?

It has more to do with the a Miller name and brand familiarity. At the time Miller Red came out, Miller also brought out three other brands: Lite Ice (on the "Ice" beer craze which was started by Molson in North America), Icehouse, Southpaw Light (aka icehouse Lite) and Red Dog. Southpaw did better than Lite Ice more on the fact that a bartender knew instantly what the buyer wanted.

If your drinking ice beer you may be an alcoholic.

At that point your just saying I could give two craps about taste, I just wanna get drunk.

It's gorgeous. Kind of sad to see such good branding on :censored: beer. Seems wasteful.

http://i.imgur.com/4ahMZxD.png

koizim said:
And...and ya know what we gotta do? We gotta go kick him in da penis. He'll be injured. Injured bad.

COYS and Go Sox

Archived