New Manhattanville Coll. Logo

buster04

looks like a minor league football team, kinda a Rochester meets Macon hybrid. Does have a strong resemblance to Rutgers as well. I think this would be better than that plain R on the helmets

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

And Rutgers, the only state university without the state's name in it - and for good reason, why tell your friends you went to college in New Jersey? - will likely be suing either Joe Bosack or Manhattanville College for copyright, trademark and/or mascot infringement.

"I better go take a long walk off a short pier or something."

Some people on this bolard have told me to do just that.

My "Ron Mexico" alias is "Jon Tobago".

And Rutgers, the only state university without the state's name in it - and for good reason, why tell your friends you went to college in New Jersey? - will likely be suing either Joe Bosack or Manhattanville College for copyright, trademark and/or mascot infringement.

Not likely, seeing as Bosack did both, IIRC. I could be wrong, but even then... the man knows what he's doing. He's no Waco Marshall.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

Actually, the identity packages for Rutgers University, Rutgers University - Camden and Rutgers University - Newark were all designed by SME Design (now known as SME Branding)... not Joe Bosack Design.

As for the similarity between the Rutgers Scarlet Knights' and Manhattanville Valiants' logos... beyond their being depictions of knights, i just don't see it.

In fact, within the narrow parameter of these both being logos featuring knights and the colors red, silver-grey and black, I think that they're each pretty distinct. The knight in the Rutgers logo is rendered in a very static pose, while the knight in the Manhattanville logo is rendered in the midst of the action of striding forward and preparing to strike with his sword. The knight in the Rutgers logo is being viewed from straight-on, while the knight in the Manhattanville logo is being viewed from an angle. The wordmark plays a much more prominent role in Rutgers' primary mark than in the Manhattanville logo, where the wordmark is much more subdued. And unless its just a by-product of the Manhattanville image being remote-linked to this page, the shade of Scarlet in Rutgers' logo is much more vivid than the deeper, darker Red in the Manhattanville logo.

Brian in Boston

Your honor, ladies and gentlemen of the jury, I rest my case.

"I better go take a long walk off a short pier or something."

Some people on this bolard have told me to do just that.

My "Ron Mexico" alias is "Jon Tobago".

And Rutgers, the only state university without the state's name in it - and for good reason, why tell your friends you went to college in New Jersey?

You and me are gonna tangle, my friend... :P

Don't fuxk with Jersey.....

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

Sorry, JQK, I have to get this out of my mind.

I'm reminded of a good Rocky Horror callback...

"Leave New Jersey alone! Everyone else does!"

^_^

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

And Rutgers, the only state university without the state's name in it - and for good reason, why tell your friends you went to college in New Jersey?

You and me are gonna tangle, my friend... :P

Don't fuxk with Jersey.....

You could always send Silvio or Paulie to do the job.

Retributive violence aside, Princeton is located in NJ and I can't imagine too many people who wouldn't want people to know that they went there.

Archived