Superleague USA

Whittier S

Cities I'm still clueless on and would appreciate suggestions:

Los Angeles (L.A.F.C)

Chicago (Public Enemies)

Houston (Explorers) if you want to go with the space theme or(Oilers)if you want to go with what made Houston a city.

Dallas (Tycoons)

Phoenix (Caballeros)

Washington (Georgetown FC)

Detroit (Motors)

Miami (El Orgullo)

Atlanta (Georgia Southerners)

Columbus (Aviators)

Seattle (Grunge FC)

Las Vegas (Diamonds) in reference to the cards.

New Orleans (Crescent City FC)

Cleveland (Rockers FC)

Sacramento (NoCal FC)

St. Louis (Pioneers)

Raleigh (Triangle FC)

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png
8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

29texan: I'm digging the Houston Explorers, and it looks like you give me a vote of confidence on Triangle FC, which I've been uncertain about. St Louis Pioneers is a nice idea but I already have Pioneers in Omaha.

rATMcmK.png

Maybe just Seattle Rock? I will NOT have the Space Needle playing a guitar the way the lacrosse team Toronto Rock has the CN Tower playing a guitar. :-D

rATMcmK.png

29texan: I'm digging the Houston Explorers, and it looks like you give me a vote of confidence on Triangle FC, which I've been uncertain about. St Louis Pioneers is a nice idea but I already have Pioneers in Omaha.

Oh, ok.

How about: St. Louis 1764, in honor of the city's founding.

Reason why I mentioned "Grunge" for Seattle is because of, well:

nirvana-greatest-hits-live-assorted-rarities-cd-album-art-60636.jpeg

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png
8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

And like that, I'm down to nine. Some of them I have at least a direction to go. Any assistance would be much appreciated.

Los Angeles: Gotta go with the movie industry. Los Angeles Moguls? Stars is too close to Galaxy, which, though I hate the team, is one of the cleverest names ever, since, well, LA is full of stars....

Chicago: Hm. Don't know why this has me stymied. I did just think of calling them the Chicago Metros, but that sounds really generic.

Phoenix: Still thinking of doing something with the ancient Pueblo people. I had an idea in a past iteration, the Phoenix Legacy, that used a cliff pueblo in the logo.

Washington: I'm thinking of maybe the Washington Dream, in honour of Martin Luther King's speech, and fitting for a city that's about 3/4 black.

Detroit: Automotive industry, of course, but there are so many directions to go with that.

Atlanta: Not sure what direction to go with. I say Atlanta Firebirds (reference to the phoenix which is a major symbol of the city) should only be a hockey team. I could maybe figure out something going off the fact that it's the centre of the Southern hip-hop scene, not as deeply rooted historically but I like the space it would give me to play in.

Columbus: Wow, just not a lot to go on. You really see the impact of a city being big primarily by absorbing a bunch of suburbs into the city limits. And I'm not going to recycle my Columbus Archers hockey concept.

Las Vegas: Do NOT want to go the obvious with gambling. I like Vaqueros but not for a soccer team. Would love to do something off the silver-mining history. I've already used Miners, and I worry I won't be able to do anything with Silverbacks without echoing the Atlanta Silverbacks too much. Las Vegas Lights, I really like the sound of, and I used that as for a baseball team a long time ago, but again, it doesn't seem very much like a soccer name.

Cleveland: I'm just really surprised at how little I have to go on with the city's history. I don't want to do anything with the river having caught fire, I don't think team names should commemorate bad things. Rock 'n Roll Hall of Fame? Aside from the erstwhile Cleveland Rockers WNBA team, the connexion between rock 'n roll music and the city is really not that strong historically.

Once the list is done, I'm going to let this thread sink a little while. It looks like it won't be til July before I am able to get a new computer to replace my poor ailing one. Then I'll be able to get back on Inkscape and start publishing logos on here. In the meantime, you can bet I'm going to be penciling a lot of these designs. I've already started sketching a few of these, and some of these identities are recycled from previous attempts.

rATMcmK.png

I've been trying to come up with an Atlanta name for a concept series I've been doing as well. I think my current choice is Atlanta Rising FC.

Las Vegas was also a candidate but didn't make it for me, I was toying with reviving LV Quicksilver, or maybe going with something else Mercury or Silver related.

I like your Washington Dream name, but it seems a bit WNBA to me. Same idea, new name: Washington March, or DC March. Pretty strong imagery with marches on the nation's capital. I actually wish I had come up with this before I did my new DC United concept. If you don't use it I may have to do some changes.

Well, the WNBA's Atlanta Dream takes its name for the same reason, except for it being where King was from. I think I'm pretty sold on Washington Dream because of the ideas I have for the identity. I always thought March would be a better name for Birmingham, but I've already gone a different direction there.

I think I'm going to go with Las Vegas Silverbacks after all, the sounds fit very well together.

rATMcmK.png

Los Angeles: Something to do with movie stars

Chicago: Something to do with wind

Phoenix: Something to do with the Ancestral Pueblo peoples

Detroit: Something to do with cars

Atlanta: Something NOT having to do with fire or resurrection/phoenixes

Columbus: Something NOT having to do with aviation or Christopher Columbus

Any ideas?

Thanks!

rATMcmK.png

Except one of my requirements is that the name of the city be part of the name of the team. So Detroit Something or Something Detroit. Folks keep coming back to using "Motor" somehow, so I'll give it some more thought, thanks.

rATMcmK.png

I'd already had it as CD Inter Miami but I just changed it to CD Internacional Miami (to be more proper) thanks to your prompt.

When I first started a project like this nearly 20 years ago, I had a Miami Manatees. A few of the identities are ones I've recycled from trying to do this in the past.

rATMcmK.png

I've named Columbus and Atlanta.

Leaving Los Angeles, Chicago, Phoenix, and Detroit. Going to give it some thought.

Los Angeles Moguls?

Chicago Zephyrs?

rATMcmK.png

Archived