Seattle Seahawks New Logo?

Nintendogmaster

I Like the inclusion of the silver as it ties back to the roots of the franchise and hopefully lead to the return of the silver pants. They have been far too blue heavy for years now. Also, I don't like the use of the navy, its just too dark. I wish they would use the modern logo with the original team colors.

If you look closely enough at the "state of the franchise" logo you'll notice the Blue has been lightened to a more standard navy, and not so much of a dark "Bears" blue...

• Replies 678
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I heard the winged trim was on the pants, not the shoulder pads.

Yes. Other Places Too.

Love the uniforms. Great job. Can't wait.

As we all know here, what looks good is subjective. What is your aesthetic taste: Classic, Modern, or Neo-Classic?

why cant you just like things that are good?

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

I Like the inclusion of the silver as it ties back to the roots of the franchise and hopefully lead to the return of the silver pants. They have been far too blue heavy for years now. Also, I don't like the use of the navy, its just too dark. I wish they would use the modern logo with the original team colors.

If you look closely enough at the "state of the franchise" logo you'll notice the Blue has been lightened to a more standard navy, and not so much of a dark "Bears" blue...

So...this, then:

SeattleSeahawks_PropHRS02a_2012_SCC_SRGB.png

So...this, then:

Seems correct, Cant wait to see the draft hats for them! (And looks like madden did leak ANOTHER new thing 2 years in a row!)

I heard the winged trim was on the pants, not the shoulder pads.

Yes. Other Places Too.

Love the uniforms. Great job. Can't wait.

As we all know here, what looks good is subjective. What is your aesthetic taste: Classic, Modern, or Neo-Classic?

If I must categorize them, I would say modern.

Just saw the new Seahawks logo on the NFL Network state of the franchise http://www.nfl.com/nflnetwork

Looks like it is the grey at the bottom replacing the lighter blue

427844_3118062265161_1072645375_2337234_159762768_n.jpg

Ugh, that's awful.

As much as I want them to use more silver (if they had just unveiled silver pants with the last design, I think more people would have voted for the silver helmet), you can't put silver next to white without them blending together.

So...this, then:

Closer. Gray is lighter. Blue isn't as dark. "Seahawk" is at different angle with some curve.

Another addition to the helmet you can't see from that angle.

Just saw the new Seahawks logo on the NFL Network state of the franchise http://www.nfl.com/nflnetwork

Ugh, that's awful.

As much as I want them to use more silver (if they had just unveiled silver pants with the last design, I think more people would have voted for the silver helmet), you can't put silver next to white without them blending together.

Stands out fine on the actual helmet.

I may be wrong about this but...might that Web 2.0 effect on that State of the Franchise image be misrepresenting the actual hue just a slight bit??

(For the record, I hope they dobrighten up that navy/dark blue/whatever-it-is a good bit.)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

So...this, then:

Closer. Gray is lighter. Blue isn't as dark. "Seahawk" is at different angle with some curve.

Ooohhhh - time for the totem pole styled center stripe?

It's where I sit.

So...this, then:

Ooohhhh - time for the totem pole styled center stripe?

More likely, numbers above back bumper?

I really hope it's not a stripe. The Seahawks have one of the few helmets with just a logo on it that looks better without stripes. Being that the logo is supposed to be wrapping around the helmet, it wouldn't make much sense to put a stripe right down the middle of it. There's also the possibility of putting some type of logo/design on the back center of the helmet which Nike has done a few times recently (Oregon and ASU come to mind).

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

I really hope it's not a stripe. The Seahawks have one of the few helmets with just a logo on it that looks better without stripes. Being that the logo is supposed to be wrapping around the helmet, it wouldn't make much sense to put a stripe right down the middle of it. There's also the possibility of putting some type of logo/design on the back center of the helmet which Nike has done a few times recently (Oregon and ASU come to mind).

I think he means a stripe that connects to the bird head on the right side of the helmet to the bird head on the left side, and not a traditional stripe down the center of the helmet.

I have gone on record as saying that I have always been in favor of the Seahawks connecting the bird heads as their intended connection has always been implied, but I always find myself in the minority whenever that discussion rages up.

PvO6ZWJ.png

I think he means a stripe that connects to the bird head on the right side of the helmet to the bird head on the left side, and not a traditional stripe down the center of the helmet.

I have gone on record as saying that I have always been in favor of the Seahawks connecting the bird heads as their intended connection has always been implied, but I always find myself in the minority whenever that discussion rages up.

You need new friends.

Each seahawk is contoured to imply a connection, there's just a helmet design flaw in the way. If they don't rectify that with this update then it's a huge misstep. The break in the back stands out like a sore thumb.

You need new friends.

Each seahawk is contoured to imply a connection, there's just a helmet design flaw in the way. If they don't rectify that with this update then it's a huge misstep. The break in the back stands out like a sore thumb.

It doesn't stand out as much as a two headed bird, however.

You need new friends.

It doesn't stand out as much as a two headed bird, however.

Two heads are better than one, so they say.

Ugh, that's awful.

That was my thought exactly when seeing this. The silver isn't strong enough to hold up with the navy (original royal and green were equal hues). And, if it's a metallic silver on the helmet, depending on the reflection, it may not even show up at all. Will have to see the full set to fully evaluate but from this screen shot, it's not an improvement and is a definite downgrade. But we'll see.

Those unis were so boring. Especially the roads. Some one mentioned white and silver blending in. Is true but somehow actually worse than all white. The current jerseys arent better with the monochromes but they aren't really worse either. Hopefully some sort or blend of the two will be the answer.

Oh. Y the way no one has really mentioned that there are two blues in that screen camp from nfl network. There is a lighter blue for the top half and a darker blue for the bottom. I'm sure it can't be correct in that form. The beak is split horizontally with two blues, must be a network mistake but which blue is correct?

Archived