Seattle Seahawks New Logo?

Nintendogmaster

thought this would be cool for some people to remember the last year before they went monochrome and all that jazz

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xbCBvvTsNYY

I typically find Varsity Block to be very stale, but I really liked the Seahawks' subtle variation of it.

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

• Replies 678
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh. Y the way no one has really mentioned that there are two blues in that screen camp from nfl network. There is a lighter blue for the top half and a darker blue for the bottom. I'm sure it can't be correct in that form. The beak is split horizontally with two blues, must be a network mistake but which blue is correct?

That's the web 2.0 glossy effect on all the NFL Network "buttons." I would assume that the bottom shade is the correct color.

Alluding to my previous post, Showtime, are the Seahawks' numbers Varsity Block or a new font? If a new font, is it a custom font?

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

That blue on the top of the logo makes sense it is darker than the seahawk blue and lighter than navy blue almost a dark royal color. I remember when the seahawks first switched to the current unis I bought a road Alexander jersey and the numbers were seahawk blue but the sleeves that were suppose to be seahawk blue were a dark royal color almost like the old seahawks blue color but a little darker. I argued with the nfl shop people about it and they finally took it back and I eventually got a new one with the right sleeves but they gave me some story about having a hard time reproducing the seahawk blue color in fabric. So they might have went back to this color that was more easily produced.

As someone who has been a Seattle Seahawks fan since the day the franchise entered the NFL, I can honestly say that I am singularly unimpressed.

While I loved the revamp of the logo in 2002, and didn't mind the introduction of Dark Navy and Seahawks Blue as the primary hues in the team's color palette accompanying the new mark, I did feel that the jettisoning of Silver was a critical mistake. If I'd been calling the shots, I would have gone with:

* The new logo - rendered, as it was, in the new colors - on Silver helmets with Dark Navy facemasks.

* Silver Pants for both home and road uniforms, featuring a Thin White - Wide Dark Navy - Thin White - Wide Seahawks Blue - Thin White stripe down the side of each leg (mimicking the dimensions of the striping in the team's primary logo), with the Dark Navy stripe being the more forward of the two colored stripes.

* Dark Navy home jerseys with White numbers outlined in Seahawks Blue, and a large wrap-around Seahawks logo on each sleeve. The home jersey collar would have been comprised of White - Dark Navy - White - Seahawks Blue - White striping, with the White slightly thinner than the other two colors and the Seahawks Blue positioned closer to the body of the jersey. Numbers would have been in a custom font playing off of the Seahawks wordmark font. The Seahawks wordmark would appear just below the collar in White.

* White road jerseys with Dark Navy numbers outlined in Seahawks Blue, and a large wrap-around Seahawks logo on each sleeve. The road jersey collar would have featured White - Dark Navy - White - Seahawks Blue - White - Dark Navy striping, with the White slightly thinner than the other two colors and the Seahawks Blue positioned closer to the body of the jersey. Numbers would have been in a custom font playing off of the Seahawks wordmark font. The Seahawks wordmark would appear just below the collar in Dark Navy.

* Socks for both home and road uniforms would either have been White topped by a Wide Dark Navy band, or White with a Wide Dark Navy - Thin White - Wide Seahawks Blue stripe around the mid-calf. (I'm undecided on which would look better.)

As for what is rumored to be a move to a Navy helmet and Gray replacing Seahawks Blue in the logo, I feel it does significant harm to the aesthetics of the Seahawks' identity package. Thumbs down.

Does anyone know what time this fashion show extravaganza on April 3rd is taking place? And will it be streamed online?

It's an invite-only media event and Nike doesn't typically stream things online. They usually post a news release accompanied by multiple images timed in concert w/ the media unveiling. I'm told they'll be distributing a lot of images, but it was unclear of last week whether they would include images of every team's uniforms. I've gotten mixed messages on that front. Still trying to figure that out.

Does anyone know what time this fashion show extravaganza on April 3rd is taking place? And will it be streamed online?

It's an invite-only media event and Nike doesn't typically stream things online. They usually post a news release accompanied by multiple images timed in concert w/ the media unveiling. I'm told they'll be distributing a lot of images, but it was unclear of last week whether they would include images of every team's uniforms. I've gotten mixed messages on that front. Still trying to figure that out.

Alright thank you!

So, I wonder when we will get actual images of the real thing? Nike generally first releases those ridiculous phoney looking photoshop images of superheroes wearing imaginary versions of the actual uniforms.

Basically twitter will be the place to be.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Is anyone else getting a big Houston Texans vibe from this proposed helmet? I mean, the large areas of navy, thick white outline, on a navy helmet with navy mask?

exactly why they should never have (or maybe they wont??) ditch that slate blue. no one else has that color. should have found a better way to produce it with a close Pantone swatch to match. easier said then done sure, but damn what a great color that is. still, im digging the navy. i dont think we'll confuse navy and neon green sea hawk with the red/white texas bull

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

So, I wonder when we will get actual images of the real thing? Nike generally first releases those ridiculous phoney looking photoshop images of superheroes wearing imaginary versions of the actual uniforms.

I've been told w/ some certainty that Nike will be showing off all the NFL uniforms at the event in New York, so I'd expect we'll see each team represented in real life, and not just in Photoshopped images. It's just unclear whether they'll all be part of the images released for distribution to the media.

As someone who has been a Seattle Seahawks fan since the day the franchise entered the NFL, I can honestly say that I am singularly unimpressed.

While I loved the revamp of the logo in 2002, and didn't mind the introduction of Dark Navy and Seahawks Blue as the primary hues in the team's color palette accompanying the new mark, I did feel that the jettisoning of Silver was a critical mistake. If I'd been calling the shots, I would have gone with:

* The new logo - rendered, as it was, in the new colors - on Silver helmets with Dark Navy facemasks.

* Silver Pants for both home and road uniforms, featuring a Thin White - Wide Dark Navy - Thin White - Wide Seahawks Blue - Thin White stripe down the side of each leg (mimicking the dimensions of the striping in the team's primary logo), with the Dark Navy stripe being the more forward of the two colored stripes.

* Dark Navy home jerseys with White numbers outlined in Seahawks Blue, and a large wrap-around Seahawks logo on each sleeve. The home jersey collar would have been comprised of White - Dark Navy - White - Seahawks Blue - White striping, with the White slightly thinner than the other two colors and the Seahawks Blue positioned closer to the body of the jersey. Numbers would have been in a custom font playing off of the Seahawks wordmark font. The Seahawks wordmark would appear just below the collar in White.

* White road jerseys with Dark Navy numbers outlined in Seahawks Blue, and a large wrap-around Seahawks logo on each sleeve. The road jersey collar would have featured White - Dark Navy - White - Seahawks Blue - White - Dark Navy striping, with the White slightly thinner than the other two colors and the Seahawks Blue positioned closer to the body of the jersey. Numbers would have been in a custom font playing off of the Seahawks wordmark font. The Seahawks wordmark would appear just below the collar in Dark Navy.

* Socks for both home and road uniforms would either have been White topped by a Wide Dark Navy band, or White with a Wide Dark Navy - Thin White - Wide Seahawks Blue stripe around the mid-calf. (I'm undecided on which would look better.)

As for what is rumored to be a move to a Navy helmet and Gray replacing Seahawks Blue in the logo, I feel it does significant harm to the aesthetics of the Seahawks' identity package. Thumbs down.

So I take it you're not a fan of the green?

Of course, with the schematic you just laid out, it'd be pretty hard if not outright out of place to try to fit it in there. And speaking of your schematic, while I do like the image I see in my head, a/ I long ago grew tired of the twohuesofblue trend and b/ I would've lamented the loss of green?and in some ways still do since it's barely there now, anyway.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Just saw the new Seahawks logo on the NFL Network state of the franchise http://www.nfl.com/nflnetwork

Looks like it is the grey at the bottom replacing the lighter blue

427844_3118062265161_1072645375_2337234_159762768_n.jpg

Ugh, that's awful.

As much as I want them to use more silver (if they had just unveiled silver pants with the last design, I think more people would have voted for the silver helmet), you can't put silver next to white without them blending together.

Unless it's a dark silver. That would be an interesting second color for the 'Hawks.

I really hope it's not a stripe. The Seahawks have one of the few helmets with just a logo on it that looks better without stripes. Being that the logo is supposed to be wrapping around the helmet, it wouldn't make much sense to put a stripe right down the middle of it. There's also the possibility of putting some type of logo/design on the back center of the helmet which Nike has done a few times recently (Oregon and ASU come to mind).

I think he means a stripe that connects to the bird head on the right side of the helmet to the bird head on the left side, and not a traditional stripe down the center of the helmet.

I have gone on record as saying that I have always been in favor of the Seahawks connecting the bird heads as their intended connection has always been implied, but I always find myself in the minority whenever that discussion rages up.

You need new friends.

Each seahawk is contoured to imply a connection, there's just a helmet design flaw in the way. If they don't rectify that with this update then it's a huge misstep. The break in the back stands out like a sore thumb.

It doesn't stand out as much as a two headed bird, however.

It's almost impossible to see both bird heads and the connection between them at one time, so the effect of a 'two-headed bird' is never realized, and the unsightly gap in the rear is eliminated.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

thought this would be cool for some people to remember the last year before they went monochrome and all that jazz

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xbCBvvTsNYY

I typically find Varsity Block to be very stale, but I really liked the Seahawks' subtle variation of it.

I miss those beautiful uniforms. Those were back when you could see the logo on the helmets clearly......

I always thought the gap between them was intentional and see no reason for it not to be.

Yeah, originally it obviously was. Back in the mid/late 70's when the logo was designed, almost all helmets (if not all) had the raised ridge like a stripe across the top of the helmet... and the birds necks (?) were placed right up against the ridge in the back. I remember being a little kid and thinking that the Seahawks' helmet logo (and color scheme, for that matter... blue and green? What!?) were the most out there, original, awesome football designs ever.

What I would like to see more than anything for them is an update modernization on that very first uniform. I'm not going to, I know, but that would be great. My 10 year old self would be very happy.

Archived