Seattle Seahawks New Logo?

Nintendogmaster

Everyone hates monochrome and I do too, but Seattle had something unique going with the slate-blue monochrome. Took me years to come around on it, but it worked for them somehow.

I don't out-and-out hate monochrome; I just think it works much better in certain applications.

I guess I just hate it when it gets thrown together midseason and isn't designed that way. I've been saying for years that the Ravens belong in head-to-toe black.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

• Replies 678
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lots of speculation but here is, from what I can gather, all we know 100% for sure. Or at least what's been shown in public to date. Interesting that there is so much green in the shoes and gloves and then so little in the actual logo. Wonder what Nike is doing.

seahawksforsure.jpg

There are touches of green on the uniform.

Lots of speculation but here is, from what I can gather, all we know 100% for sure. Or at least what's been shown in public to date. Interesting that there is so much green in the shoes and gloves and then so little in the actual logo. Wonder what Nike is doing.

seahawksforsure.jpg

There are touches of green on the uniform.

By that "clue" I would assume it's similar to the current set's use of green. Minimal but still represented?

Slap a Navy Blue facemask on the helmets, the current Seahawks wordmark just below the collar on the jerseys (in White on the home, Navy Blue on the away), and render the numbers in a custom font based upon the wordmark, and I would wholeheartedly support either of these looks. Outstanding work!

SEAseahawks_mock2.png

SEAseahawks_mock1.png

The masks are navy blue. I guess I need to tone down the lighting effects next time. ^_^

And...for whatever reason, I never bothered to trace the Seahawks' wordmarks back when I assembled my collection of NFL logos. Considering I've been able to draft number sets from other proprietary script marks in the past, I don't doubt I'd be able to do it here--but if I do it, they're appearing as one color, though. Think it'd be best to keep it simple.

FAKE EDIT: Question for the fontologists...

998.gif

...after examining this script, might it be wise to assume this was based on Wide Latin or a similar typeface, or at least had some Wide latin mixed into whatever it is based on?

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Slap a Navy Blue facemask on the helmets, the current Seahawks wordmark just below the collar on the jerseys (in White on the home, Navy Blue on the away), and render the numbers in a custom font based upon the wordmark, and I would wholeheartedly support either of these looks. Outstanding work!

SEAseahawks_mock1.png

Love the green stripe version but doubt it will look this way since the new logo uses a grey, not green, stripe. Looks great though.

SEAseahawks_mock2.png

SEAseahawks_mock1.png

THat is beautiful

Since the logo is supposed to represent the head of a seahawk sticking out from a totem pole (and thus why it isn't really a two headed hawk, just a head sticking out of both sides of the pole), I assume the base of the pole will be at the back of the helmet, and will extend forward for some length. Not a normal helmet stripe at all.

It's where I sit.

Archived