Seattle Seahawks New Logo?

Nintendogmaster

• Replies 678
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Really bad...especially the helmets. That "stripe" looks like it was just slapped on for the sake of being ultra modern or something.

I think that stripe helps this helmet because Matte is so horrible that it needed something extra.

spacer.png

Not really understanding the gray alternate. It reminds me of the silver Patriots jersey, and how badly they were disliked for looking like a dingy white shirt. They maybe lasted two seasons before being shelved. Not sure why the NFL would allow, or any team, to use an "in-between" color like that again.

6uXNWAo.png

Not really understanding the gray alternate. It reminds me of the silver Patriots jersey, and how badly they were disliked for looking like a dingy white shirt. They maybe lasted two seasons before being shelved. Not sure why the NFL would allow, or any team, to use an "in-between" color like that again.

With Nike's fabrics, everything gets excessively darker when it rains or the players sweat. By the time the game ends the uniforms will probably look more like anthracite than anything.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

I agree. It doesn't stand out enough from the white. It took me a while to even realize in a few of those pictures that the pants were gray and not white.

-Logo connecting in the back of the helmet.

-Lime green outlining on the numbers. I'm a big fan of a bright color being used as the outline on a dark uniform like volt was used for Oregon.

-I think the number font fits in pretty well with the rest of the uniform.

Dislikes:

-Pants stripe looks out of place, like it was designed separate from the jerseys. It should be much smaller or gone altogether.

-Lime green being used as the stripe on the blue pants. I think it would have looked much better in silver.

-Wordmark on the left chest.

I'm not a big fan of these but I don't hate them either. I think seeing them on the field will go a long way towards deciding how good these really are.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

To be honest I expected something a lot worse, but these are still too hectic. Some great starts, some overblown nike garbage.

The best way it's been described is, "good for Nike, bad for the Seahawks."

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

That's far too shiny to be a matte finish.

This is the previous helmet and you can tell the difference between this shiny one and their new matte one:

Just because it's not metallic doesn't mean it's matte.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

1) I saw a concept in metallic, matte, and color change, I can't 100 % confirm...but I believe they went matte. All helmets were the navyish color.

2) the design element appears in two colors depending on the version of the uniform. The design itself does not appear in green but green is a background color in some instances.

3) modern clean look. I personally think big improvement over last year.

Looks like they did end up going matte. I wasn't sure.

This is the previous helmet and you can tell the difference between this shiny one and their new matte one:

This. Matte doesn't reflect light. I'm not sure if you design guys go by the same lingo as painters but if you do I'd venture a guess at that being more eggshell than anything.

This. Matte doesn't reflect light. I'm not sure if you design guys go by the same lingo as painters but if you do I'd venture a guess at that being more eggshell than anything.

I don't think it is the same lingo, but it is, you are 100% right.

Go to the official Seahawks page located here and read that it says the helmet is matte.

spacer.png

Anyone find it interesting that the nike shop page that has all the new jerseys/merch and even the main Nike NFL page are still using the old hawks logo? I would have guessed that would have that ironed out ahead of time. They also have the old Panthers logo on the main page but the new one on the team merch

http://store.nike.com/us/en_us/?l=shop,seattle_seahawks

SEAsig.png

2but.jpg

So the left edge of the logo curves up on the logo, but down on the helmets?

be197e81da1380daff9f18a730bc301c.jpg

That's odd.

Excellent observation. One would think that would've been caught in the vetting process.

Eh well...yet one more reason why this pet project of Nike's registers as FAIL.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Archived