Did the New Jersey Nets tease their Brooklyn logo?

TaylorMade

hellobrooklynsplash.jpg

HQ version of the shield.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The consensus is an overhaul but the current colors are great for Brooklyn...a tweak, perhaps including a tweaked shield, would be perfect. Dodgeresque blue and gray with red accents! Id love a cursive wordmark but it might be overkill. Id assume black/white is a placeholder but might tease a dark gothamesque identity.

The consensus is an overhaul but the current colors are great for Brooklyn...a tweak, perhaps including a tweaked shield, would be perfect. Dodgeresque blue and gray with red accents! Id love a cursive wordmark but it might be overkill. Id assume black/white is a placeholder but might tease a dark gothamesque identity.

FansEdge has some Brooklyn Nets gear, which I assume is placeholder merchandise but one of the shirts is red, black and white. I don't know if that means anything or not.

24-02235-J.jpg24-02236-J.jpg24-02237-J.jpg

FansEdge - Brooklyn Nets

Leaving New Jersey is the best thing to ever happen to the Nets. NJ isn't a pro-sports market.

Agree to Disagree. Two NFL Teams and an NHL franchise with three Cups.

Not bad.

The Nets are just an awful organization... Good riddance.

The 2 NFL teams playing in NJ are really New York teams just playing out of the City.

#DTWD #GoJaguars

Leaving New Jersey is the best thing to ever happen to the Nets. NJ isn't a pro-sports market.

Not bad.

The 2 NFL teams playing in NJ are really New York teams just playing out of the City.

And IN New Jersey.

Enough with the whole "OMG THEY SAY NEW YORK BUT THEY PLAY IN NEW JERSEY" garbage.

We get it, there's a river that separates the states. We get it, they used to play in New York. We get it, the teams only exist because of New York City. It's old and tired. But NJ is definitely a huge part of the fan bases, albeit not the main population base. Oh my god, you might have to cross a bridge or tunnel to get across!

Anyway, I wanted to note that within a couple hours of the game ending last night all the banners and retired numbers were already removed from the Prudential Center. How do they really feel?

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

Enough with the whole "OMG THEY SAY NEW YORK BUT THEY PLAY IN NEW JERSEY" garbage.

We get it, there's a river that separates the states. We get it, they used to play in New York. We get it, the teams only exist because of New York City. It's old and tired. But NJ is definitely a huge part of the fan bases, albeit not the main population base. Oh my god, you might have to cross a bridge or tunnel to get across!

Anyway, I wanted to note that within a couple hours of the game ending last night all the banners and retired numbers were already removed from the Prudential Center. How do they really feel?

It's like the Devils finally got that smelly, homeless guy off of our couch. Next up is getting rid of his annoying girlfriend from out of town (the Liberty).

BCBannersSig.png

The BRK LYN shirt with red is a direct homage to the old Run DMC shirts.

FansEdge has some Brooklyn Nets gear, which I assume is placeholder merchandise but one of the shirts is red, black and white. I don't know if that means anything or not.

24-02235-J.jpg

Not bad.

Wait, are people from NJ claiming that the Giants and Jets are NJ franchises? crunk_puke.gif

Great - this thread has been Jersey-jacked.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

How many of us are working up concepts based on this? I can't see the colors being Black & White, but who knows? I'm picturing something different than Navy/Red/Gray, but not too much. Maybe Black/Red/Gray or Royal/Red/Gray.

I'm guessing that the new logo is going to be a straightened out, recolored version of their current logo.

200px-New_Jersey_Nets.svg.png

Doubt it. The word 'Brooklyn' has to be in the logo. It'll probably be even more prominent than 'Nets'.

BTW another ad with the new identity

ArQsO0rCMAEeu3Z.jpg_large.jpg

$10 says this team has an alternate black jersey that's somehow blacker than their road uni.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Archived