Did the New Jersey Nets tease their Brooklyn logo?

TaylorMade

And it used to annoy me to no end that I couldn't get a Bulls cap with just the bull. Now it's not a problem.

I see people are coming around. I still am pleasantly surprised that it wasn't radical and instead was simple. Not to mention connected to their previous identity.

And I've always thought a black and white scheme for any team in any sport would be great. Of course, I think any one color with just white is a cool look (Colts, classic Celtics, classic Reds, etc.). Highly unlikely to be introduced in this day and age when seemingly every extra color gets you added merchandise opportunities, but I'm curious to see where the Nets go with this.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i love the old spurs unis. and the heat blackouts too. i wonder if the nets will go this route?

george-gervin.jpg

black on black

I like those spurs unis as well. I think the nets could look good in something like that. Off topic but why is there love for these but so much hate for the heat black on blacks. They are essentially the same idea. Is it the shiny fabric?

My dislike is just that black isn't "hot" at all. Burnt, maybe, but not hot.

rATMcmK.png

Indiana and Washington don't use names.Can't see it being an issue.
But they do! Here are the Primary logos.b3619brnphtx65s2th4p9eggf.gif3083.gifThe NBA makes it so that the team name must be in every logo. Incredibly stupid if you ask me.

The Bulls don't have it...in fact this logo reminds me of Anthony Davis

chicago-bulls2.gif

The Bulls' primary logo is the one that says 'CHICAGO BULLS' between the horns.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

They sure do - no way they're licensing it to another team.

Off topic but why is there love for these but so much hate for the heat black on blacks. They are essentially the same idea.

Because the Spurs' black-on-black uniform manages to use all the team colors. The Heat's doesn't.

Thats true. Thats the advantage those spurs unis have. Their colors were black and white. Heat could never use all team colors on a black on black uni. Then it wouldnt be black on black. As one offs though...kinda neat right? I dont think they were meant for more than that...and to capitalize on the fashion jersey fad.

they were meant ... to capitalize on the fashion jersey fad.

And that would be why I dislike them.

I don't appreciate whoring out the team for a couple extra bucks. Use your colors, or change your scheme.

Totally agree. There are plenty of teams that created new jerseys to make the money and still use their colors. One of their colors is yellow(or is it gold). Pimp out some yellow alts...i bet those would get people talking. More than the all blacks for sure.

Personally i like the blacks just because they look every bit like the bad guys that fans think they are in those but, i cant disagree with you at all.

This would have made a lot more sense, IMO:

miami-heat-white-hot-jerseys.jpg

It plays off the "White Hot" promotion the Heat have been running during the playoffs since 2006.

Pimp out some yellow alts...i bet those would get people talking. More than the all blacks for sure.

Champion used to make yellow Heat fashion jerseys back in the day, and they didn't look good at all.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

This would have made a lot more sense, IMO:

miami-heat-white-hot-jerseys.jpg

It plays off the "White Hot" promotion the Heat have been running during the playoffs since 2006.

Pimp out some yellow alts...i bet those would get people talking. More than the all blacks for sure.

Champion used to make yellow Heat fashion jerseys back in the day, and they didn't look good at all.

those custom whites=beautiful

Those fashion yellows=disaster

Those yellows would definately garner more attention than the blacks. It would all be negative but no press is bad press right?

Oh for...

I'm pretty sure Prokhorov could have gone over the top on Frank McCourt back when the bottom was falling out.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Late reaction to the logo/identity. I really am frustrated because I like this kind of branding - sparse yet recognizable, it should fit perfectly in with the new Brooklyn "image" and the whole Jay-Z thing. Unfortunately execution is severely lacking. Unlike many, I think the absence of any color is fine, though like many, I wouldn't protest had they included gold. I just think that they were trying to create the next Yankees monogram, and the main logo just falls far flat. The brand, the image, it's fine; not so with the logo.

I also enjoy andrewharrington's "insider" perspective - very insightful and it's fun to see the reasoning for everything

Uniforms will be interesting. I foresee the thinness/awkwardness of the wordmark ruining what could be a nice simple look.

34y7eo5.jpg

You know what they say, "Traditionalist's can go die in a hole if they don't like it."

Oh for...

I'm pretty sure Prokhorov could have gone over the top on Frank McCourt back when the bottom was falling out.

I think MLB might own the trademark, not the Dodgers.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

they were meant ... to capitalize on the fashion jersey fad.

And that would be why I dislike them.

I don't appreciate whoring out the team for a couple extra bucks. Use your colors, or change your scheme.

I imagine their new jerseys are going to have a different colored front number, off to the side, like the old Brooklyn dodgers jerseys. The connection could be there and the dodgers could argue in court it was "stolen" from them, but I don't think they can legally win anything.

I have a feeling it'll be a black jersey or white jersey, a gold number off to the side from the script

XXXX

23 <--- Gold

and the rear will be Black on gold.

5cd0422806939bbe71c4668bc7e4fd92.gif

That Brooklyn New York Logo looks awesome. I like it, it probably will be used more then the NETS one.

I think they will use a Brooklyn Bridge logo too- at the 5 second mark you see the bridges shape in black and white, it might be something they use.

I got a feeling they went with black and white like the brooklyn dodgers were mostly blue and white on their uniforms, or black and white harkens back to the 1950's too and old time movies.

I may also be drunk too.

5cd0422806939bbe71c4668bc7e4fd92.gif

That Brooklyn New York Logo looks awesome. I like it, it probably will be used more then the NETS one.

I think they will use a Brooklyn Bridge logo too- at the 5 second mark you see the bridges shape in black and white, it might be something they use.

I got a feeling they went with black and white like the brooklyn dodgers were mostly blue and white on their uniforms, or black and white harkens back to the 1950's too and old time movies.

I may also be drunk too.

I also think both their home and away sets will just have "BROOKLYN" on the jersey...in a sort of "us, too!" to the Knicks, who have had "NEW YORK" on both their jerseys for the longest time.

bYhYmxh.png

Archived