Did the New Jersey Nets tease their Brooklyn logo?

TaylorMade

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

BTW, I do think that the arched version of the "Brooklyn" word mark is a Win:

p12642236dt.jpg

A jersey with the arched "Brooklyn" in white with simple piping (a la the Celtics) would strike a nice look. Now, I wouldn't mind some stars on the trim (to hearken back to their NY Nets ABA roots), but they certainly haven't hinted at the use of any star elements so far.

Which reminds me: I see a slight resemblance between the Nets' new font and the narrow, sans serif font used on the New York Nets unis. The NY Nets' font was a slender sans serif athletic block, whereas the BK version is more streamlined, but they're both clean, seemingly "un-stylized" fonts of a sort rarely used in the NBA (BOS and PHI's wordmarks are the only ones that are similar in that regard, off the top of my end).

(EDIT: I'll add NYK to that list. I guess it's an Atlantic Division thing)

Isn't the sneakers hanging from the wires kind of a trademark of nearly every urban area? Or at least every east-coast urban area?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Not entirely relevant to the merch discussion, but made this in honor of the unveil:

tumblr_m3a9m83FAA1r2k0eto1_500.jpg

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Isn't the sneakers hanging from the wires kind of a trademark of nearly every urban area? Or at least every east-coast urban area?

Yes. I feel like I've seen that shirt for multiple teams, so I don't think it's a unique aspect of the BK Nets' rebrand.

Interesting that no NFL or MLB team has immitated the Raiders and White Sox color schemes like our Nets have so boldy done.

If one were to compare the Nets' new color scheme to the Raiders and the White Sox, then one would need to acknowledge the Spurs.

Spurs-Nets games will look like an intrasquad game.

Yeah, but what are you gonna do for an alt jersey in a few years? You can't just add black trim to it and call it a day, like the Cs did. ;)

Since they are gonna wear Brooklyn for home & away bring in a black & white uni with a Nets wordmark (don't see it selling much though). Or do the smart thing and add a 3rd colour..

#lowerprintingcosts

Yeah, but what are you gonna do for an alt jersey in a few years? You can't just add black trim to it and call it a day, like the Cs did. ;)

Sure you can. See the Miami Heat. If the Nets go with a classic black and white look, they could add a blackout uniform later. Pointless? Sure, but so are the Celtics' and Heat jerseys that added black. It'd even be sticking to team colors in the Nets' case.

rlqG2.jpg

Wow, the Primary has Brooklyn underneath the shield. Ugh.

I got a laugh out of the logos reading as "Nets B Brooklyn" and "Brooklyn B New York".

If you read it as "Nets b-ball, Brooklyn," it helps a little. Or "Brooklyn, New York b-ball" on the secondary (which works fine for me as is - it's just the B on the primary that keeps bugging me). It's my coping mechanism, but in reality they went so generic that the B could actually just stand for basketball. :)

rlqG2.jpg

That secondary logo is actually pretty cool, even if the "B" could use a nice dose of some sort of stylizing. Also, normally I'm not a fan of teams wearing the city name on the home uni, but FFS, it's Brooklyn. Gotta take advantage of that type of name recognition.

Still not the best set, but if the uniforms are good then maybe this might turn out to be okay.

Anyone else think they got the idea from playing the NBA 2k games "create-a-team" mode? 2k12 has a shield logo that you can put a letter in and it looks kinda similar to the Nets new logo minus the ball.

inb4 "not the same font"/"it doesn't look the same"

Archived