Did the New Jersey Nets tease their Brooklyn logo?

TaylorMade

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Meh... it's decent. Kind of reminds me of a soccer crest, actually. Hopefully it's one of those deals where the uniforms are more interesting/memorable than the logo, at least.

If they use your concept, they won't have a problem with the more interesting uniforms.

spacer.png

It's definitely underwhelming, but logos in the NBA are probably the least important to a team's identity out of the major sports. I really expected the logo to include the word Brooklyn in the logo rather than just the letter B. It will be really interesting to see what they do with the uniforms.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

i dont think the logo will be black and white. you guys are jumping to conclusions. and who knows, that might even be a simplified or alternate version of the real primary. lets hold out hope, people.

Yeah, that's not how things work around here. (Myself included).

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

i dont think the logo will be black and white. you guys are jumping to conclusions. and who knows, that might even be a simplified or alternate version of the real primary. lets hold out hope, people.

Um, in NJ or the CCSLC? Eh, you could easily say that about both I guess.

The major thing that bothers me is the basketball. The shield and the text are totally static, why give the basketball some kind of weird angle? It looks like it was ripped out of the Pacers logo.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Um, in NJ or the CCSLC? Eh, you could easily say that about both I guess.

Touchè. It should be noted that I've been living in San Diego for almost 4 months now and I'm still in a state of flux as to whether I will end up back in Jersey or elsewhere on the east coast.

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

Mikhail Prokhorov and Mr. Jay-to-the-Z had TWO FREAKING YEARS to re-brand and overhaul the Nets, and this is what they came up with?Same boring, old nickname, and this new black and white logo looks like it belongs to a rec league squad. It's :censored:ing garbage.

Another craptacular NBA logo. Does the NBA league office even go over these new logos before approving them?

6uXNWAo.png

I hope there is more to it. I really don't understand what these league owners are thinking. Minimalist does not have to mean bland. Traditional and classic don't have to mean boring.

Between this, the OKC logo, and the Wizards primary (love the Secondary though), I'm not liking the trend here.

Archived