Did the New Jersey Nets tease their Brooklyn logo?

TaylorMade

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Has anyone made a court concept with the new Nets logos?

And if not is someone interested in making one?

NetsCourtBetter.jpg

Something quick.

I'm new by the way! Nice to be here!

Pretty nice. I say make the center court logo a bit smaller and get rid of the shield logo at both ends. Other than that, it's pretty much what I'm hoping for, and expecting, the Nets court to look like.

594dd21ce423b_SmallHats.png.3601f33ba30ee66006c37617c7069ace.png

Not my concept, but better or worse than what they came out with?

301978_VR3QIZIy0_L5IJVdmeLivPoOy.png

Worse. Much worse.

The basketball looks more like a flying saucer or cowboy hat (the varying thickness of the lines looks goofy), and the text is far less readable than any block ought to be.

It has potential, but it's too busy. You could also adapt the black and white color scheme to a logo of this type.

Tf9TG.jpg

new nets logo just proves to me that the nba is now a thug/street ball league. terrible.

Tell us more about how you don't like black people.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Worse. Much worse.

The basketball looks more like a flying saucer or cowboy hat (the varying thickness of the lines looks goofy), and the text is far less readable than any block ought to be.

It has potential, but it's too busy. You could also adapt the black and white color scheme to a logo of this type.

The first thing I see when I look at this is a giant M. Count me in with the dislike crowd.

90758391980.gif

Worse. Much worse.

The first thing I see when I look at this is a giant M. Count me in with the dislike crowd.

There is such a terrible distortion with that ball. Horrible.

twitter_zps93c9c8f9.png @josh_j12 smbelt_zps438edf04.png

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

Worse. Much worse.

There is such a terrible distortion with that ball. Horrible.

Yeah, that is just BAD.

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

Calling attention to one of the drawbacks of not taking the opportunity to rename themselves, the Nets have announced their dance team will be called...the Brooklynettes.

Smart move... People can't use that as the Nets' derogatory nickname as effectively when the team already uses that name for its cheerleaders.

new nets logo just proves to me that the nba is now a thug/street ball league. terrible.

Seriously? First of all, define "thug/street ball league"... and then explain how the NETS of all teams have a logo that fits that bill. Hell, the logo they just dumped looked closer to what you'd see at an And1 Streetball tournament than the new Brooklyn logo.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Seriously? First of all, define "thug/street ball league"... and then explain how the NETS of all teams have a logo that fits that bill. Hell, the logo they just dumped looked closer to what you'd see at an And1 Streetball tournament than the new Brooklyn logo.

I think you get that idea because of all of the gear that the logo is associated with. Sure Brooklyn is in an urban area, but that does not make the NBA a, "thug/street ball league." Latrell Sprewell is gone from the NBA, and the NBA has not had many thugs recently besides Gilbert Arenas, Sebastian Telfair, and Allen Iverson. If the NBA was a, "thug/street ball league" than why does OKC or Utah have franchises?

anim_040d06ba-0611-bac4-cd7b-50fc54ad382 

I think you get that idea because of all of the gear that the logo is associated with. Sure Brooklyn is in an urban area, but that does not make the NBA a, "thug/street ball league." Latrell Sprewell is gone from the NBA, and the NBA has not had many thugs recently besides Gilbert Arenas, Sebastian Telfair, and Allen Iverson. If the NBA was a, "thug/street ball league" than why does OKC or Utah have franchises?

Gotta love the implication that there's some sort of objective definition of "thug." If there were, it'd be applied to guys like Bill Romanowski as often as it is to any NBA player whose had an unflattering instance in his personal life make headlines... ever. But since that's not the case, let's not act like it's anything but a mask for a certain word that starts with the letter n.

Gotta love the implication that there's some sort of objective definition of "thug." If there were, it'd be applied to guys like Bill Romanowski as often as it is to any NBA player whose had an unflattering instance in his personal life make headlines... ever. But since that's not the case, let's not act like it's anything but a mask for a certain word that starts with the letter n.

Romo was not a thug he was a punk, he was too cowardly in his actions to be a thug.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Football players tend to be thugs, punks, or what have you far more often than basketball players ever do. Probably because football requires that you be at least a mild sociopath whereas basketball requires that you be tall.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Football players tend to be thugs, punks, or what have you far more often than basketball players ever do. Probably because football requires that you be at least a mild sociopath whereas basketball requires that you be tall.

Try telling that to Spud Webb, Muggsy Bogues, Earl Boykins, or Nate Robinson. Hell even Allen Iverson was a "shortie", at only 6' 0".

:P

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Tell us more about how you don't like black people.

Other races cant be thugs? only black people? that seems close minded to me!

There def is thugs of other races lol.

Basketball gets an unfair rap because of the fact that it is seen as more associated with urban culture. I bet that Jay-Z wasn't the only person involved in the design of that logo, but it's decried as a "thug" design because of him despite the fact that he only owns 2% of the team.

I mean, I dislike the logo but that has nothing to do with the so-called "thug" culture of the NBA. Besides, as the admiral pointed out, football players are a lot more violent anyway since football's a full-contact sport unlike basketball.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Archived