Did the New Jersey Nets tease their Brooklyn logo?

TaylorMade

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This does go with what AH said... Looks like somebody slapped a bunch of different things together and called it a day.

Btw apparently this is the guy who designed it: http://www.timothypmorris.com/

He also did that bland looking "BKLYN" logo from a while back...

Even his "transitional" Nets logos are weak.

I guess it's just who you know.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

This does go with what AH said... Looks like somebody slapped a bunch of different things together and called it a day.

Ain't that the truth.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Masterful use of WordArt. The man is a block lettering Picaso.

Tbh, though, after the big letdown Jay-Z & Co. dropped on their fans by holding a press conference just to say the name will be....the Nets! Did anyone really expect these guys to have the creativity to come up with something that wasn't this bland? Something tells me there's going to be a riot on Monday if this piece of garbage is actually unveiled as the rebrand.

It looks like he used one perspective of the basketball on rotated or reflected it for each design. I would have said there was hope that it was minimalist and classy, but after seeing his work, it seems cheap and sloppy. This guy should stick to making fliers for raves and summer festivals.

Im disappointed that Brooklyn name and some iconic part of that borough isn't in the logo. On top of it Nets script is too plain for my liking and B on top of the basketball looks a little awkward too.

I get that they were going for the plain look with the logo but this looks closer to a 1st/2nd draft than a finished product.

When I first saw this, I thought the 'B' was some notation in the design process, like a clumsily placed 'B' option, with the 'A' option located just out of frame.

Twitter leak

ArVyvX0CIAAHUiy.jpg

Holy crap..IF that's the real logo, it stinks...

$10 says this team has an alternate black jersey that's somehow blacker than their road uni.

tumblr_lleyyk12NK1qchzcgo1_500.png

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

And we thought the Thunder logo was generic....

This logo isn't great but I'd say it's 10x better than the thunder logo. Which in some cases says "Oklahoma city" above "thunder" and then "okc" inside of a basketball with random colors around it and two stupid "bolts" going through it.

This one is at least simple. And it doesn't look like they tried to hard l force anything. Underwhelming? Yes. Better than okc? IMO definitely.

Wow. I don't know if it's necessarily worse than the Thunder's logo because it doesn't have arbitrarily drawn motion lines on either side of it, but this is just a colossal failure. The Thunder's logo blows, but they only had a few weeks to put a logo together. The Nets had two years to design something respectable and they came up with clipart trash. It is made even worse by them going with a black and white color scheme. Boring AND not original, since the Heat wear their stupid blackout alternates. On second thought, it's far worse than the Thunder logo considering the timeframe and the fact that the Thunder logo at least uses distinctive colors.

Let's hope that this is just a really, really bad alternate logo and not the actual primary. Either way, it's not surprising to see a blunder like this come from a franchise which marketing strategy has been to let Jay-Z parade around and act as if he actually owns a significant portion of the team. "Hai fans! U should watch us cuz Jay-Z owns like 2% of the team n he raps n stuff. Nobody famous own the Knicks!"

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Kinda disagree. Some of these aren't bad.

nets2.jpg

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

Twitter leak

ArVyvX0CIAAHUiy.jpg

Well that's underwhelming. It's definitely not as bad as the OKC logo, but it's definitely lower tier on the NBA logo rungs.

Hopefully the uniforms save it, but from what I've heard from people who've seen em, the unis will probably exacerbate the problems.

Archived