Did the New Jersey Nets tease their Brooklyn logo?

TaylorMade

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This appears to be a link of the floor design:

SeIPX.jpg

Any idea where that photo was taken? Because that's not the Barclay's center, and I'd question why the Nets floor would be set up someplace else, full Barclay's center logos and all.

I believe it was set up for a test run in the old arena. You'll have to see it up close to get the full experience. This photo looks promising. I'm excited for people to see a truly original-looking court, especially since the idea was hatched by me. :grin:

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

What's original about it? The tone of the stain?

I notice that it, like the Thunder court, dispenses with the side panels on the key. Not a fan of that. Either have those lines on every court or don't. Those little hashes outside the circle don't have any purpose, but those are there.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I think those hashes outside the circle are actually required per the rule book, though they serve no purpose.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I notice that it, like the Thunder court, dispenses with the side panels on the key. Not a fan of that. Either have those lines on every court or don't. Those little hashes outside the circle don't have any purpose, but those are there.

No. I thought about how to create something that would be instantly recognizable for Brooklyn. Color would have been good. That's the first thing I thought of, and I pitched it in design meetings, but in the back of my head I figured it would be a longshot for a team to do a dark stain. I pressed on thinking of ways to make Brooklyn's court unique, and it seems one of them stuck (though I can't tell for sure based on the quality of the photo). How well it works, visually, has yet to be seen.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

I think those hashes outside the circle are actually required per the rule book, though they serve no purpose.

Aren't there (rare) situations that can occur when a jump ball takes place at the free throw line? Seems like that might be a practical reason for the hashes, though I agree, it looks like unnecessary clutter.

Well, not the dotted-line circle in the key, just those two little hashes next to the circle. There is nothing in the rulebook that says why they're there, only that they have to be there. How odd.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Aren't there (rare) situations that can occur when a jump ball takes place at the free throw line? Seems like that might be a practical reason for the hashes, though I agree, it looks like unnecessary clutter.

yeah that's why it's there. jump balls either happen at mid court of at the FT line of either side of the court

yeah that's why it's there. jump balls either happen at mid court of at the FT line of either side of the court

We're NOT talking about the jump ball circle. There is a little hash mark on each side of the broken half of the circle. Those server absolutely no purpose.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

We're NOT talking about the jump ball circle. There is a little hash mark on each side of the broken half of the circle. Those server absolutely no purpose.

I have never seen those marks on any other basketball court in my entire life. Unless I've just never noticed them on an NBA court, because they for sure aren't on any other level.

whoops

I have never seen those marks on any other basketball court in my entire life. Unless I've just never noticed them on an NBA court, because they for sure aren't on any other level.

They're there. There's just no reason to notice them since they never come in to play. Since they're below the free throw line, they're probably strictly an NBA thing since every other level is usually just solid in the lane.

10_pregame4.jpg

Wait....WHAT is going on with that curtain????

That looks horrible.

That's used to cut off sections or even the entire upper bowl for smaller shows to make the arena have a more intimate feel.

...and it looks HORRIBLE

Actually I think they have it lowered a little. During a Nets game I would have to think that it would be raised up more.

Wait....WHAT is going on with that curtain????

That looks horrible.

That's used to cut off sections or even the entire upper bowl for smaller shows to make the arena have a more intimate feel.

...and it looks HORRIBLE

Actually I think they have it lowered a little. During a Nets game I would have to think that it would be raised up more.

For sure. They're doing it for the hockey game. I have absolutely no doubt that it will be raised (probably all the way) for Nets games.

No. I thought about how to create something that would be instantly recognizable for Brooklyn. Color would have been good. That's the first thing I thought of, and I pitched it in design meetings, but in the back of my head I figured it would be a longshot for a team to do a dark stain. I pressed on thinking of ways to make Brooklyn's court unique, and it seems one of them stuck (though I can't tell for sure based on the quality of the photo). How well it works, visually, has yet to be seen.

I thought a unique wood grain had been mentioned - is that it? Not exactly a stain; and stains have been done to death (and I hated them from the start.) This looks like a great, clean, traditional court for a great, clean, traditional identity. Only problem is the Nets identity has always been garish, not clean or traditional - but, hey, it's a new start.

Archived