NFL Logos Revamped

raysox

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Forgive me for putting it this way but what the hell is going on with the Saints? Some of the work is outstanding but this is awful.

saints_full.jpg

... it's a preist (or monk) opening a bible with a halo around his head.

I've sent this to 5 New Orleneans who disagree with you saying it's awful...

I think some of you are taking this a bit too seriously. These are just stylized versions of NFL logos. It's like how you would see certain designs on t-shirts. They're not meant to be THE logo, just a fashion thing.

We all have our opinions. On the one hand, I applaud the guy's creativity, even with the Saints logo. But a creepy dude wearing a ginormous cross standing between two antlers over a big white mustache and gangsta Olde English type? No, thanks.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

Wow, really neat illustrations. The Cowboys, Redskins, and Packers ones especially are stellar.

Come to think of it, the Packers one would make an excellent fans logo or something, similar to Cleveland's "Dawg Pound". It's perfect for that.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

the point of these isnt to replace the current logos in real world. the comments of "these would never work" are moot. it dosent matter. its one artist interpretation of the logos in his style. i think its a great project. i love the Seahawks

What if the guy who made them posted them in the Concepts section?

Replace the black with white on the Chiefs and I can dig it.

Other than that, the Ravens one is great. The rest, I'm not into -- save for the Bills, which has potential. The swooshes and slashes lack unification. Personal preference. I like solidity and bold outlines and shadows.

Most of these are beautiful, and like someone said before, would be great for a t-shirt line.

However, as official logos of teams, no. Just no. The Ravens and Broncos would work, but that's it.

That's what I'm sayin'.

Some posters here are thinking that these guys are suggesting a change in logos by using theirs. It's just like the stlye jerseys you see. They're not meant to be THE look, just a different version of it.

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png
8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

-way too many little wispy details going on in some all of them

While I don't think they're all absolutely awful, I agree with infrared: I don't see the appeal. All the designs are OK, but stylistically, they're all quite similar. As logos, none of them would really work. They're too complex. As pieces of art they might be OK, but I personally wouldn't give them a second look if they were on display in a museum, etc. "Oh that's nice. What's next?"

I'm on board here too. I didn't like most of them, and the wordmarks are all bad. Not a shred of individuality to any wordmark. Looks like WordArt in Microsoft Word '97 or something.

http://i.imgur.com/4ahMZxD.png

koizim said:
And...and ya know what we gotta do? We gotta go kick him in da penis. He'll be injured. Injured bad.

COYS and Go Sox

the point of these isnt to replace the current logos in real world. the comments of "these would never work" are moot. it dosent matter. its one artist interpretation of the logos in his style. i think its a great project. i love the Seahawks

DIS IS AWESOME! CITY NAME SPORTS TEAM SHULD DEF USE DEM!!!1

>>>>>

Good artwork and creativity, but there's not a single one I saw that would make for a better helmet logo than any club currently has (or doesn't have, Cleveland) haha ...

Ya gotta be able to make out a logo from a distance, so it has to be simple. If you have to zoom-in deep to make out the logo it just doesn't work.

Still ... was fun looking at them all.

DIS IS AWESOME! CITY NAME SPORTS TEAM SHULD DEF USE DEM!!!1

"I like them."

"Needs stripes."

http://i.imgur.com/4ahMZxD.png

koizim said:
And...and ya know what we gotta do? We gotta go kick him in da penis. He'll be injured. Injured bad.

COYS and Go Sox

The "hands" in the Saints logo are just awful. I'd cut that out along with the "glory lines" radiating from the head.

I really enjoy the Jets.

These would need some thicker lines to make it effective logos, but for a t-shirt, they'd be awesome. He better be selling these.

The "hands" in the Saints logo are just awful. I'd cut that out along with the "glory lines" radiating from the head.

I really enjoy the Jets.

These would need some thicker lines to make it effective logos, but for a t-shirt, they'd be awesome. He better be selling these.

I'd love it if he did, but the NFL and/or Nike will bitch-slap this guy with a massive :censored:ing lawsuit the moment he does.

spacer.png

I think his creations of the Titans, Broncos, Ravens, and Buccaneers are better than anything any of those franchises have ever created themselves. Those 4 teams should really inquire into these (especially the Titans).

titans_full.jpg

broncos_full.jpg

ravens_full.jpg

bucs_full.jpg

i dont follow. what?

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

i dont follow. what?

No one actually posts in the concepts section thinking what they've come up with will replace what the team actually uses in the real word. All the concepts section is, really, a collection of people's interpretation of a team's ideal look. Yet comments, criticism, ie feedback, is all encouraged there. Heck, the guy who tried to post concepts while also denying members the means to provide feedback was ridiculed for it.

So why should we hold back from offering our opinions, comments, and criticisms here? What's the difference between this and, say, DeFrank's NFL concepts thread?

After all, you called the man who came up with these logos an "artist." Well doesn't being an artist mean accepting the fact that others will give their opinions on your work? Saying "don't say anything bad, you just don't get it" is doing a disservice to the artistic process.

the best out of the set is the browns logo. it works for the team and if i can get permission, i am using this baby for a concept.browns_full.jpg

I agree. I love that one.

They're all good, but some (Houston, Oakland, Atlanta and the entire NFC East) would be a downgrade from the current logos.

The Packer version is pretty funny.

FsQiF2W.png

i dont follow. what?

No one actually posts in the concepts section thinking what they've come up with will replace what the team actually uses in the real word. All the concepts section is, really, a collection of people's interpretation of a team's ideal look. Yet comments, criticism, ie feedback, is all encouraged there. Heck, the guy who tried to post concepts while also denying members the means to provide feedback was ridiculed for it.

So why should we hold back from offering our opinions, comments, and criticisms here? What's the difference between this and, say, DeFrank's NFL concepts thread?

After all, you called the man who came up with these logos an "artist." Well doesn't being an artist mean accepting the fact that others will give their opinions on your work? Saying "don't say anything bad, you just don't get it" is doing a disservice to the artistic process.

i didnt mean for people to not have an opinion about it, but to think about why this was done then critique based on that. i dont think he ever intended these to actually go on a helmet, but to draw all the logos in his style. so to say "that would never work for that team" is way out of context. to say "he's a terrible/amazing artist and id hate/love to have this on a t shirt" would be more accurate. if they were in the concept forum that dosent automatically make it any different. but i think most people, myself included, show concepts that do have the intent to replace whatever is currently being used. (i think Mbannon and DeFranks uniform designs could actually be used in the NFL) the majority of concepts is what that designer would do if in control of all the designs.

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

Archived