NFL Logos Revamped

raysox

• 4 months later...
  • Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A few of those are nice, but way too many of them have some kind of football symbol (usually a ball) forced in.

That's exactly what I was thinking. He's trying to hard to get a football image in too many of those logos.

gYH2mW9.png

As a general rule of thumb, I don't like using the first letter of the nickname as the basis of the logo (like the S for Steelers, or C for Colts). I think if you're going to do a letter for the logo, it should be based around the city.

Completely agree.

Sigs are for sissies.

I absolutely love that Chiefs logo.

Seconded! It's the best modernized logo in the set.

disagree... I think it's cleverly designed, but just because it's Clever doesn't mean it's good. Negative space is a tricky thing to work with ... If you want to have a hidden element in the logo like they did with the letter C, that's fine.. But the logo has to also work without the C. And this doesnt. Because if you don't notice the C then it's just the letter K which makes no sense.

For comparison, look at the hidden capital building in the Washington capitals eagle logo... The fact that it works without it AND that there is that hidden element is what makes it so good.

Clever does not = good always

goforbroke_zpsb07ade0a.jpg

Most of these are WAY too busy.

But you also see a number of different emotions brought out in different ones.

The Packers one made me laugh. The Redskins one scared me. The Saints one made me go "Huh?" until I saw it blown up. The Vikings one looked too light colored.

My favorite is the one for the Bears. Not too busy, not too different from the previous C and Bear logo that Mike Ditka brought out. I hate the Bears, but I like the logo.

Archived