Suns vs Heat tonight

goforbroke

Looks great? The Suns' orange jerseys are some of the worst in basketball. Throw them into a :censored:ty color vs. color match-up, and then to make things even worse, make them wear the stupid, pandering Latin night jerseys. That match-up is atrocious.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Looks great? The Suns' orange jerseys are some of the worst in basketball. Throw them into a :censored:ty color vs. color match-up, and then to make things even worse, make them wear the stupid, pandering Latin night jerseys. That match-up is atrocious.

You are right that the design of the orange jersey is bad.. I guess I just meant that color vs color looked great. But i do think orange is a great color for a bball uniform but I wish it was much better executed than the suns do and bobcats used to.

goforbroke_zpsb07ade0a.jpg

Some color vs. color games look great in the NBA. Black and orange look great together. I also think that those Miami jerseys are some of the coolest jerseys that I've even seen. I think the Heat should take their current alternates, the reds with Miami on the chest, and make them the primary road uniforms. Then they should take the black on black look and make it a permanent alternate jersey. The current black road uni is nice, but doesn't even come close to the blackout jersey.

EDIT: My bad, I was thinking of the wrong black heat jerseys.

594dd21ce423b_SmallHats.png.3601f33ba30ee66006c37617c7069ace.png

Of all pro sports, I think the NBA is the one in which color-on-color should be discouraged. It's too much color for such a small playing area. It makes for a distracting and annoying game to watch. All the color distracts from the gameplay. I didn't see this Suns-Heat game, so maybe it looked cool in action. But I've seen some color-on-color matchups which looked atrocious, even when there were contrasting colors. One that comes to mind is MLK day last year when the Grizz and Bulls played blue vs. red. Maybe they learned their lesson, because this year on MLK day, in the same matchup, the Grizz wore white.

At least one team needs to wear white just to make the game less of a headache to watch. I'll make an exception for the Lakers, because they've been doing it so long and we are all used to it. And examples like this Suns-Heat game, where the two teams are wearing "special" jerseys, then that's fine, too. But that's it.

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

I'm not a big fan of the multi-color jersey games.

Home wears white. Period. I'm ok for grandfathering the Lakers in even though if it was up to me they would be wearing white at home as well, but that's about it. I would make it a 500K team fine any time a team decided not to wear white at home if I was commissioner.

As for the latin nights, it doesn't really bother me much. Its only 15 games they do it for out of the 990 that they have scheduled, so not even 2% of the total games. And if they feel this will attract the latino market, again I don't have an issue with it.

I'll take this 100X over the NFL's month long pink washing which needs to go.

I knew right away when I saw it was color vs. color it was the stupid :censored:ing heritage nights. Yes, because showing heritage is implying the people don't speak english. Interesting there is only one groups heritage night. I forget no other group did anything for this country. :censored: the NBA.

2ly2w09.jpg

In the spirit of not continuing the "how stupid is this Latin Nights thing" argument, let's try and keep it to the color on color aspect. I concur, not bad! When you have a huge contrast in color, it works wonders. Very rarely does it work out well, however, because there is just something beautiful about home whites...

I knew right away when I saw it was color vs. color it was the stupid :censored:ing heritage nights. Yes, because showing heritage is implying the people don't speak english. Interesting there is only one groups heritage night. I forget no other group did anything for this country. :censored: the NBA.

The only thing more annoying than "El" and "Los" on NBA jerseys is the boilerplate, knee-jerk rhetoric spewed by xenophobes every single time those jerseys get trotted out.

The only thing more annoying than "El" and "Los" on NBA jerseys is the boilerplate, knee-jerk rhetoric spewed by xenophobes every single time those jerseys get trotted out.

The only thing more annoying than "El" and "Los" on NBA jerseys is the boilerplate, knee-jerk rhetoric spewed by people who claim that someone else's opposition to it is based in xenophobia rather than just the stupidity of the jerseys themselves and the pandering to one specific subset of people based on ethnicity. And it is pretty insulting to simply add "El" or "Los" to Latinize a team name.

You know, say what you will about America. Thirteen bucks still gets you a hell of a load of mice.

El bad idea to continue this promotion

el panering-o a ethnic-io en spanglish is mi favorito type-o del-marke-ting-o

The only thing more annoying than "El" and "Los" on NBA jerseys is the boilerplate, knee-jerk rhetoric spewed by people who claim that someone else's opposition to it is based in xenophobia rather than just the stupidity of the jerseys themselves and the pandering to one specific subset of people based on ethnicity. And it is pretty insulting to simply add "El" or "Los" to Latinize a team name.

seriously...it's as if the nba asked Kenny Powers to translate the jersey names for the league.

Archived