Thinking about SELLING a China Counterfeit?

oldschoolvikings

So, I have a bit of a possible dilemma, looking for a little feedback/advice from the CCSLC crowd.

Here?s the story: about 2 years ago, a family member bought me as a present an ?authentic? Adrian Peterson purple Vikings jersey. (?Got a great deal!!?? well, I hope so.) I spotted 5 flaws before I pulled it out of the box? no gold stroke around the wordmark, wrong number font, terrible collar, thinner material, and worst of all, a blue-ish purple color. Also, no white stroke around the back logo, and 3 completely different golds, ranging from almost orange on the collar, to a sickly butter yellow on the side trim. I said awesome, thank you so much, blah blah blah, and hung it in the back of my closet. I didn?t worry about it much, I do collect jerseys, of course, but I?m too old to wear them around town anyway, and if I go to see the Vikings in person, I?m wearing throwback.

Anyway, fast forward to this week, my wife and I are doing some Ebaying to clean out the place before someone calls ?Hoarders? on us, and while digging through my jerseys to see what I can part with, I come across this thing, which I hadn?t thought about in a year. So now, I?m considering putting it on Ebay, BUT? I don?t want to do to someone what was done to my very nice family member. Questions; would you sell it? If so, how would you word the description? How would you make it clear to the people (like us) who care about these things that it isn?t ?real?, while still making it appeal to the people who wouldn?t even notice the details? Or would you just scrap the whole idea?

I thought about listing it with the words ?Chinese Knock-Off? in the heading, but then I thought I could get myself in trouble. Advice?

I would just donate it to Goodwill. Let them sell it for $20 in their store and be happy that something is going to a charity. Ebay is flooded with fakes anywhere, so it isn't like anyone would buy yours for more than $20 or so, especially if you say that it's counterfeit in the listing. Also, if you actually say that in the posting, you are likely going to get the posting removed and your account suspended. Although probably 99% of ebay jersey listings are for fakes, they do occasionally remove postings and suspend users because selling counterfeits is against their rules.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

The only reason I might be against donating it is because it wouldn't really be a very good thing to donate. A shirt would be way more comfortable and would last way longer. The jersey is of crap quality and is certainly not as good as a shirt would be (but yet again, beggars can't be choosers - literally).

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

There's a reason they ask for gently used clothing - so it's not crap quality. Never before used China counterfeit = crap quality = uncomfortable and won't last long.

Why would having to wear a shirt under it defeat the purpose of donating?

Because you're already wearing the shirt, so it's an "extra" thing that you don't need to wear. Plus, it's of crap quality and would probably be really uncomfortable on your bare chest.

If he donates it to Goodwill, someone will buy it who probably has plenty of money to wear a t-shirt underneath...

16215.jpg

2503.jpg

5113.gif

787x.jpg

WVU '14

So people who shop at thrift stores aren't allowed to wear "extra things" ? I'm just not understanding what you're saying.

If he donates it to a thrift store, and someone buys it and wears it over another shirt, what's wrong with that?

Not even close.

Let's focus on the actual topic and just forget my comment; this is really pointless debate.

If he donates it to Goodwill, someone will buy it who probably has plenty of money to wear a t-shirt underneath...

My apologies, I misunderstood your comment earlier. He mentioned how he doesn't want what happened to him to happen to someone else. That peron could very well buy that as a gift for someone, which he doesn't want.

Why would having to wear a shirt under it defeat the purpose of donating?

Because you're already wearing the shirt, so it's an "extra" thing that you don't need to wear. Plus, it's of crap quality and would probably be really uncomfortable on your bare chest.

Or buy it to resell it anyway like I do sometimes (with legit jersesy).

5cd0422806939bbe71c4668bc7e4fd92.gif

There's a reason they ask for gently used clothing - so it's not crap quality. Never before used China counterfeit = crap quality = uncomfortable and won't last long.

You really think that "gently used" has to do with quality? Crap quality is good enough for kohls to sell but not goodwill?

Gently used means not a rag that has already fallen apart and been torn to shreds. Surely the future prognosis is irrelevant. Not to mention a crap quality jersey is probably ok quality for random shirt purposes.

I would not sell 1) so nobody else gets the same treatment your relative got you and 2) it just seems a little too much of a facilitation of the racket (but examination of the other thread would show me as a rigid anti-counterfit dork)

I'd probably throw it out or else give to a charitable organization that will give (as opposed to sell) it to someone less fortunate.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

If someone bought me a knockoff, I'd take pictures of it, post them on here while making fun of whoever bought it for me, then give it to (charitable organization).

the worst helmets design to me is the Jacksonville jaguars hamlets from 1995 to 2012 because you can't see the logo vary wall

I would not sell 1) so nobody else gets the same treatment your relative got you and 2) it just seems a little too much of a facilitation of the racket (but examination of the other thread would show me as a rigid anti-counterfit dork)

I'd probably throw it out or else give to a charitable organization that will give (as opposed to sell) it to someone less fortunate.

This. If anyone interprets that I think differently based on my other posts, then you're wrong.

You really think that "gently used" has to do with quality? Crap quality is good enough for kohls to sell but not goodwill?

Gently used means not a rag that has already fallen apart and been torn to shreds. Surely the future prognosis is irrelevant. Not to mention a crap quality jersey is probably ok quality for random shirt purposes.

You just contradicted yourself.

Goodwill and Salvation Army are simply second-hand stores where their profits are used for charity. Someone can look at that jersey, determine whether or not it's worth their $5-$20, and then purchase it. It's not like you're sticking someone with that fake jersey as their only clothing. Really, somewhere like Goodwill or Salvation Army are the only fitting places for a counterfeit like that.

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

I would not sell 1) so nobody else gets the same treatment your relative got you and 2) it just seems a little too much of a facilitation of the racket (but examination of the other thre that will give (as opposed to sell) it to someone less fortunate.

This. If anyone interprets that I think differently based on my other posts, then you're wrong.

You just contradicted yourself.

How so? It seems like you don't know the difference between flimsy and broken.

Saying that quality has nothing to do with it then mentioning how they want gently used stuff (i.e. not "rags") two sentences later = contradiction.

#let'sgetbackontopichere

Do what you want, but I think that if you donate it, there's a good chance someone will re-gift it, which as you mentioned, you don't want. At first I was under the impression of donating it for free to hobos and I didn't even consider thrift stores, which is why my comments seemed to make no sense.

Archived