capn89's NHL (03/27/2015 - Flames Stuffffff)

capn89

An outline such as this? I'm not really sure how I feel about it. It does a job to identifying the logo's borders but not sure if it really helps the blue stand out any more. By the way the shade of blue I am using is much lighter (closer to their original shade) than any other incarnation for the simple fact that when I used their other blues the color was almost completely lost. I'll post the white jersey to show what I am going for with these, but first the aforementioned white border.

16836973225_c95584cf4c_o.png

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The white version. The issue I have is, the left black jersey is congruent with the style of the white, while the right black jersey just jumps out more. However, I tried making a white version to match the second black jersey and I absolutely hated it because I felt like there was just way too much blue. I'm completely satisfied with how this white uniform turned out.

16649427648_e617f01ac0_o.png

Go with the one on the right, like you said it jumps out more. The only thing with this design i'm not sure of is the blue oval in the logo, it gets lost in the black, thats the most difficult challenge with this logo.

By the way i absolutely love your white Kings jerseys, just beautiful.

I agree with daniel75 about the blue oval getting lost. Maybe add a white outline, or better yet, adopt their original shade of Hawaiian blue. Besides that minor flaw, this looks really good. A solid combination of their simplified logos with their Stanley Cup Winning look. Some silver and one of the aforementioned fixes would result in a 5 star concept.

I definitely appreciate the feedback. Thank you. :)

An outline such as this? I'm not really sure how I feel about it. It does a job to identifying the logo's borders but not sure if it really helps the blue stand out any more. By the way the shade of blue I am using is much lighter (closer to their original shade) than any other incarnation for the simple fact that when I used their other blues the color was almost completely lost. I'll post the white jersey to show what I am going for with these, but first the aforementioned white border.

16836973225_c95584cf4c_o.png

Adding white,silver,black or blue in any combination into this logo is difficult. I've seen a hundred different versions of people trying to force these colors into it and frankly it just doesn't work. As much as I myself would love these colors being incorporated into their new logo, it doesn't seem to work. Some people seem to like their previous logo but to me it was very 1998'ish looking. Anyway like I said before great job! Also the away is superb.

Trying to decide on a home jersey for Calgary. The away the same in each pair, I only have it three times so you can see the jerseys side by side. Thoughts?

16821798246_64247c7a30_o.png

Top one, at first i thought maybe the second one until i enlarged the image, it just looks better with less black. So yeah, the first one. Another great job by the way.

Apparently a few Boston U players decided to troll my comment about white gloves (or something)...

celebratejlogoal2_1.jpg

Anyway, as far as Flames alts, my own preference is #2...which means if they ever put this up for a vote, #4 would be the likely winner :hockeysmiley:

Flames home/aways, #1 all the way.

And the Lightning, I probably would've used a lighter blue, like what UCLA or the Detroit Lions use. Hell, the Avs' blueberry would've been a better choice here, if only to help with contrast. Far as what I'd go with as the home, #1.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

I will probably never use this as part of a set, but I wanted to share because some people love wild looking jerseys. The idea here was taking the original Flames' jerseys but making them yellow as an alt. I hope you all have sunglasses. ;)

16824378156_bb43880621_o.png

Adding white,silver,black or blue in any combination into this logo is difficult. I've seen a hundred different versions of people trying to force these colors into it and frankly it just doesn't work. As much as I myself would love these colors being incorporated into their new logo, it doesn't seem to work. Some people seem to like their previous logo but to me it was very 1998'ish looking. Anyway like I said before great job! Also the away is superb.

Top one, at first i thought maybe the second one until i enlarged the image, it just looks better with less black. So yeah, the first one. Another great job by the way.

I definitely agree. I am actually a fan of the new Lightning logo (in fact a fan of the new look - I feel a couple minor changes and it would be perfect), and adding any colors outside the blue or white is difficult. I'm never fully satisfied with my "final" products, so I always go back and tinker, if not blow it all up and start over. I'll keep toiling.

Thanks for the thoughts, they're greatly appreciated. :)

Apparently a few Boston U players decided to troll my comment about white gloves (or something)...

celebratejlogoal2_1.jpg

Anyway, as far as Flames alts, my own preference is #2...which means if they ever put this up for a vote, #4 would be the likely winner :hockeysmiley:

Flames home/aways, #1 all the way.

And the Lightning, I probably would've used a lighter blue, like what UCLA or the Detroit Lions use. Hell, the Avs' blueberry would've been a better choice here, if only to help with contrast. Far as what I'd go with as the home, #1.

And those white gloves look nice! Thanks for sharing that.

The general concensus seems to be the top red Flames jersey, so once I have an "official" set ready to go more likely than not it will be the primary.

That's the thing with the lighter blue, like I mentioned before, I really lightened the shade of blue from what I had been using. I could try going lighter, see what happens. My fear is that it will bastardize the look of the white jersey by going so much lighter. But as always, I will tinker and see what happens.

Thanks for the comments. :)

Trying to decide on a home jersey for Calgary. The away the same in each pair, I only have it three times so you can see the jerseys side by side. Thoughts?

16821798246_64247c7a30_o.png

Agreed. The top set looks really solid

These are a couple prototypes, so they're a bit rough, but I wanted to share them as it can sometimes be fun to see the stuff that never ends up being used as part of a final set.

This first was mocked up during my attempt to come up with an alternate for the most recent Flames set (ended up being the red jersey seen above).

16741196927_22ee3d7cf1_o.png

And this is a rough mockup of a white version of the aforementioned red alternate jersey.

16326162514_7d03037a82_o.png

The white version of that script logo looks stellar. I'd like to see a set that has the white flames logo (with the black outline) on the home and your logo on the alternate. In fact, the only thing wrong with the accompanying jersey is that the shoulder logos have no black. For a "rough prototype" that's pretty good :).

That's a pretty solid set. still not a fan of the logo but man that overall look is nice.

Thanks for the comments, Coast2Coast, I appreciate it. :)

The white version of that script logo looks stellar. I'd like to see a set that has the white flames logo (with the black outline) on the home and your logo on the alternate. In fact, the only thing wrong with the accompanying jersey is that the shoulder logos have no black. For a "rough prototype" that's pretty good :).

Yeah, I never added in the black on the shoulder logo because I was just generally doing a quick mockup and was cut & pasting over an existing uniform since, with the way I put things together, it would take too long to mock up the entire thing only to realize it looks horrid lol. Though sometimes ugly jerseys are things of beauty. I've been tempted to make a video showing how I throw things together sometime just because it's quite a bit different than the way I know most people go about designing.

Thanks for your thoughts. :)

Been playing with with Colorado a bit the last couple days. First task is modifying the uniforms I designed in 2012 with a better burgandy, something with a bit more reddish saturation, as well altering the pants, gloves and helmets on the home & away. The alternate will undergo both a color update and an interesting style choice for the pants that, for whatever reason, I think looks pretty good. For now, here is a side by side of the old vs new.

16970999235_801bb559c5_o.png

• 2 weeks later...

Archived