New Texas Football practice Jerseys

gdu

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Besides the fact that it's BFBS and looks nothing like the Texas Longhorns, it looks awful. Seriously looks like somebody at a high school got a little crazy with NikeTeam and plopped on some logos and a stripe. God awful.

It's all down hill from here.

Yup, he tried to lead in by saying "since we aren't changing our game uniforms..." or somesuch, but I've been hearing all spring that they were going to test a radical new look on the fan base.

These are so bad, I really struggle to put it into words.

I'm thinking this is nike's way of going over the top initially with a alternate proposal...then they can propose something more conservative and acceptable to the fan base down the road.

what are the odds that any replicas of this gear gets made?..if it sells that would definitely help nike's case as well.

either way this is the indicator that some sort of alternate in the future is inevitable.

In all for-realness though, those burnt orange pants would look nice with their white jerseys. But as the old saying goes: Don't Mess with Texas...Football Uniforms.

1798253197.jpg

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

In all for-realness though, those burnt orange pants would look nice with their white jerseys. But as the old saying goes: Don't Mess with Texas...Football Uniforms.

I agree with this one, or at least I'd like to see it. I've never been a fan of the snowman look. In the combo sheet, they didn't even pair them with the white jersey...hello?

As for the jerseys, sorry, but they are ugly. If worn in a game they'd be remembered like the BYU bibs.

This is obviously Texas' half-assed attempt at going all "Pro Combat" without harming tradition.

C'mon Texas. It's 2012 where tradition means zero and looking like a hot mess is welcomed!

6uXNWAo.png

The current home (white/orange/white) is one of the best in the nation, but as some have stated, orange pants on the road would be delicious. I'd even go as far as saying a burnt orange helmet with white logo (same as current just flipped colors) as long as used on the road only with the orange pants, wouldn't be bad looking at all.

ApKQti_CAAArqwE.jpg

And see, I don't hate this particular jersey at all. It's something about the color balance. Like I've said in other threads, not taking tradition into account when evaluating the aesthetic merits of a jersey and simply judging by design (i.e. if this wasn't for Texas), this one is OK by me. The fact that there are big bold chunks of contrasting colors (that still work well together) here make these OK as far as I'm concerned.

So is there a story or press release for these? Safe to say they're practice jerseys right? But are they for everyone, or do certain players get to wear them? or are they for the spring game??

If they do wear a PC uniform this year i just really really really hope theres no black. Grey or even a brown or pewter i'd be fine with, but please no bfbs.

So is there a story or press release for these? Safe to say they're practice jerseys right? But are they for everyone, or do certain players get to wear them? or are they for the spring game??

If they do wear a PC uniform this year i just really really really hope theres no black. Grey or even a brown or pewter i'd be fine with, but please no bfbs.

They are for the whole team to wear during fall practice. Offense and Defense will rotate colors so everyone gets to wear more than 1. Haven't heard anything about wearing them for the spring game, but you never know.

This is obviously Texas' half-assed attempt at going all "Pro Combat" without harming tradition.

C'mon Texas. It's 2012 where tradition means zero and looking like a hot mess is welcomed!

Lingering resentment from the 2005 Big 12 Championship game here.

That crap looks like something you'd pick up in the children's section of a discount store .

FsQiF2W.png

Archived