Best Jersey in MLS history?

spottedbadger

The Fire flag change kit would have been perfect if they used the same shirt template as their primaries. It's almost like it was too easy, the white center stripe with the stars in it would have made them stand out better and look more like the actual flag.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

idk about best ever, but these are by far the best the Dynamo have ever worn

dynamo%2B2011.jpg

I'm gonna put these Orange Crush primary kits at the top of my list. It's a Dutch Inspired look (Euro 88 IIRC) and it is the most instantly recognizable look in MLS to date. I would love if next year, the tried a Wolves-Inspired Orange/Black Primary kit.

If (and when, it seems) Orlando City gets in to MLS, they should follow the Dynamo's route on "separating itself from the rest of the pack" and go with a Purple Fiorentina-inspired look for their Primary kits while relegating Red to their Clash kits.

NYCdog.png

Eric-Wynalda-Fire.jpg

That's their 2000 kit, I believe, and while it's nice, their 1999 look is my favorite in club history, and definitely one of the best in MLS:

IMG_20120331_111925.jpg

The collar, the matching sleeve trim, the chest and sleeve stripes - it's all magnificent.

Once the Fire switched from Nike to Puma, their on-field look really deteriorated in my eyes.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I'm partial to the Fire's Chicago Flag jerseys.

imaging_aspx.png

...it wasn't executed as well as it could have been to me looking at it now. Came off looking a little cheap...

And a good bit redundant, considering that, well, the Chicago flag patch is kinda like, you know, right there and all.

...would have been perfect if they used the same shirt template as their primaries. It's almost like it was too easy, the white center stripe with the stars in it would have made them stand out better and look more like the actual flag.

Oh, were it only that easy...

All true assessments of the Fire jersey. Part of what I like about it is that it's a color that is drastically outside their normal change kit colors. All too often, MLS teams are content to have white change kit. I love it when English teams step far outside their normal team colors. It's also why I love the Timbers red change kit so much.

Gah, these would be SO much better with the green crest...oh well, beggars such and such...

jazzsig4

I HATE THIS TIMELINE

Archived