New Orleans ditching Hornets name?

yauger72

The Jazz moved to Salt Lake City where they don't allow music.

:rolleyes:

Yeah, tell that to Neon Trees, The Used, David Archuleta, The Osmonds....

Gotta love Utah jokes and thier hilariously off-base exaggerations.

Gotta love people who don't get Baseketball references.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

• Replies 461
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh, never seen Baseketball before. My bad! But still, quite exaggerated :P

Anyways, carry on with the New Orleans discussion, fellas.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

The Mormon Tabernacle Choir is on Line 1.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

The Mormon Tabernacle Choir is on Line 1.

yeah, but jazz is the music of Cain... :P

It's very, very simple:

1. Hornets change their name to Sonics.

2. Rename the Charlotte Bobcats the Charlotte Hornets.

The New Orleans Sonics? O_O

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

It's very, very simple:

1. Hornets change their name to Sonics.

2. Rename the Charlotte Bobcats the Charlotte Hornets.

The New Orleans Sonics? O_O

Well if that's the case it would only be a short time before they would be Seattle bound !

#DTWD #GoJaguars

Beating-a-dead-horse.gif

That I will agree with.. I dont think it would be right for franchises to change names and swap team histories away to others just to satisfy some whiny needs for true history.. I would perfer each franchise is followed as is where they used to be from and when they moved to what city and etc.. same for NBA, NHL, MLB, NFL and others.. just see where each franchise is from what original city and where they are now.. I have done an Excel database for all franchises (NFL, CFL, NHL, MLB, NBA) so I want to be sure which franchise is in what city and when and all I have done is put in win/loss/tie with overtime and shootout for the records and what division they were in and did they win any divisions along with league championships and more.. so I would rather be safe than sorry to make sure all my data is continuing with each franchise move and other things.

Ice Hockey International Winnipeg Braves (Bobby Hull Division 18-3-0 1st place as of March 14, 2011)

2010-11 O'Brien Trophy for Bobby Hull Division championship & Jack Riley Cup for top team in league regular season

I have done an Excel database for all franchises (NFL, CFL, NHL, MLB, NBA) so I want to be sure which franchise is in what city and when and all I have done is put in win/loss/tie with overtime and shootout for the records and what division they were in and did they win any divisions along with league championships and more.. so I would rather be safe than sorry to make sure all my data is continuing with each franchise move and other things.

now-thats-what-i-call-a-cool-story-bro.gif

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

new orleans hurricanes!!

/ runs and hides

Normally, that wouldn't be bad. However, not so good now. Yes, we all know about Katrina and how much she was a raging b***h. However, you have the secondary famous hurricane. People would think of Pat O's hurricanes, and any of us locals (or semi-locals in my case) know, that just isn't a real hurricane. Just like whenever you see someone with a Tropical Isle hand grenade or flashing some boob, if you see someone with a Pat O's hurricane, you know they are a tourist.

I do very much like B-Rich's Spirits idea. St. Louis Cathedral is definitely one of the icons of the city and would work well as park of a logo package, and in one way or another the vast majority of the city is quite spiritual.

The NBA has to have the worst nicknames of all 5 major North American leagues.

Lakers - ANY Lakes even in the LA area?

Warriors - Most used name of all time

Grizzlies - If you count all the criminals in that city, as "Grizzlies", then yes, Memphis has a lot of them"

Thunder - Another very common name among amateur and minor league teams

Magic - They were the 2nd most famous "magic" in basketball for their first five years of existence

Kings - A more famous "Kings" team already exists in the same state

Bobcats - No need to explain why

Raptors - named that because of mid 90's Jurassic Park popularity. A majority of season ticket holders signed a petition to change name to "Huskies"

Jazz - Salt Lake City has a lot of things, but Jazz is not one of them

Hornets - Name/brand ruined after 3 relocation's in side an 8 year span

Most of these did not start off as band names, they are bad because the NBA has an obsession with making teams keep their names. Upon research I found out that most of the teams that relocated requested a name change. If it was not for the lawsuit, the Thunder would still be the Sonic's. The NFL makes teams keep their names (Colt's, Raiders) because of branding.

Also the NBA also does have a lot of good names for their teams, but the bad ones far out weigh the good ones.

The NBA has to have the worst nicknames of all 5 major North American leagues.

Lakers - ANY Lakes even in the LA area?

Warriors - Most used name of all time

Grizzlies - If you count all the criminals in that city, as "Grizzlies", then yes, Memphis has a lot of them"

Thunder - Another very common name among amateur and minor league teams

Magic - They were the 2nd most famous "magic" in basketball for their first five years of existence

Kings - A more famous "Kings" team already exists in the same state

Bobcats - No need to explain why

Raptors - named that because of mid 90's Jurassic Park popularity. A majority of season ticket holders signed a petition to change name to "Huskies"

Jazz - Salt Lake City has a lot of things, but Jazz is not one of them

Hornets - Name/brand ruined after 3 relocation's in side an 8 year span

Most of these did not start off as band names, they are bad because the NBA has an obsession with making teams keep their names. Upon research I found out that most of the teams that relocated requested a name change. If it was not for the lawsuit, the Thunder would still be the Sonic's. The NFL makes teams keep their names (Colt's, Raiders) because of branding.

Also the NBA also does have a lot of good names for their teams, but the bad ones far out weigh the good ones.

Well, while we're on this topic, to be fair, let's name terrible names from other leagues.

MLB

Red Sox

White Sox

Indians

Reds

Mets

Phillies

Padres

Nationals

NFL

Bills

Browns

Packers

Texans

Patriots

Saints

49ers

Redskins

NHL

Ducks

Blue Jackets

Canadiens

Devils

Canucks

Capitals

Yeah some of these names have supposed history behind them blah blah blah. They are still awful names for sports teams. I'll be glad to explain my reasoning for any of them.

And what is the 5th major North American league? MLS? Please don't say so, or else I'm going to have a field day listing awful names in that "league."

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

Well, while we're on this topic, to be fair, let's name terrible names from other leagues.

MLB

Red Sox

White Sox

Indians

Reds

Mets

Phillies

Padres

Nationals

NFL

Bills

Browns

Packers

Texans

Patriots

Saints

49ers

Redskins

NHL

Ducks

Blue Jackets

Canadiens

Devils

Canucks

Capitals

Yeah some of these names have supposed history behind them blah blah blah. They are still awful names for sports teams. I'll be glad to explain my reasoning for any of them.

What? You don't like teams named for denonyms, colors, articles of clothing and derogatory terms?! :rolleyes::D

And what is the 5th major North American league? MLS? Please don't say so, or else I'm going to have a field day listing awful names in that "league."

Yeah MLS most def has the worst names. Galaxy? Timbers? Sounders?

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

The 5th major North American is either MLS or the Arena Football League.

The 5th major North American is either MLS or the Arena Football League.

MLS. Attendance wise, and ratings wise much more popular than AFL.

Archived