New Orleans ditching Hornets name?

yauger72

Crawdads is still better than Bobcats.

It wouldn't be a horrible thing to see something along the lines of New Orleans Riverpilots or something like that - makes sense.

I don't know if this has been suggested, but would it be a horrible thing to see the old days of same-city nicknames return? New York Giants did it, as did a few others, I think.

New Orleans Saints for the NBA team too, maybe with some different colors?

I'd love that too, Saints. I'd even use the same identity, etc. I'm sure it wouldn't be allowed but with the same owner, why not?

Or, what about at least the same black/gold color scheme? I love how the Seahawks and Sounders (same owners) have very similar colors. Make black/gold the unofficial colors of New Orleans.

• Replies 461
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wouldn't the NFL be able to sue the NBA? I know the owner wouldn't sue himself, but that would be directly copying something that is a part of the NFL's brand as an entirety. Maybe not, I'm just asking. The real problem would arise when he decides to sell one of the teams.

Wouldn't the NFL be able to sue the NBA? I know the owner wouldn't sue himself, but that would be directly copying something that is a part of the NFL's brand as an entirety. Maybe not, I'm just asking. The real problem would arise when he decides to sell one of the teams.

Not sure but pro sports are probably too complicated now for it to ever happen. I believe they do this in Europe with soccer and basketball teams that are owned by the same groups having the same names. Here is Real Madrid basketball. Same crest as soccer.

439x.jpg

Not sure but pro sports are probably too complicated now for it to ever happen. I believe they do this in Europe with soccer and basketball teams that are owned by the same groups having the same names. Here is Real Madrid basketball. Same crest as soccer.

439x.jpg

That's Europe. This is America. We don't have Eurotrash sporting culture and traditions, we have American sporting culture and traditions.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

439x.jpg

That's Europe. This is America. We don't have Eurotrash sporting culture and traditions, we have American sporting culture and traditions.

We should be open to incorporating things, if they make sense, from all cultures (not that this does or doesn't make sense for NOLA). Just because it's not American doesn't make it bad. Believe me there are plenty of things in American leagues that are in need of fixing.

Fake or not ?

531167_3788233714859_1547565216_33208462_617281019_n.jpg

Fan-created logo by a prevalent poster on the Hornetsreport website. He's also come up with a whole set-up for "Krewe of New Orleans" and a set basically updating the old USFL Breakers logo.... :rolleyes:

It is what it is.

439x.jpg

We should be open to incorporating things, if they make sense, from all cultures (not that this does or doesn't make sense for NOLA). Just because it's not American doesn't make it bad. Believe me there are plenty of things in American leagues that are in need of fixing.

So we should have teams go the European route? Is that what I'm reading? Hard to decipher.

Fake or not ?

Definitely fake. The name is spelt wrong....

...it's spelt Archangels

I took the spelling as being a play on the three-point arc.

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

439x.jpg

So we should have teams go the European route? Is that what I'm reading? Hard to decipher.

Not necessarily. Just be open to other ideas. If good, incorporate. If not, disregard. The whole Eurotrash vs. American comment seemed off putting and unnecessary. Just because Real Madrid does it, doesn't mean it's bad. They are a top notch organization.

439x.jpg

Such as a general lack of diving to fake injury amirite?

You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

439x.jpg

Not necessarily. Just be open to other ideas. If good, incorporate. If not, disregard. The whole Eurotrash vs. American comment seemed off putting and unnecessary. Just because Real Madrid does it, doesn't mean it's bad. They are a top notch organization.

An organization that is killing the rest of La Liga. Literally. Let's not imitate that.

Today, we are all otaku.

Fake or not ?

Definitely fake. The name is spelt wrong....

...it's spelt Archangels

I took the spelling as being a play on the three-point arc.

Also says concept logo at the bottom.

I think it's a cool logo, but not a very good name. It just seems to minor-league to me. Really can't think of anything cool off the top of my head, but think that the colors should be black/gold. Since the Saints are the only other big-four team in the city, and owned by the same group. Preferably I'd like it to be a similar shade of vegas gold, but athletic could work too. It is after all a color combination unused in the NBA.

Whatever the New Orleans' NBA franchise does, I hope they change the colors to purple, gold and green. Correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't most fans who live in New Orleans love their team to have Mardi Gras themed colors?

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

Whatever the New Orleans' NBA franchise does, I hope they change the colors to purple, gold and green. Correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't most fans who live in New Orleans love their team to have Mardi Gras themed colors?

The majority of fans on the Hornets boards I visit want a black & gold colour scheme (which would look great with the Hornets name, but I guess that ship has sailed)...

Archived