yauger72

New Orleans ditching Hornets name?

Fake or not ?

531167_3788233714859_1547565216_33208462_617281019_n.jpg

Definitely fake. The name is spelt wrong....

...it's spelt Archangels

The irony cannot be overlooked.

Fake or not ?

...it's spelt Archangels

I took the spelling as being a play on the three-point arc.

Damn they must really love the three ball in NO to name their team after it

It's a concept by BigDub over at the HornetsReport board. He's done some really neat concepts for various names...

I say name them the new Orleans devils and make every game a sinful treat!

Bundle saints, devils and Tebow sermon tickets to save yourself from eternal damnation

Hornets is not a bad name, but it should have stayed in Charlotte. There are many great names you use in New Orleans, here are a few.

New Orleans Cajuns

New Orleans Gators

New Orleans Possum

New Orleans Spirits

and taking from the AFL

New Orleans Voodoo

Hornets is not a bad name, but it should have stayed in Charlotte. There are many great names you use in New Orleans, here are a few.

New Orleans Cajuns

New Orleans Gators

New Orleans Possum

New Orleans Spirits

and taking from the AFL

New Orleans Voodoo

POSSUM?

New Orleans not really known for its possum population. That's more rural South.

Now, raccoons-- that's a different story. I live in a very developed, rather urban suburb of New Orleans and we've got those all over the place....

New Orleans Cajuns

New Orleans Gators

New Orleans Possum

New Orleans Spirits

and taking from the AFL

New Orleans Voodoo

POSSUM?

New Orleans not really known for its possum population. That's more rural South.

Now, raccoons-- that's a different story. I live in a very developed, rather urban suburb of New Orleans and we've got those all over the place....

Nobody's known for possums. But maybe they could be the Opossums.

(Not being serious)

New Orleans Cajuns

New Orleans Gators

New Orleans Possum

New Orleans Spirits

and taking from the AFL

New Orleans Voodoo

POSSUM?

possummmmssss-o.gif

Well with Stern finally putting a mix on the fact of "Jazz" name being returned to New Orleans they get start from scratch.

Even if it doesn't sound right the " Jazz" basketball wise belongs in Utah or they've been most of their existence.

Well with Stern finally putting a mix on the fact of "Jazz" name being returned to New Orleans they get start from scratch.

Even if it doesn't sound right the " Jazz" basketball wise belongs in Utah or they've been most of their existence.

I'd love a return to the Utah Stars name personally. Let NOLA have the Jazz name back ... for the right price.

You can tell me grass is pink for 50 years in a row and it still won't make it pink.

Stern said the Jazz name is NOT moving?...colour me officially worried that it is moving then... :P

Fake or not ?

...it's spelt Archangels

The irony cannot be overlooked.

You are implying that "spelt" is spelt wrong. Not so; it's just a matter of British convention. (Same with "learnt" and "burnt", and probably a few other past participles that I cannot think of right now.) The form "spelt" is equally correct as the American standard "spelled"; neither can be called an error, no matter what country you are in.

Stern said the Jazz name is NOT moving?...colour me officially worried that it is moving then... :P

Good point. Stern's as slimy as they come. Wouldn't surprise me if he's once again talking out of both sides of his mouth.

Why don't we move the Hornets to Charlotte, the Jazz to New Orleans, and the Bobcats to Utah.

Oh, and where can I get one of those new Red Wings uniforms?

Why don't we move the Hornets to Charlotte, the Jazz to New Orleans, and the Bobcats to Utah.

Same place as those new Bucs jerseys.

Same place as those new Bucs jerseys.

Not a subject for this thread, but I wonder if the teams will have the same practice jerseys under Nike as with RBK. It'd be a shame to lose little things like the Bucs font.

The same place you can purchase new green and red NY Yankees jerseys.