The floor for the Women's Final Four in Denver and the floor for the Men's Final Four in New Orleans

roxfan00

Their both good one thing I love about the womens Final Four is that they still play @ a Arena not a Stadium like the mens Final.

The Men's FInal Four will only be played in domes, because they attract more live fans. That's why the list of cities rotates mainly between St. Louis, Minneapolis, New Orleans, Atlanta and San Antonio.

Until women's college basketball consistently puts more butts in the seats, it will be played in arenas. Same reason is why the earlier rounds (last time I checked) were all played at the top-seeded team's school (in the region/bracket) instead of at a previously-determined neutral site.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Their both good one thing I love about the womens Final Four is that they still play @ a Arena not a Stadium like the mens Final.

The Men's FInal Four will only be played in domes, because they attract more live fans. That's why the list of cities rotates mainly between St. Louis, Minneapolis, New Orleans, Atlanta and San Antonio.

Until women's college basketball consistently puts more butts in the seats, it will be played in arenas. Same reason is why the earlier rounds (last time I checked) were all played at the top-seeded team's school (in the region/bracket) instead of at a previously-determined neutral site.

The women played mostly in domes in the early 2000s, drawing an average of 35k.

All rounds of the women's tournament have been played at pre-determined sites since 2003, though some of them still occur on home courts.

Hard part of keeping the regional courts as the respetive areans, are the teams that play there. Most of which are either major areans, or NBA teams. I live in Phoenix, and I know the Suns would not want all the extra logos and 3 piont lines covering thier floor. Also those vinil covers in use for those logos, can be very slippery. So a whole new floor is provided for the regional final and Final Four sites.

"Post Hoc, Ergo Propter Hoc!:  "After this, therefore, because of this."

f3dca0b9-3d53-4cd3-b468-7ac58806b3dc.png

Hard part of keeping the regional courts as the respetive areans, are the teams that play there. Most of which are either major areans, or NBA teams. I live in Phoenix, and I know the Suns would not want all the extra logos and 3 piont lines covering thier floor. Also those vinil covers in use for those logos, can be very slippery. So a whole new floor is provided for the regional final and Final Four sites.

That's a good point. I suppose it's hard to make a new floor and just selectively leave some "local" elements. How did it work in the old days? Vinyl covers as you refer to? I always thought they just slapped that blue circle in the middle and called a day somehow, but a decal or vinyl cover doesn't really make sense to me.

Archived