Charlotte Hornets and New Orleans Crawfish

Lights Out

All this is excellent, Lights Out. I really dig the more timeless take on a 90s look. (I guess it can't be entirely timeless as it's teal and purple which was 90s sports design! Ha.) The alternate C mark is wonderful. Even though it would sound like it would clash, I like the checks v. the pinstripes on the uniform. Each works with its own color so they don't appear to conflict. Do you have an action-type template? It would give a better sense of how the checks and pinstripes look together to see the uniform on someone. The only thing I'm not super high on is the gradient on the court, but even it's not too bad.

I like your concept, but that name needs to die. The Charlotte/OKC/New Orleans Hornets...And WHY did Stern extend the lease on New Orleans arena?! Last in attendance, and that attendance is often exaggerated.

Actually, we're 22nd, and that's in one of the smallest arenas in the league...

I like that concept, but I'm not sure of the font used. And I agree with Geo, the court needs honeycomb lanes... Otherwise, it's perfect. Love the secondary logo, too.

I can't tell what all is going on in the logo in midcourt. What is going on at the top of the C? Is it a stinger slanted off to the side?

That's the (rather brilliant) original Hornets logo. Yeah, the stinger is off to the left.

I like it !! A solid name and colors for both. I like the tie in of colors aka keeping the Mardi Gras Gold for the crawfish.

But I think they should incorporate the checkerboard design for the 3rd jerseys the bobcats use and possibly silver or the honeycomb

#DTWD #GoJaguars

Charlotte looks GREAT.

Fer dem crawdids, I don't dig on the home jersey much, but I really enjoy the road. The third, I like it but, IDK, there's something there holding me back from liking it as much.

No matter what, I love the Crawfish shorts design. The only addition I might make to it is to put a logo inside the claw, maybe a 'C' or and 'NO'.

I L.O.V.E. that center court logo on the Crawfish. Near perfection.

[Great template BTW, ;)]

Crayfish, crawfish, crawdads, what it's called depends on what part of the country you're from. I'm not 100% it's true for New Orleans, but the Southern name is usually crawdads. Something to take into account.

I would replace the claw with a proper C in the wordmark. It's a pretty solid design overall.

rATMcmK.png

New Orleans Po Boyz sounds better!

As for Charlotte, I hope Thunder would have been a good team name ( Charlotte Raceway, hence Charlotte Thunder!), but OKC has the Thunder...should have been called the OKC FUNNELS or TWISTERS!

BRING BASEBALL BACK TO MONTREAL!!!!

MON AMOURS SIEMPRE!!

The only suggestion I have is incorporating the Alexander Julian stripes back into the CLT unis. Not a fan of the side panels, either.... Other than that, classy update of a classic. I would love that friggin' floorplan!

The Crawfish (we in the south, even here in NC call them Crawdads, yes) look great, and the NBA has been missing a yellow/red team. I likey, even though I'd prefer the name "Blues," which would allow them to keep their current color scheme. Crawdads is an awesome name though, and the wordmark/logos you've crafted are pretty spectacular.

bannernigga3-1.jpeg

Click the Banner - Join the Movement!

Bannertop.jpeg

raptors_display_image.png?1325753456

They both have an animal... fornicating... with a basketball.

Quite appropriate for both cities. NOLA has Mardi Gras and isn't Toronto a huge prostitution destination?

I love the Crawfish colors, uniforms and especially that court!

87Redskins.png

Archived