It's Live (New Nike NFL Apparel)

agent009

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love that Nike isn't lazy like Reebok and pick some stupid font and use on all clothing for all the teams. Nike actually did the sensible thing and used each team's specific font.

Developing a custom unique font is lazier than using existing team fonts?

I was talking more about the production of the apparel. I would think it's a lot easier producing apparel using one font than it would be using 30 different fonts. Also, it's not like the fonts they came up with were really unique or detailed. They looked pretty basic and plain.

Reebok produced shirts with team wordmarks as well. I have several of them. It's amazing how short term memories disappear once Nike gets involved.

Nike makes a whole bunch of shirts with their "just do it" font. Does that make them lazy?

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Nike makes a whole bunch of shirts with their "just do it" font. Does that make them lazy?

Yes.

And crass. And self-serving. And a whole host of other unpleasant things.

its only the first set of apparel. That's Nike's main "motto" or whatever, so I think it was a perfect way to introduce itself into the NFL world.

http://www.footballfanatics.com/NFL_Carolina_Panthers_Hats/New_Era_Carolina_Panthers_TD_Classic_Flex_Hat_-_BlackPanther_Blue

wrong script on the back of this hat...but overall a very sick hat, in my opinion

spacer.png

spacer.png

Yes.

And crass. And self-serving. And a whole host of other unpleasant things.

its only the first set of apparel. That's Nike's main "motto" or whatever, so I think it was a perfect way to introduce itself into the NFL world.

It would have been really great if Nike didn't use that font on college and MLB shirts throughout the last 12 months.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

It looks like it isn't there any more, but last night the Denver Broncos jersey section had white Manning jerseys that featured no side panels.

I saw a green Seahawks hat on newera.com with the "new" logo thats no longer up as well. Interesting. So was the jersey a normal broncos road jersey just sans the panels?

It looks like it isn't there any more, but last night the Denver Broncos jersey section had white Manning jerseys that featured no side panels.

I saw a green Seahawks hat on newera.com with the "new" logo thats no longer up as well. Interesting. So was the jersey a normal broncos road jersey just sans the panels?

That's what I recall it looking like. Wish I had been smart enough to screencap. Mostly because I wanted to see if any of the many more knowledgeable people on here could tell me whether it was just some fashion jersey or something. But it's odd that it's been taken down now.

Also, this:

BroncosJerseys.png

This appears to be what I was looking at last night. It lists three items but they don't show up, and they're all white Manning jerseys like I saw last night.

the plain jersey you were talking about was the "Pro line" jersey that the nfl created to make up for the reebok that they supposedly couldnt make or sell anymore...but then they made a bunch of reebok tebow jerseys...so who knows. And that Tebow Jets t-shirt, is not nike.

spacer.png

spacer.png

I love that Nike isn't lazy like Reebok and pick some stupid font and use on all clothing for all the teams. Nike actually did the sensible thing and used each team's specific font.

Developing a custom unique font is lazier than using existing team fonts?

I know, right?

Kristopher "Baze" Bazen

www.krisbazen.com

One change I'm very happy about is that they're not doing the stupid baseball arch in an inaccurate font on the t-shirt NOBs. That drove me crazy.

Then:

64-19205-Y.jpg

Now:

p12511283dt.jpg

OTOH, I'm sure as hell not paying $31.99 for that.

Thought the exact same thing when I saw the lack of an arched name!

Hmm... looks like the Jets might have a new font?

22-50120-Y.jpg

that's the "eligible receiver" tee. it's unbranded. if you look on NFL shop, they have a similar one for peyton manning.

i think it was just made as a placeholder between reebok and nike. so not saying the jets font definitely won't change, i just don't think this is an indication that it definitely will.

sig2024.png

Hmm... looks like the Jets might have a new font?

22-50120-Y.jpg

Probably just another error. I highly doubt the Jets are going to incorporate a gray trim to their uniforms.

However, IF true, Nike wins if NYJ is getting new-ish uniforms following the Reebok-Tebow debacle.

Gray version now up: http://www.nflshop.com/product/index.jsp?productId=12838811&cp=2237612.2246863&pageType=family&parentPage=family

6uXNWAo.png

Archived