Logolympiad: Event 10

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well here's mine:

Blaze.png

Comments? Suggestions? Questions?

I like the gradation in the word blaze, but let's be honest here, that flame motif at the end, is not original:

IndianapolisBlaze2.GIF

@Frenchie_TO
Owner of the Rochester Americans of the MLH

Owner of the Toronto Frenchies of the GCFHL6

Well here's mine:

Blaze.png

I like the gradation in the word blaze, but let's be honest here, that flame motif at the end, is not original:

IndianapolisBlaze2.GIF

ZING

I saw, I came, I left.

( Here's my version.

You'll see by the quality of the brush (lack of...) That the lower-case "b" in shape of a flame, is an original drawing.

Please! Don't say it looks like an Hershey Kiss... Man that makes me hungry... )

NO MORE HERSHEY KISSES!!!

Here is my NEW version....

Decide to try to differentiate myself from the pack, let's see if this strategy works...

blazeNEWworking.gif

@Frenchie_TO

Here's my version.

You'll see by the quality of the brush (lack of...) That the lower-case "b" in shape of a flame, is an original drawing.

BUFFALOBLAZE.GIF

Please! Don't say it looks like an Hershey Kiss... Man that makes me hungry...

That is very cool

In a flame kind of way

Here's my version.

That is very cool

In a flame kind of way

Thanks!

I may see if I can clean-up the "flame".

I wasn't trying to go for the Calgary look, so I may modify the colours slightly...

I also considered different meanings of Blaze, but for Buffalo, it HAS to be "arson" related...

@Frenchie_TO

Here's my submission...

BuffaloBlaze.gif

I went with a different color scheme... Everyone more or less went with the red/yellow/orange firey look, but when I thought of Blaze, the first color scheme that came to my head was closer to one of those ridiculously hot blue flames. So thats why I went with the blue gradient to give that effect. And I tried giving it a bit of a faced paced look also like it's blazin' along.

"The true New Yorker secretly believes that anyone living anywhere else has got to be, in some sense, kidding."

Well here's mine:

Blaze.png

IndianapolisBlaze2.GIF

ZING

I love a good scandal.

Now before we jump to conclusions, let me say that it could be that he found it in clip art. I know I've found an old college bull logo in clip art (the one highlighting the underside of his neck), as well as some sort of monsters logo which I found on the hockeydb site. This was all in Printmaster Platinum 7.0's clip art...

So before we jump to conclusions, know that there's a strong possibility that he was not at all at fault.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

Now before we jump to conclusions, let me say that it could be that he found it in clip art. I know I've found an old college bull logo in clip art (the one highlighting the underside of his neck), as well as some sort of monsters logo which I found on the hockeydb site. This was all in Printmaster Platinum 7.0's clip art...

So before we jump to conclusions, know that there's a strong possibility that he was not at all at fault.

So if an image is part of a commercial clip art package, can it be used by a company for its own logo? Does it become public domain? Or do you still have to get permi$$ion to use it?

Yes. I truly found this in Clipart and didn't even know of the logo you showed me. What team is that anyway? It was a simple flame like that in my clipart program. I didn't do this on purpose.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

Yes. I truly found this in Clipart and didn't even know of the logo you showed me. What team is that anyway? It was a simple flame like that in my clipart program. I didn't do this on purpose.

I believe you.

Not 100% sure why I did this...

bblaze.gif

I just learned how to make bling in Photoshop and I've been blinging everything lately. That, and I had some mixed drinks and spent a lot of time in the sun this weekend.

I just hope that the Soccer team didn't pay the designer of that logo too much money...

Although I am the one who brought it up, I usually don't mind it too much when people are "stongly influenced" by existing logos/icons in the creation of Fantasy uniforms, but I also realized how serious you guys are here...

We're all in this for fun...

God forbid someone goes out and copyright simpler symbols and start suing people...

@Frenchie_TO

Not 100% sure why I did this...

bblaze.gif

I just learned how to make bling in Photoshop and I've been blinging everything lately. That, and I had some mixed drinks and spent a lot of time in the sun this weekend.

Any chance that you were blasting some "Nelly" on the speakers?

@Frenchie_TO

Here's my version.

BUFFALOBLAZE.GIF

Had to say this,

It look like a Hershey Kiss.

blaze96.gif

Going out in a blaze of glory.

Redesigned and submitted by MoJoTo-ette. Please do not make a 9 year old girl cry.

Please don't let your voting preference be influenced by my daddy.

He's drunk tonight.

Thank you

Archived