Where would you move the Expos?

spyboy1

Where would you move the Expos and why?  

54 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And all three teams would vote no on that, so us Nutmeggers are (again) resigned to being the minor-league red-headed sports stepchild of New England that we are.

(Note: all past the comma in that last sentence was sarcasm. But closer to truth than we in C-town like to admit.)

That being said, I've heard it's a 99% done deal that the Spos are off to D.C. They'll play at RFK while a new park is built near the MCI Center.

Plus, Peter Angelos needs to be bumped down a peg or two, and this would be a great way to do it. :)

Sodboy13 said:
As you watch more basketball, you will learn to appreciate the difference between "defense" and "couldn't find the rim with a pair of bloodhounds and a Garmin."

meet the new page, not the same as the old page.

I would love to see the Expos relocate here to San Antonio, but since we have a lot of Astros fans, I doubt it would happen. Plus, the Astros would find a way to prevent it from happening. Damn those 'Stros!

tyson.jpg

Yeah, but they have been with the Harrisburgh Senators for a long time so its not anything new.

I know it isn't new. I'm just pointing out that it could be an interesting and convenient coincidence should they chose to move D.C. and keep the Senators name. Their minor league team would fit in nicely with the parent club's identity.

• 1 month later...

theres always Arkansas, Mississippi or Alabama that could use a pro team :P

seriously, i'd like to see a team in either Charlotte, NC; Norfolk, VA; New Orleans, LA; or Nashville, TN; DC don't need a team, they already got the Orioles which i have long considered DC's team. and out of the 4, i would like to see either NO or Nashville get a team. :rolleyes:

Magus.png

General Magus Zeal

Leader of the Mystics of Medina.

The forums most hated member ever.

If the team is going to move for next season, the only option is Washington. None of the other cities being considered has a stadium suitable for a Major League team, even on a temporary basis. RFK Stadium isn't great, but at least it exists.

Of course, if New Orleans were interested, there is always the Superdome that could be used temporarily. There have been exhibition games there, and while a baseball field is a tight fit, it can be done. (Now that brings up the problem of indoor baseball, artificial turf and all that, but if it were only for two or three years until something new comes, maybe we could live with it.)

CK3ZP8E.jpg

How bout Milwaukee? They could support 2 teams right? RIGHT????

totally kidding. I don't really care where they end up. They just need an owner that's not the rest of baseball. NOooo...its not a conflict of interet having the other owners run their competition....give me a break.

peace,

pc

I'm not voting because of the terrible poll choices :P

But my choice would be to stay in Montreal, you all know my reasons.

I'd keep them in Montreal too. The name expos and the logo has such a uniqueness to it that it makes the Expos really cool, it'll be sad to see them go. :down::(:cry:

If the team is going to move for next season, the only option is Washington. None of the other cities being considered has a stadium suitable for a Major League team, even on a temporary basis. RFK Stadium isn't great, but at least it exists.

Of course, if New Orleans were interested, there is always the Superdome that could be used temporarily. There have been exhibition games there, and while a baseball field is a tight fit, it can be done. (Now that brings up the problem of indoor baseball, artificial turf and all that, but if it were only for two or three years until something new comes, maybe we could live with it.)

New Orleans would be a good city (imaging the Expos going from one historically French city to another), and they also have a stadium in surburban Metairie which is the home of the PCL's Zephyrs, Zephyr Field. However, I look for the DC area to get the Expos.

Atlanta Braves, please bring back the Indian Head logo.

No way New Orleans could support it, the Saints have yet to sell the naming rights to the Superdome and they are close to Atlanta in their indifferent attitudes to profesional sports, college ones on the other hand. I really wish Las Vegas would get them. No they don't have the stadium in the interum and the gambling thing scares the big wigs, but Bud has always been one to take chances and this would be (sorry) a nice gamble to take.

I like my women like i like my coffee, tied up in a burlap sack and thrown over the back of a donkey.

Archived