Saathoffs Soccer Concepts

Saathoff

Saathoff's Soccer Concepts

Hello fellow members, some of you may know me, I did a MLS concept project last fall but lost time to do it. So I'm back at it again. I got my soccer fever.

Just a background on me, I'm German, I actually live in the United States. I proudly support the Seattle Sounders FC of the MLS. I'm the President of the Heartland Horde, which is a sub-group of the Emerald City Supporters.

I also support the following European Clubs; Borussia Dortmund, Chelsea FC, OM, PSV, Rangers, and Central Coast Mariners FC of the A-League.

Table of Contents:

MLS:

Los Angeles Galaxy

Chicago Fire

Toronto FC

Philadelphia Union

NASL:

First off like i did last fall i simplified the MLS Logo:

mlslogo.png

Senior Creative at Sporting Kansas City. Follow me on Twitter: @NateTheDesigner 

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

los_angeles_infobox.png

los_angeles_galaxy_home_kit.png

los_angeles_galaxy_away_kit.png

los_angeles_galaxy_3rd_kit.png

I brought back the old colors the LA Galaxy and brought the old clash kit back like the LA Galaxy did this year. Not sure if i like the Green more, but the MLS is overloaded with blue, so this is a plus in my opinion.

Personally, I think if you switched the green to the Galaxy's normal blue, you'd have an awesome kit. If you don't like abundance of blue in the MLS, change another team's color lol.

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

Mr. Aware Eagle: Thanks! Glad to see interest in this. I'll be putting in some good time on this!

Berlin Wall: Thanks! If you went by tradition you're totally right! Yellow would be the home kit, I had no real reason for these kits, other than LA wears white at home right now. But thanks for the input!

New_Member: Thanks for the input, after looking at this I agree. I remember New York Red Bull wearing gold shorts with their navy tops. Wasn't the best look

Rockstar Matt: Thanks. Reason for the change is history. Other clubs in the MLS have had their blue kits for quite sometime. Makes more sense to change the Galaxy. Otherwise I would of kept blue.

Perfect Zero: Thanks! That's actually a wonderful idea. Ill introduce that into my next kit, which will be the Chicago Fire!

WildWinger88:Thanks, after looking you're right, misplaced a little bit. Thanks for input and help

RedSox44: Thanks! Hope you're looking forward to the rest of the series!

Chicago Fire SC

Next up in the series will be the Chicago Fire. For this I changed the color scheme to the Chicago flag, and embraced the flag inside the design. Also as mcrosby did I added the skyline into the crest. So credit goes to him for the idea. As of right now I'll post the crest and info on Chicago.

chicago_fire_sc.png

chicago_fire_infobox.png

This series is pretty good so far. The LA Galaxy are well done and uniforms look great I don't really like the colours as they remind me of the Packers.

Also the images are too big, it they were smaller then it'd be better.

chicago_fire_home_kit.png

chicago_fire_away_kit.png

So finally releasing my Chicago Fire SC Kits. Wasn't sure really what to do with Chicago. I like the home kits. The away kit i like as well. My only problem, which some of you might notice is its a powder blue, just like their Rivals home kit, Sporting KC

Post what you think about the kits. I try my best and I'm not the best photoshopper in the world. But hope you enjoy.

This is shaping up to be a great MLS Concept thread. With that being said, I have two general questions so far:

1. Although you've simplified the League logo, what would your vision of the logo look like?
  2. Additionally, why did you keep the US Flags on the kits?

toronto_fc_infobox.png

toronto_fc_home_kit.png

toronto_fc_away_kit.png

My latest creation, Toronto FC. I got rid of the MLS-Adidas contract which in RL extends till 2018 and opened the doors to others to contract with North America's top flight. I like Nike as the pick for this cause Toronto's kits have closely resembled Arsenal but in a different scheme. I also changed the sponsor to Air Canada, as BMO fits Montreal better.

Hope you enjoyed Toronto.

Also I have changed the series a bit. This is now MLS/NASL series. MLS being the top flight, and NASL merging with the USL making the 2nd tier. And put in a promotion/relegation system. I know it will never happen in America, but we can all dream!

The White kit should be the "AWAY KIT" sorry for the error!

Also in response to Mindless:

1. Not sure currently, however ill draw some things up and see what I can come up with!

2. I kept the flags to represent the home countries of the teams, as the series MLS/NASL represents 2 countries and 1 territory I feel it helps show pride for the clubs home country. And I may be one of the rare people, but I actually like the flags on the kits in the MLS currently. I own 2 Seattle Sounders kits and the flag is sense of pride to me. Being in a military family representing the US flag is cool.

all of these are brilliant! I love MLS redesigns...I'm a Union fan myself... keep up the good work, looking forward to whats next. I'm not crazy about Chicago... but LA and Toronto are nearly perfect... (especially the yellow galaxy)

USMNT-1.png

Archived